Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
in the pictures the outatime plates dont look like decals, it looks raised. since this is supposed to be the car at the end of the film, its not really meant to have the plate on it anyway.

with regards to some assembly required.... meh. i'd rather that than it get damaged in transit
It looks to be very minimal assembly. I'm sure they put some of the more fragile pieces separate from the main vehicle so they don't break during shipping. Also the license plates look like they might just be mini replicas or something. Way too big to go on the actual vehicle

it's garbage now? lol. i swear some of the peeps on here are beyond excessive and dramatic. like seriously.

Why couldn't they sculpt the license plate (which could then be removable) and have those gauges painted on like the '89 Batmobile? Seems kind of tacky for the price to me. Like something you would see on a Lego set. The Robocop with chair I got had the monitor sticker labels you had to apply and I thought that was cheap too. I dunno.

As for that video a couple of posts back, while I agree with them about voting with your dollars, I think it was kind of lame and inappropriate on Hot Toys' part to show off the BTTF II Delorean and the BTTFII Marty. If they had plans for that, they should have waited until Marty and this Delorean were in collector's hands. Then you wouldn't have people dropping out (understandably) and waiting for the second one. It's like Hot Toys sabatoged their own line.

They should have started with Marty, then this Delorean, then Doc. Once BTTF was used to test the waters, then they should have started teasing BTTFII variations. If this line fails and ends with a only a few items, it's Hot Toys' fault for the way they went about it. I don't blame people for waiting for the BTTFII version, especially when it's features could possibly be superior to this one. They really shot themselves in the foot. Not only has that 2015 Marty teaser come and gone, but there's still no sign of a single Doc. I don't know what the **** they think they're doing. Last year was the perfect and most appropriate time to get the ball rolling on this stuff.

It doesn't look like that many stickers on that sheet. Looks like three with extras of each so I don't think they're having you do a bunch of work.

I have always hated stickers cause sometimes you only get 1 chance to align it correctly and with time they usually just peel off on it's own. This $689 vehicle needed photoetch (thin metal sheets) that's a superior product in place of stickers and glues on for a permanent lifetime adhesion. Stickers is what you get from a Hasbro/Kenner toy.

1933151_10153103721846065_3822555791632257331_o.jpg
12471481_10153103722131065_4726177862607908991_o.jpg

License plate stickers? On a nigh-$700 collectible BEFORE shipping? Good grief. :slap

I'm not saying that the Sunstar 1/18 is better - my brother had the flying version and the damn fold-out wheels broke with very minimal effort - but at least it came with the lightning rod hook.

20140111_211825.jpg

License plate decals? Seriously hot toys I expect that on the 1/18 scale models i collect but not a 700 dollar model car. This whole delorean by hot toys is turning out to be a major disappointment .

Let me just put this into perspective here. I did not have to apply one decal or sticker to my daughters frozen power wheel I got her fro Christmas....

Let me just put this into perspective here. I did not have to apply one decal or sticker to my daughters frozen power wheel I got her fro Christmas....

Thats true the only difference with hot toys delorean is basically your paying for is a nicer piece of plastic with a few leds thrown in.

I'd like to see someone who actually has the delorean come in and say yes you have to apply the stickers on it or show us a picture of the license plate before the sticker is applied.

If that's the case I still wouldn't care. You guys where whining that you wanted it to include some sort of kit to change parts from Part 1 and Part 2 well there you go now you can change the license plate to the 2015 version if it really is a sticker.

Back