Hot Toys 1992 Batman Returns 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although not spot on completely, to me it’s better than Prime 1, Mars, and the HT 1.0.

Prime 1 dropped the ball big time on their cowl sculpt, the tux Bruce Wayne is a little better though, but those two are half scale. Errors in the likeness on a piece that big would drive me crazy.

Keaton has a very expressive face and it's hard to get him right. These are all the sculpts I'm aware of and I still think Blitzway did the best job.

Screenshot 2024-09-21 at 12.48.50.pngScreenshot 2024-09-21 at 12.46.52.pngScreenshot 2024-09-21 at 12.49.26.pngScreenshot 2024-09-21 at 12.53.16.pngScreenshot 2024-09-21 at 12.58.03.pngScreenshot 2024-09-21 at 16.24.34.pngScreenshot 2024-09-21 at 16.25.19.png

Although not spot on completely, to me it’s better than Prime 1, Mars, and the HT 1.0.

Prime 1 dropped the ball big time on their cowl sculpt, the tux Bruce Wayne is a little better though, but those two are half scale. Errors in the likeness on a piece that big would drive me crazy.

The one that just came out is 1:3. I don think the half scale one is available yet. I agree re: the cowl sculpt being a huge bummer but that's a different discussion. From the photos I’ve seen, the final Keaton sculpt, although not as good as the prototype, is still decent. The hair sculpt alone on the new HT is a deal-breaker for me.

The eyes and lips look good, but combined with the rest of the face the likeness drops for me on the P1 Bruce Wayne 1:3. There’s a bit of stylization going on. Loathe the production cowl sculpt, haven’t seen the production Bruce Wayne yet.

The Mars sculpt has too much volume and thickness in the hair and it doesn’t help that it resembles his costar Robert Wuhl more than him.

Never judge a sculpt off of promo photos, especially Hot Toys, they never look good, are always lit incorrectly and are usually unflattering. If you’d like to actually see prototype sculpts the correct way, I’d recommend keeping an eye on their painter’s IGs, most notably J.C Hong. His photos of the new T-800 show it for what it actually is.

ALl of them are close to each other and depending of scenes, some look more like keaton than others.

Looking at all those phtots, my favorite is the Mars....but that Hot Toys 2.0 is neck and neck/

Keaton is there, just not correctly lit.
Rolling eyes are the only reason I’m not completely sold, they always knock the likeness down a bit, no matter the actor.

IMG_4557.jpeg

Back