Hot Toys Age of Ultron: HULK Figure -MMS287

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry. failed to mention that, but I thought it was obvious :lol
if it was anything other than the MMS287 HULK (deluxe) why would I be posting it here?

I don't know, why would you change the color of a photo of a broken item? People do all kinds of things I wouldn't.

Last time I looked, the Hulk was green... So I was kinda wondering what figure that was also.

I don't know, why would you change the color of a photo of a broken item? People do all kinds of things I wouldn't.

yes. I used a filter on my phone.

through-out this thread this figure has been seen as olive green, green, dark green, neon green, yellow etc.
so, I guess by now we've established that the color of an object can change due to lighting conditions and used equipment?

now, due to the purple cloth on the backround of these photos, the green kinda fades out. makes it look more yellow. and that happens regardles of the filter I used.
to prevent this I would need to use flash or a green filter. flash I didn't want to use, as it would create shadow and make the joint less visible. however, it didn't strike me that the pics needed to be green in order to make my point across.

happy now? :dunno

Sorry to hear about your figure, hope that all gets straightened out.

However, some of the comments you have made to other members when they have asked you a question out of simply just trying to assist you have been a bit abrasive and snarky, which makes me wonder if this is just some sort of hoax? I don't think it is, but I can't help but merely wonder just based on your demeanor.

yes. I used a filter on my phone.

through-out this thread this figure has been seen as olive green, green, dark green, neon green, yellow etc.
so, I guess by now we've established that the color of an object can change due to lighting conditions and used equipment?

now, due to the purple cloth on the backround of these photos, the green kinda fades out. makes it look more yellow. and that happens regardles of the filter I used.
to prevent this I would need to use flash or a green filter. flash I didn't want to use, as it would create shadow and make the joint less visible. however, it didn't strike me that the pics needed to be green in order to make my point across.

happy now? :dunno

I asked a simple question, as I was unsure. Your the one that had to get snarky about bud. Yes, lighting makes a difference. And back ground color can make foreground appear washed out ect. But that wasn't the case with yours.

And I wasn't sure if it was the A1 hulk or the Aou hulk...or something else. I asked becuase I had an extra set of legs I was going to offer (for free) but I wanted to make sure it was the correct set. And given I couldn't tell which version it was becuase of your color change I thought I would ask.

Sorry to hear about your figure, hope that all gets straightened out.

However, some of the comments you have made to other members when they have asked you a question out of simply just trying to assist you have been a bit abrasive and snarky, which makes me wonder if this is just some sort of hoax? I don't think it is, but I can't help but merely wonder just based on your demeanor.

sorry about that, but I think that might be just a cultural thing?
it's just how we talk in Finland. after all I'm constantly translating my trail-of-thought from finnish to english here?

I admit I might of been a bit snarky about the comments on using the filter, but to me those comments felt kinda snarky and pointless.

I consider myself a long time member (even though I dont post that often anymore). I guess I might just be a bit annoyed about the situation. that's all. wasn't my meaning. sorry about that to everyone.
it's no hoax. I dont get what would even be the point?
I'm just waiting on the info about the return from the retailer.

I asked a simple question, as I was unsure. Your the one that had to get snarky about bud. Yes, lighting makes a difference. And back ground color can make foreground appear washed out ect. But that wasn't the case with yours.

And I wasn't sure if it was the A1 hulk or the Aou hulk...or something else. I asked becuase I had an extra set of legs I was going to offer (for free) but I wanted to make sure it was the correct set. And given I couldn't tell which version it was becuase of your color change I thought I would ask.

ya, that wasn't my meaning at all. sorry. guess I just felt frustrated? but I didn't mean to come off as I must of have...
can we still talk about the legs if you want?

ya, it would've broken in transit. there really shouldn't have been any weight on the leg inside the box? more likely someone broke it already at the factory and just tossed it in the box without giving a ****.

great minds think alike, already thought of replacing the screw, but I'd have to dissassemble the whole leg-joint and I'm a bit un-weary about it. if I tinker with it and it doesen't work, would prolly mean that HT would back down from a replament.

I've tried a similar fix on a 1/4 NECA predator and eventually it didn't hold.
it's tricky. would be a matter of knowing absolutely without-a-doubt what type of glue to use etc.
if you use the wrong one it just doesen't stick or might corrode the plastic. + there's always a chance you mess with articulation when you tinker with the joints.
if this was a normal HT-figure I would've already done it. they are easier to replace if something turns sour, but loose HULK parts are expensive or plain rare even on eBay.

and now I'm kinda starting to be in a mental place where I'm thinking that this thing should've been in pristine condition on arrival at this pricepoint?
but the thing that bothers me the most, is that I can't even back down from the deal without having to pay some expenses.

I hope it all works out for you, man. :duff

I hope it all works out for you, man. :duff
thanx. appreciated.
I'm positive it'll get straightened out. just a matter of how long it strecthes.
I've heard things with HT can take months.

was looking at it this morning and thought I might as-well take a few pics w/ a proper camera just to document it all.

the weird thing I noticed is that the white stuff in the middle, which what I thought was some-sorta adhesive compound, is completely loose inside the joint?
only thing holding it in place must be the end of the screw.
would be interesting to take it apart, just to get a look inside, but I dont think that's wise considering the replacement.

anyhow, just got the good word in that vader is due to arrive in time for christmas and now I'm off to see force awakens.
so, hopefully I'll get this thing out of my mind soon. may the force be with you...

thanx. appreciated.
I'm positive it'll get straightened out. just a matter of how long it strecthes.
I've heard things with HT can take months.

was looking at it this morning and thought I might as-well take a few pics w/ a proper camera just to document it all.

the weird thing I noticed is that the white stuff in the middle, which what I thought was some-sorta adhesive compound, is completely loose inside the joint?
only thing holding it in place must be the end of the screw.
would be interesting to take it apart, just to get a look inside, but I dont think that's wise considering the replacement.

anyhow, just got the good word in that vader is due to arrive in time for christmas and now I'm off to see force awakens.
so, hopefully I'll get this thing out of my mind soon. may the force be with you...

