Hot Toys and Sideshow Bodies: A Comparative Review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah Mace's head is more proportionate, so are the dead figures I have and SDCC Freddy. So Sideshow does get the head size right from time to time. Unfortunately, it's the exception rather than the rule.

Last edited:
EVILFACE said:
One thing that SS body parts beat all the other companies are the hands. SS hands are very detailed and no other mass production company makes any that compare.

Yeah I guess if you like oversized detailed gorilla hands, then youre all set pal.

nash said:
Yeah I guess if you like oversized detailed gorilla hands, then youre all set pal.

dammit I already said that!! how come I always get ignored around here>>!>?!? only time someone replies is when I have intel on something... -_-

hahahha

snakebeater said:
dammit I already said that!! how come I always get ignored around here>>!>?!? only time someone replies is when I have intel on something... -_-

hahahha

sorry bro i didnt bother reading through the whole thread haha. But it's true isnt it? great minds think alike.

KamenGuyver said:
No body mentioned, but I think Medicom's human hands are very well sculpted.

Oh but Howie, of course any compliments towards Medicom is forbidden on this forum. :lol

Medicom!!!!!!!!!!

monkey-face.jpg

decadentdave said:
Great, it's only a matter of time before Tendou and his posse jump in. :elefant

nope, I think you mean it's a matter of time before evilface and anakin join hand in hand to get to the medicom nut bashing. :lol

Maybe it's my lack of experience with 1/6th scale figs but really I don't have any problems with SS bodies. They pretty much can meet all the posing options I want and the ones they don't I think it's more my lack of ability to get them where I want. The other bodies look nice but unless they can be made and keep SS in the same price market they are now I don't really care for any so called upgrade. The head and hands issue I really don't see at least on the last several. Luke had this issue some IMO but I haven't seen it on the rest. They all look normal when holding the lighstabers at least to my eyes.

Hi Josh,

While many poses can be achieved with the Sideshow body, there are some natural positions that are impossible. One such pose is raising the hand to the head. Neither of the two stances shown below are feasible with the current Sideshow body.

img56216001wr6.jpg

JustinLuck said:
Hi Josh,

While many poses can be achieved with the Sideshow body, there are some natural positions that are impossible. One such pose is raising the hand to the head. Neither of the two stances shown below are feasible with the current Sideshow body.

img56216001wr6.jpg
Is that white collar shirt from Toy Presidents, or did it come from Elvis's wardrobe. :eek:
But I'm glad you're enjoying the bods you bought.

screamingmetal said:
Is that white collar shirt from Toy Presidents, or did it come from Elvis's wardrobe. :eek:
But I'm glad you're enjoying the bods you bought.

it's still better then any clothing sideshow produced... trust me.. haha I have one of them... they're nice as you can fold it perfectly over the tie.... without looking like crap.

snakebeater said:
nope, I think you mean it's a matter of time before evilface and anakin join hand in hand to get to the medicom nut bashing. :lol
I don't know, or care to bash Medicoms nuts, but someone ought to stop beating their snake.

Nothing personal, but the name begs for it.

Good onya Snake :lol and by the way, that someone is me. :lol I can only truly vouch for myself on this, despite publications stating everyone with one does it.

Back