Hot Toys Age of Ultron: HULK Figure -MMS287

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine came today too. QUITE big. I almost did a double take when my son and I freed him from his box. I can't believe how tiny my other avengers are next to him.

Mine came today too. QUITE big. I almost did a double take when my son and I freed him from his box. I can't believe how tiny my other avengers are next to him.

Hulk makes all the other figures feel like Barbie dolls

yep. got myself a real treat on the weekend...

straight outta-box felt something was fishy. the left leg just kinda dropped back as I lifted the figure out.
both legs felt kinda over-easy to move. thought wow, those are kind-of loose joints, but quickly realised it must be broken. it was basicly just the pants holding it together.

no point of trying to fix it myself and it probably wouldn't even hold.

and I'm not sure what's going on with the retailer. he's promised to forward it back to hot toys if I send it back.
but we are still a bit unclear as to how and what to actually send. if he wants the whole thing it'll cost me dearly.

w/ all the customs etc. this already cost me more than I bargained for. kinda bummed out here...

yep. got myself a real treat on the weekend...

straight outta-box felt something was fishy. the left leg just kinda dropped back as I lifted the figure out.
both legs felt kinda over-easy to move. thought wow, those are kind-of loose joints, but quickly realised it must be broken. it was basicly just the pants holding it together.

no point of trying to fix it myself and it probably wouldn't even hold.

and I'm not sure what's going on with the retailer. he's promised to forward it back to hot toys if I send it back.
but we are still a bit unclear as to how and what to actually send. if he wants the whole thing it'll cost me dearly.

w/ all the customs etc. this already cost me more than I bargained for. kinda bummed out here...

Holy ****!!!!!
:horror

Mine seemed a little loose too. Deffo gotta watch out on that...

Holy ****!!!!!
:horror

Mine seemed a little loose too. Deffo gotta watch out on that...

That's awful, sorry to hear about that, man. :duff

thanx for the sympathy guys. here's a close-up (crappy phone pic) of the damage.

kinda seems like the joints might be glued in the factory to begin with, but I doubt it'll hold if I try to fix it. gluing these things can be tricky and the leg has a bit of weight to it. probably wouldn't withstand any articulation movement later on?

oh, and the upper torso had the stain on the side too, which makes it feel like winning the lottery...
that was fairly easy to remove, but still. kinda takes the fun outta the hobby. doesen't it?

Why do you add filters to your photos :lol

That's pretty bad, but I don't think it's something glue can fix. Maybe someone with knowledge to deal with broken joints can help.

thanx for the sympathy guys. here's a close-up (crappy phone pic) of the damage.

kinda seems like the joints might be glued in the factory to begin with, but I doubt it'll hold if I try to fix it. gluing these things can be tricky and the leg has a bit of weight to it. probably wouldn't withstand any articulation movement later on?

oh, and the upper torso had the stain on the side too, which makes it feel like winning the lottery...
that was fairly easy to remove, but still. kinda takes the fun outta the hobby. doesen't it?

Absolutely does, no doubt in that.

Keeping us posted on the fix, will ya?
Best of luck, dude.
:1-1:

It looks like the screw did not hold and the weight of the leg was too much for just the glue. Try a slightly thicker, same size screw and super glue that piece again.

But it seems you might have to disassemble the whole upper leg.
Maybe try to pry it open from the top since the pants will cover it anyways.

But, if you are unsure, just don't do anything.

Why do you add filters to your photos :lol

'cause it takes me back to the magical era of the 80's.
why are you bothered by it? :smileyface

Absolutely does, no doubt in that.

Keeping us posted on the fix, will ya?
Best of luck, dude.
:1-1:

thanx. ATM I'm thinking I should just send it back and/or buy a second pair of legs just incase...

It looks like the screw did not hold and the weight of the leg was too much for just the glue. Try a slightly thicker, same size screw and super glue that piece again.

But it seems you might have to disassemble the whole upper leg.
Maybe try to pry it open from the top since the pants will cover it anyways.

But, if you are unsure, just don't do anything.

ya, it would've broken in transit. there really shouldn't have been any weight on the leg inside the box? more likely someone broke it already at the factory and just tossed it in the box without giving a ****.

great minds think alike, already thought of replacing the screw, but I'd have to dissassemble the whole leg-joint and I'm a bit un-weary about it. if I tinker with it and it doesen't work, would prolly mean that HT would back down from a replament.

I've tried a similar fix on a 1/4 NECA predator and eventually it didn't hold.
it's tricky. would be a matter of knowing absolutely without-a-doubt what type of glue to use etc.
if you use the wrong one it just doesen't stick or might corrode the plastic. + there's always a chance you mess with articulation when you tinker with the joints.
if this was a normal HT-figure I would've already done it. they are easier to replace if something turns sour, but loose HULK parts are expensive or plain rare even on eBay.

and now I'm kinda starting to be in a mental place where I'm thinking that this thing should've been in pristine condition on arrival at this pricepoint?
but the thing that bothers me the most, is that I can't even back down from the deal without having to pay some expenses.

Back