Hot Toys 1/6th scale The JOKER Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The eye makeup might help this figure dramatically. What's making it not look like Heath's Joker in the face is the lack of black eye paint, and the eyes are too close together.

Absolutely, the most hurting aspect of the portrait is the black eye makeup. The film makeup was VERY bold to see, the HT paint apps make it much more subdued and take some of the impact out of it.

Well, you can't say you weren't warned. But on the bright side, you shouldn't have any trouble getting one from someplace else, even if you have to wait a bit.

THOSE BASTARDS. They cancelled my Joker order at ToyWiz. They're NOT getting any...bull ^^^^. ^^^^! :banghead

I posted this in the thread someone started about preordering at Toywiz. It's a common practice with them. If an item is in demand they'll cancel your order, tell you they aren't getting any and then you'll see it on their website for triple what it was on order for. If you can't find one, I've got two coming. Just let me know.

You know....I just might Woffy. I just might. Keep it on hold, I may break my "NO BUY FROM BOARDIE RULE".

Thats awfuly nice.

Im 16 duder. Ya know, whole adress thing? But i'll take to me padre about it, and we'll see if its workable. (although it should be...I hope)

Okiedookie, cuz one of the things my father was unsure about is, have you had any good transactions....perhaps you can whip it up on Ebay with a BIN, and i'll obviously get it there. I think that might be easier for him....but who knows.

Absolutely, the most hurting aspect of the portrait is the black eye makeup. The film makeup was VERY bold to see, the HT paint apps make it much more subdued and take some of the impact out of it.

Definetely, bro. I was thinking the same thing. And ever since pics of the character were first released, everyone went on and on about the scar. To me the thing that set him apart most visually, and made his look so terrifying was that black eye makeup that just enriched the instensity and hate in the eyes of the character. The scar smile + the black eyes that say they want to kill you is what makes the character's visceral image jump out at you. That would definetely help this figure look more like he does in the movie. Sculpt wise, the face isn't close to as good as the DC Direct level of accuracy, but I reckon if they make the eye makeup more pronounced, this figure would look alot better. Actually it would make him look alot more what he looks like on screen and in pics.

Do they ever go back and change paint apps in the production process from HT? If they do, I might get one if the black eye makeup is more pronounced in future releases.

THOSE BASTARDS. They cancelled my Joker order at ToyWiz. They're NOT getting any...bull ^^^^. ^^^^! :banghead

They did you a favor, bro. Get the better Joker (Dc Direct) for way cheaper. Then if they alter the eye makeup and paint apps on the HT one to make it more accurate, just wait for that one.

Hell no. The DC Joker is too long and lanky, the paint is cruddy, the sculpt is too soft, and the clothing is very meh. If it was 20 bucks i'd look into it...but not for 70 up.

But you rather pay 150+ for a barbie doll-ish body with more accurate clothes, and a facial sculpt and paint app that hardly resembles the on screen counterpart? Hmmm ...

The Joker himself is long and lanky. And his paint on his face IS cruddy.

Back