Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The DeLorean is a bit disappointing but overall its not that bad! It still looks great! I will take one too.

So much lost potential.....

925820_958503674185225_1318862872_n.jpg

I'M Buying video was kinda PBS TELETHONISH LOL.:lol

We here at sideshow freaks know u LOVE the BAck to THE FUTURE line. We NEED your continued donation's to support millions of deloreans left out in the COLD this winter. Please help with only 79 dolllars a month u can save that delorean to a GREAT FAN'S HOME where it will be loved n fed plutonium everday. So please think of ALL the fan's out there that are desperatly saving for Delorean flying version, with out YOU buying the 1st delorean might not even get made. So just save 2 dollars n 60 cents a day a monthly donation of only 79 dollars a month to save these endangered deloreans. Please act NOW and recieve a tote bag and bttf beer can cozy CALL NOW and make a Differnce today in the Timeline.:lol

ha ha only 2 more payments 4 my poor homeless delorean cant wait.:lol:impatient:

Last edited:
Yeah, that's what happened to 1966 TV Batmobile cause the sales for the figures were so bad they scratched the project for the car. The way this car appears now it is 1 step higher than a cheap hasbro/kenner vehicle with no lights/sounds but a huge sticker price.
That's a bit ridiculous to say it's only a step above something like Hasbro or Kenner would put out. All in all its still a really nice piece but I do agree is lacking some of the finer details (mainly little things on the interior from what I can tell). It is a tad disappointing but I'm not sure it warrants a cancellation. I never ordered yet mainly due to funds and being unsure where I'll put it but from what I've seen I still think it's worth having.

I know it comes down to design but isn't this already much more detailed than either the Tumbler or Batmobile? Maybe HT decided to cut its losses. Pro - maybe this will stick around long enough to be hugely discounted. Con - forget about a flying DeLorean.
This is a good point. The DeLorean does have a lot more detailing on it than any other vehicle Hot Toys have put out to date. The Batmobile and Tumbler don't have near the amount of gadgets and whatnot actually sculpted inside that this does. For the most part they just have instrument panels inside that are backlit. It still doesn't excuse some of the missed details on the DeLorean but the fact that it is as detailed as it is impresses me. I wish some things were better but still overall a very nice piece.

Hot toys buried themselves on this one. If they wouldn't have shown the part 2 prototype, alot of us would not have cancelled our pre orders. That to me just didn't make any sense at all.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Personally I guess I don't really see a need for the second version. Really aside from Mr. Fusion it's not very different. The flying mode is cool but I don't know that I'd actually want to display it that way for fear of it getting knocked off its stand or something. I'd actually rather see the third version with the 1950's time circuits on the hood and whitewall tires.

What should have been done in my opinion is an all encompassing version with interchangeable parts. Would have made the most sense even though it may have been more expensive.

No cancellation here, Feb can't come quickly enough. To me the original Delorean is by far the most iconic. There is certainly a cool factor with the Delorean 2 (cool, flying car!), but the original clicks all the right nostalgia buttons.

The one miss in my mind is the omission of the lightning hook. I really want to display it driving up to a wire stretched across my display case! Luckily however a hook on a post will probably be a pretty easy custom... Having the time circuits not light up is also a minor letdown, but there are so many other lights (including the flux capacitor --- awesome), I'll see it in hand before I punch a hole behind the panel to light it up.

Just a thought if you're on the fence because of these missing accessories / features. If you're waiting for the hover conversion, that's beyond my modding capabilities. Showing the Delorean 2 was a bonehead move on HT's part. It's like listing iPhone 8 specs while folks are preordering the 7.

But at least they have one more sale (two, because I got Marty too) to let HT know that BttF is still relevant.

Hot toys buried themselves on this one. If they wouldn't have shown the part 2 prototype, alot of us would not have cancelled our pre orders. That to me just didn't make any sense at all.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Showing us that Delorean 2 is Hot Toys way of showing their total arrogance and kind of saying, we give you Delorean 1, 2 and 3 and all you BTTF lovers will still buy it all regardless of the cost.

I've always liked the part II more so I'll be holding out for that version. I actually got to stand next to the car and look it over last week at Universal. Something I've been wanting to do since I was 10 years old. To bad I missed out on the BTTF ride by 8 years.

In the gift shop there they had what looked like a 1/12 scale Delorean in a case but none for sale, does anyone know if any company has ever made one in 1/12 scale before?

In the gift shop there they had what looked like a 1/12 scale Delorean in a case but none for sale, does anyone know if any company has ever made one in 1/12 scale before?

No 1/12 versions, but there is a 1/15 one. Might have been that one you saw.

Back to The Future 1 15 DeLorean Time Machine Car Michael Fox Lloyd Zemeckis | eBay

Showing us that Delorean 2 is Hot Toys way of showing their total arrogance and kind of saying, we give you Delorean 1, 2 and 3 and all you BTTF lovers will still buy it all regardless of the cost.

No-one is holding a gun to your parent's head demanding you buy it.
But it.
Or don't.
No-one at HT even knows you exist, much less showing arrogance towards you, lol.

No 1/12 versions, but there is a 1/15 one. Might have been that one you saw.

Back to The Future 1 15 DeLorean Time Machine Car Michael Fox Lloyd Zemeckis | eBay

I have all three of those - they are fantastic. Those are the same ones - As I wanted them at the time, but bought from Ebay when I got home.

No-one is holding a gun to your parent's head demanding you buy it.
But it.
Or don't.
No-one at HT even knows you exist, much less showing arrogance towards you, lol.

:exactly:

I'm gladly taking one for the team can't wait for my MK1 Delorean

i agree! i'm excited for mine as well! for me at least , the lights will be off %99.9 of the time, so in all honesty, i could care less if the time circuits were lit or not. in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't hinder my appreciation for it. granted, if it was included in the first place would have been a great positive, but you know, at the end of the day, this thing is still a remarkable accomplishment.

I have all three of those - they are fantastic. Those are the same ones - As I wanted them at the time, but bought from Ebay when I got home.

There is actually 4, soon to be 5 (if its not already released) of the 1/15th scale diamond select ones.

There will be 2 part 1 deloreans (one is frosted representing the car after its first trip through time),
a part 2 hover one and
2 part 3 versions. One with the 50's wheels and one with train track wheels.

There is actually 4, soon to be 5 (if its not already released) of the 1/15th scale diamond select ones.

There will be 2 part 1 deloreans (one is frosted representing the car after its first trip through time),
a part 2 hover one and
2 part 3 versions. One with the 50's wheels and one with train track wheels.

I actually prefer the 1/24 (I think) diecast ones I have. I think they had those at universal too.

I really see this being the only 1/6 Delorean being released outside of maybe the p2 version. With that being said I want a car to go with my Marty and I'm still stoked about my choice to preorder. I see the circuits not lighting up, the A frame, and some missing cables being minor. The lack of the lightning rod probably is that biggest miss imo.

Either way I can't wait to get this and add my personal touches.

I really see this being the only 1/6 Delorean being released outside of maybe the p2 version. With that being said I want a car to go with my Marty and I'm still stoked about my choice to preorder. I see the circuits not lighting up, the A frame, and some missing cables being minor. The lack of the lightning rod probably is that biggest miss imo.

Either way I can't wait to get this and add my personal touches.

You know about the rod interest thread though, right?

Back