Hot Toys 1992 Batman Returns 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prime1 hair sculpt looks hilarious to me. The hair styling is pretty wrong, the widows peak too pronounced with the top of the hair too poofy so forehead-up he looks like Frank from Dead Rising. In the film you can see they style it to avoid the thinning hair look. With the ripped cowl scene, his hair actually looks more full.

hot toys batman returns 2.0 keaton hair vs prime 1 vs real vlcsnap-2024-09-20-11h51m00s903.jpg

I agree, the sculpted hair is being far too kind, though it’s even more generous on the Flash Keaton.

View attachment 727295

View attachment 727296

I don’t see anyone clamoring for accuracy there.

They’re stuck between a rock and a hard place here. An accurate Keaton hairline and thickness identical to the scene it’s based on would look really bad and throw off the likeness a ton.

His hairline is receding badly in that scene, and to make matters worse his hair texture is extremely fine and curly.

I believe they understood this and decided to take liberties allowing people to use the sculpt for more than the intended purpose. We’re not getting another Keaton Bruce Wayne sculpt for quite some time, so perhaps it’s best to have a flexible option.
He was wearing a wig in The Flash.

Another look. Justin has very strong feelings about the hatch on the back of the head still being present. I honestly don’t mind if they eliminate it and might prefer they didn’t; having to remove the head to adjust the eyes from up through the neck is kind of a pain.

That is the old cowl sculpt and faceplates on display, so yes it has the hatch.

However that’s not what will be released, they did away with it on ‘89, they will do the same here. Let’s just hope the new cowl and faceplates look good and actually resemble the source this time.

If I don't have to squint to see Michael Keaton, that's a good enough job for me. I think this one--if it stays the way it looks now when it gets to production--is the best unmasked Keaton Bruce portrait we've gotten. Keaton seems TRICKY for companies to nail.

Looking at these two pics side-by-side it seems to me that the wings are not fully extended, hence the slight bagginess in the fabric of the glider wings, if you look at the "bones" at the top of the wings the angle doesn't quite line up, making me think the wings extend a little more at the middle, maybe a fold that hasn't been fully stretched out.
Probably done to fit it in the shelf.
Have there been any pics of it from Secret Base outside of the cabinet?

1727133210776.png
1727133239127.png

Back