Hot Toys 1992 Batman Returns 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can live with the hands to gauntlet separation,
I can’t however live with a newly released cowl
with a rolling eye hatch. It cannot be included on a 2025 release.

I’d certainly recommend people get the Returns 1.0 before getting the DX09 though,
it still looks fantastic and not nearly as dated.

So far, I don’t see any reason to worry about them ruining Returns 2.0.

At least I don’t plan on worrying about it up until Holidays ‘25 when it releases, I placed a PO and will see what happens when we see more of it down the road.

IMG_4681.jpeg

I'm not really digging the Returns 2.0 cowl. The first release was absolutely perfect. The only thing I actually want from 2.0 is the updated Bruce Wayne sculpt. I wonder how difficult it would be to find that parted out when this is released?

The 2.0 Wayne head needs to have sharper eyebrows, they’re too softly painted. He had crazy looking eyebrows that looked like bat’s wings.

Wait, this release will have a new cowl sculpt? Looks the same to me.
It looks to be ever so slightly different. A little sharper and stylised in the comparison video that was posted here the other day. Faceplate fit looked to be sitting in more. Texture could be less smooth too but that could be more from editing of the photo.

I agree the original was perfect and 2.0 could be a case of change for change sake not accuracy.

Does Wayne's head really rattle around inside that loose suit. Look how much room inside the torn cowl.
My partner has done '89 and Forever cosplays and you do have to put some padding inside the back of the cowl to get your face pressed forward in there to look right.

Hard to say for sure, but it looks like they might be using the same torn cowl mold from the original release, so maybe the original BW sculpt was a bit beefier, and filled out the cavity in the torn cowl a bit more?

1727815764424.png
1727815794547.png

The new cowl isn’t on a body in that shot, therefore neither the sculpt nor the cowl are sitting at their correct height.

In all of the prototype promo pics as well as the videos and pictures people took of it at the conventions, the cowl and mouth plates looks slightly off compared to 1.0. But I don't know if that' just because of the different camera focal lengths or if they made slight changes to the 1.0 sculpts. The two other mouth plates are unusable so if they did some new sculpting, it's ridiculous they just copied the same bad expressions from 1.0 outside of the neutral mouth.

hot toys batman returns 2.0 vs real vlcsnap-2024-09-20-11h40m26s700.jpg

hot toys batman returns 2.0 vs real vlcsnap-2024-09-23-15h58m29s849.jpg

hot toys batman returns 2.0 vs real vlcsnap-2024-09-23-15h58m57s714.jpg

Back