I think this white part is the actuall head of the screw (seemingly), the base, or fundament. but I don´t now why they did that.
The main problem of what happened here is that HT tried to actually "screw" that little bolt into the PLASTIC leg.
It works...kind of, but the same thing happens as with wood screws, which are steel, that get screwed into wood.
At first it eats itself inside, cutting itself kind of a thread, but if you wiggle it, or move it around to much it will eventually turn loose, get beat up, with crumbs all over the place.
Same now, but worse with plastic as in your case and other figures

So...with wood that´s a tough one, but with those hollow plastic limbs, they could´ve easily done an indentation to put a normal screw and head in, also the accompanying nut, WITH washer on the other side. Still plastic, light weight and poseable, but durable connection.

We´ve seen this repeated times on HT and Enterbay.
I dunno why they do it.

If it was that simple and easier it would be done. After nearly 20 years I am sure they know what they are doing

If it was that simple and easier it would be done. After nearly 20 years I am sure they know what they are doing

Because that´s why they went on cracky rubber again on ED 2.0, right?
Because pouring a solid NON-CRACKING piece of plastic, or even wire would´ve been so much more expensive and impossible to do, right?
So HT´s ways are always so clear to explain. "They know what to do, it prolly won´t be that easy."
:lol

They already DID an indentation inside the hip where this white head for the screw is in. Another indentation in the leg, or a downright hole where the leg could´ve been fasted from within and then clipped shut isn´t exactly rocket science.

Last edited:
I think this white part is the actuall head of the screw (seemingly), the base, or fundament. but I don´t now why they did that.
The main problem of what happened here is that HT tried to actually "screw" that little bolt into the PLASTIC leg.
It works...kind of, but the same thing happens as with wood screws, which are steel, that get screwed into wood.
At first it eats itself inside, cutting itself kind of a thread, but if you wiggle it, or move it around to much it will eventually turn loose, get beat up, with crumbs all over the place.
Same now, but worse with plastic as in your case and other figures

So...with wood that´s a tough one, but with those hollow plastic limbs, they could´ve easily done an indentation to put a normal screw and head in, also the accompanying nut, WITH washer on the other side. Still plastic, light weight and poseable, but durable connection.

We´ve seen this repeated times on HT and Enterbay.
I dunno why they do it.
ya, meant there's something holding the white stuff back from the otherside. so, I'd imagine a screwhead maybe?

I guess I just sorta thought the white stuff must be a base for the screw to go through, but I'd guess it would sorta be there to fill the square-hole as the screw tightens? but it's actually really loose? moving from side to side, almost like it had shrunken in the hole?
made me think of adhesive epoxy putty compound, 'cause to me it sorta looks like clay or plaster to the naked eye? something like chemical metal or such, because I can't imagine why it would be plaster or such.
I cant get my finger in there to touch it, but it also looks sorta crumbly? and not like average plastic.

I dunno what it is? or why they used it? or how it might-of broke?
but there really shouldn't be any wiggle-room in the box? to me that thing seems tightly packed.

but after seeing this I'd imagine mine wont be the last HULK to have this issue...

however I'd think that at this pricepoint they could've come up with a way to use metal in there to secure it wouldn't brake.
in-order to figure out how, I'd need to see inside it though...

ya, meant there's something holding the white stuff back from the otherside. so, I'd imagine a screwhead maybe?

I guess I just sorta thought the white stuff must be a base for the screw to go through, but I'd guess it would sorta be there to fill the square-hole as the screw tightens? but it's actually really loose? moving from side to side, almost like it had shrunken in the hole?
made me think of adhesive epoxy putty compound, 'cause to me it sorta looks like clay or plaster to the naked eye? something like chemical metal or such, because I can't imagine why it would be plaster or such.
I cant get my finger in there to touch it, but it also looks sorta crumbly? and not like average plastic.

I dunno what it is? or why they used it? or how it might-of broke?
but there really shouldn't be any wiggle-room in the box? to me that thing seems tightly packed.

but after seeing this I'd imagine mine wont be the last HULK to have this issue...

however I'd think that at this pricepoint they could've come up with a way to use metal in there to secure it wouldn't brake.
in-order to figure out how, I'd need to see inside it though...

I could imagine that being some sort of plastic too. Maybe some soft sort where the indentation is formed while fastening the screw, so that one´s temporarily fastened and during this it works itself into the accompanying part in the leg, which is just not made to get a temporary thread worked in.
Which in turn is why it´s getting so crumbly.

At that price point, they REALLY SHOULD´VE gone with a real bolt, washer, nut - fastening method.
Those piece are meant to last...

dang, the whole leg was held onto by a little screw? The figure is freaking heavy. It looks like a factory defect on that figure and someone missed the QC on it.

dang, the whole leg was held onto by a little screw? The figure is freaking heavy. It looks like a factory defect on that figure and someone missed the QC on it.
exactly my thoughts.
that or someone actually dropped it at the factory, thought it was a little loose but intact and put it in the box regardles.
but I'm guessing we've all had our little moments like "maybe nobody noticed?", "I hope this doesen't get tracked back to me.", "I just work here, man." or "**** it, I'm inna hurry." at somepoint in our daily lives/jobs...

It'll get fixed somehow. even if I need to buy a new set of legs.

does anyone have loose tread on hulk's pant?
DSC_0022.JPG

Back