Hot Toys 1992 Batman Returns 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_4561.jpeg

I mean I personally don’t prefer either as they’re both completely off. I think Blitzway went too thin for the scene theirs is based on, Hot Toys went too thick for the scene theirs is based on. :huh

It’s honestly just down to his unique hair texture, it doesn’t have any waves to sculpt, no locks, just.. frizz.. you can’t sculpt frizz.

I agree, the sculpted hair is being far too kind, though it’s even more generous on the Flash Keaton.

View attachment 727295

View attachment 727296

I don’t see anyone clamoring for accuracy there.

They’re stuck between a rock and a hard place here. An accurate Keaton hairline and thickness identical to the scene it’s based on would look really bad and throw off the likeness a ton.

His hairline is receding badly in that scene, and to make matters worse his hair texture is extremely fine and curly.

I believe they understood this and decided to take liberties allowing people to use the sculpt for more than the intended purpose. We’re not getting another Keaton Bruce Wayne sculpt for quite some time, so perhaps it’s best to have a flexible option.
i think the hair could be curlier and a little fuller

1727077520515.png

1727077534006.png
1727077540920.png

View attachment 727295

View attachment 727296

I don’t see anyone clamoring for accuracy there.
That's because most people aren’t genuinely interested in that movie itself. Those who claim otherwise are usually driven by nostalgia, wanting to see their childhood hero or whatever in the best possible light in old age. However, when it comes to the genuinely good movie with the actor in his prime, I want to see what really was. Plus, his hair appeared to be fuller in the movie anyway

That's because most people aren’t genuinely interested in that movie itself. Those who claim otherwise are usually driven by nostalgia, wanting to see their childhood hero or whatever in the best possible light in old age. However, when it comes to the genuinely good movie with the actor in his prime, I want to see what really was. Plus, his hair appeared to be fuller in the movie anyway
I’ve never seen it, so I have no stake in it.
I don’t have it on PO, not interested.

I only used that as an example because it’s being regarded as the best Keaton likeness to date.

Every sculpt that features sculpted hair takes liberties one way or another. The new T-800 hair isn’t completely accurate either.
But the sculpt still looks good and the likeness is there.

IMG_4576.jpeg

IMG_4575.jpeg

was this picture during its premiere or like a year or two before the movie was made? well tbh this movie got delayed like for 2 years iirc
Either way you don’t go from a full head of hair to that or vice versa naturally in such a short time.

I don't think so at all. His hairline wasn't great in 1989 either.
I wasn’t referring to his hairline, but to his hair thickness. It was much more full in ‘89.

I think we’re expecting too much here, it’s sculpted hair, it will never look right for Keaton. As @nm.ct stated previously, if you want accurate hair, you’ll need to buy this sculpt and commission someone to shave it down and glue on rooted hair.

Last edited:
Back