Hot Toys and Sideshow Bodies: A Comparative Review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bluesparrow said:
I used my caucasian body on Han(still need to mod his hands) and the Asian on Luke. The asian one fits best with most Sideshow figures, they made the caucasian one *really* pale.
I wish I knew this before I bought 3 caucasians. I never knew how dark the SSC body really was. Anyways, this beats the living snot out of the Art Buck body. Really I think the Art Buck is at the bottom of the barrel in the 1/6 collectible department. Also, the caucasian almost looks like Christian Bale.

abake said:
That looks quite good.
But the SST sculpted/painted hands are a big plus for them... still, I might look into getting one of those bodies to try it on Luke. Amazingly, he still has the watermelon syndrome head.
luuke.jpg

Wow luke actually looks good now. gonna grab a body.need more SW on HT body pics.

Like a mix between the two. It's their love child.:monkey5 Anyways, how did you guys get the [Luke & Han] boots on? Having such a hard time with that that I just took the feet off. Also no worries about the jacket on Han, the sleeves go to about half the hand and don't go past the wrist at all when posing.. His clothes seem to fit better than Luke's in the shoulder area.

KamenGuyver said:
No body mentioned, but I think Medicom's human hands are very well sculpted.

I will agree with that I do wish they would improve the wrist joint... it looks the same now as it did in the mid-90's. Good movement, but not aesthetically pleasing. They could also use a coat of paint to make them a bit more realistic looking.

Same with the neck joint on human figures... I like the ball joint at the base of the skull, but having that straight line just below the jaw (instead of following the jaw and hairline) looks awkward on figures with exposed necks.

EVILFACE said:
It does look good. Are those Hans boots?

Yes, they are. I recall someone mentioning when Han came out that Han should have matte boots and Luke shiny, and that Sideshow might've compensated for Luke's matte boots by giving Han the shiny ones. I agreed, and switched. Han has Luke's boots.

Sachiel, the boots were a GIANT pain to get on. I just boiled them for a lot longer than normal(2 minutes), and they became soft enough to slide on.

bluesparrow said:
Yes, they are. I recall someone mentioning when Han came out that Han should have matte boots and Luke shiny, and that Sideshow might've compensated for Luke's matte boots by giving Han the shiny ones. I agreed, and switched. Han has Luke's boots.

Sachiel, the boots were a GIANT pain to get on. I just boiled them for a lot longer than normal(2 minutes), and they became soft enough to slide on.

Yeah I had Luke using Han's boots too. Made me laugh because yes, those damn boots are hard to get on! I haven't tried the boiling trick. Hair dryer wasn't good enough, so I ended up using baby powder. LOL

screamingmetal said:
Is that white collar shirt from Toy Presidents, or did it come from Elvis's wardrobe. :eek:

:lol LOL True, but at least it's better than Sideshow's offering. If you know of a place that sells higher quality 1/6 civilian clothing, I'm all ears. :)

OK, I'll try boiling. I did use hot hot water but the foot got stuck in the boot! There is a thing I don't like about this body and that's the neck adapter for the SSC type heads. It leaves a gap. It's a problem on Han who has his collar open.

There's many things I dont like about this body.

Hey is it easy to stick a SS head on this body then? I'm thinkin of doin it with my maul since i already know i'm not gonna be able to pose him like how i wanna, and i think maul deserves a better body.

Are you really sure you want to put Maul on a taller body? He'll look like he grew about a foot.

Yes.Scale is not a huge issue for me.But i only want to do it if it's easy.And the trade off would be well worth it IMO pose wise.

Vice from what I understand, it is easy to put a SS head on the Gen Life body. You may need to put a little glue at the connection of head and peg but there shouldn't be any problems. And if you end up doing this post some cool pics of Maul.:D

Yes but if you use glue you won't be able to turn the head correct?(i dunno if i like that)

Seth Gecko said:
Yes but if you use glue you won't be able to turn the head correct?(i dunno if i like that)

if you look at it logically, you'll see that it has two joints seth... one to connect the head, and another one inside the torso... so I think it'll be able to retain it's articulation... turning wise.

anyways hows those south park figures going man??/ I always wanted some.

Back