Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
658856cb1ff6185a8cb95940de9c8749.jpg
. Worth the 30 bucks.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

So is the DeLorean from BTTF2 definitely on the way? We saw the prototype ages ago but months after the figures went up for pre-order still no sign of the car. I assumed it would be released around the same time as those, summer 2017 but that seems unlikely now.

I only have the space to display one 1/6 scale car and this is the one I really want.

So is the DeLorean from BTTF2 definitely on the way? We saw the prototype ages ago but months after the figures went up for pre-order still no sign of the car. I assumed it would be released around the same time as those, summer 2017 but that seems unlikely now.

I only have the space to display one 1/6 scale car and this is the one I really want.

I don't think HT have said the BTTF2 car will go into production yet? I have no room for it either but would probably still get it & hang onto the first car.

I don't think HT have said the BTTF2 car will go into production yet? I have no room for it either but would probably still get it & hang onto the first car.

Ideally I want the BTTF2 car but I'll get the original version if that ends up as the only version produced. Wonder how long long before we find out if and when it will be released.

Thats hot toys for ya...always with the teasing, but seriously i only have room for 2 1/6th scale vehicles already have the death race 1/6th scale taowan mustang and the second will be the HT delorean or blitzway ecto 1(depending how it turns out of course). I'm seriously torn between ecto 1 and the delorean from bttf2 as both as so iconic. Might be slightly swinging towards ecto 1 even though the delorean has all those light up features...

Thats hot toys for ya...always with the teasing, but seriously i only have room for 2 1/6th scale vehicles already have the death race 1/6th scale taowan mustang and the second will be the HT delorean or blitzway ecto 1(depending how it turns out of course). I'm seriously torn between ecto 1 and the delorean from bttf2 as both as so iconic. Might be slightly swinging towards ecto 1 even though the delorean has all those light up features...

The Ecto 1 will have some pretty cool lighting on it to I assume. Just wish Hot Toys would give some confirmation on the BTTF2 DeLorean, even its two years away just tell us if its going into production or not. If its not released I can get the version from the first movie or maybe think about the Ecto 1 :gah:

I have the part1 version so i cant complain. If HT release the part2 version, happy days and i will get that one. I wonder if they are waiting to see how the sales of marty and doc will do first. Im hoping that the delay is them making this version better than the part1 version, meaning a more detailed interior with light up time circuits or they are making the wheels in flight mode more accurate. You never know with HT sadly, but i bet im wrong. I dont expect the interior to be any different really or the wheels improved.

I suspect the delay is more to them concentrating on their big seller lines like marvel and dc. The first car sold really well, they have all the moldings etc so it wont cost as much to produce. I would expect it to go into production at some point. The question is when?

I have the part1 version so i cant complain. If HT release the part2 version, happy days and i will get that one. I wonder if they are waiting to see how the sales of marty and doc will do first. Im hoping that the delay is them making this version better than the part1 version, meaning a more detailed interior with light up time circuits or they are making the wheels in flight mode more accurate. You never know with HT sadly, but i bet im wrong. I dont expect the interior to be any different really or the wheels improved.

I suspect the delay is more to them concentrating on their big seller lines like marvel and dc. The first car sold really well, they have all the moldings etc so it wont cost as much to produce. I would expect it to go into production at some point. The question is when?

I just thought once we saw the car at the conventions with the new figures it was going up for pre-order very soon. Like you say the first one sold well so they'd be crazy not to cash in on the demand for a second one. I'd be more than happy with the part 1 version but I don't want to get that and then find out two weeks later the part 2 version up for pre-order. As usual its a waiting game :impatient:

I have the usb car charger which looks to be the same only bigger and not a keyring. I may get one. I do have those mini flux capacitors too which are 1/10th scale i think. Those are freaking awesome

20151018_135844.jpg
20160410_150514.jpg

I just thought once we saw the car at the conventions with the new figures it was going up for pre-order very soon. Like you say the first one sold well so they'd be crazy not to cash in on the demand for a second one. I'd be more than happy with the part 1 version but I don't want to get that and then find out two weeks later the part 2 version up for pre-order. As usual its a waiting game :impatient:

Yeah. Im surprised it hasnt gone up for PO yet considering the part2 version is what the majority wanted in the first place. I do wonder if the PO sales of marty and doc have anything to do with it? Ive seen many people say they arent pre ordering them till they see some better sculpt pics. Personally i think they are pretty good and could be the only doc we get so it was an instant PO for me. It may not be pefect but its a better likness to doc than the 1st release marty was and that sold very well.

Yeah. Im surprised it hasnt gone up for PO yet considering the part2 version is what the majority wanted in the first place. I do wonder if the PO sales of marty and doc have anything to do with it? Ive seen many people say they arent pre ordering them till they see some better sculpt pics. Personally i think they are pretty good and could be the only doc we get so it was an instant PO for me. It may not be pefect but its a better likness to doc than the 1st release marty was and that sold very well.

Same, I pre-ordered as soon as they went up. The accessories look amazing to, can't wait to get these figures in my collection. The Doc sculpt doesn't look too bad to me but I can see it still needs work...I thought Hot Toys had confirmed it will be reworked anyway so really not worried. Being a fan of all three movies I'd buy a lot more BTTF stuff if they made it. Fingers crossed.

Most of my small collection is superhero figures, excluding Terminator and Robocop. BTTF2 and Ghostbusters can't come soon enough. Hot Toys need to add more variety instead of endless Iron Man figures.

I was ok with the doc sculpt. The new version looks much better but both always looked like chris lloyd to me.

Personally, im out of the 1/6th game now and im only getting the bttf line as im a huge geek for bttf and anything delorean related.

c12560d5463decefbe4946b6cac54ac5.jpeg

I can't think of any. A younger guy that works at my plant is probably the biggest BTTF fan I've ever met and knew everything about the franchise. He begged me to bring the DeLorean in to work one day, which I was hesitant to do, but did so anyway.

He immediately pointed out the inaccurate portions of the car, but said they didn't matter because it was so fantastic overall. Well worth getting if you can float the cash.

the only negatives (to sum up this thread) are inaccuracies, lack of detailing inside, stickers and time circuits not lighting up. its still a glorious piece and a must for any BTTF or delorean fan. if you look through this thread https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/general-collectibles-action-figures/165970-hot-toys-delorean-mod-ideas-resources.html you will see how a few very simple mods can make the car really "flux" with some style. if you dont fancy doing any of that just get some goodyear decals, they improve the look of the car considerably on there own

Thanks for the info boys! Mine showed up about a week ago but I've been too busy to even open it yet.

Is everyone getting the decals from Hunterdnc?

So Marty had a little trouble getting the time machine started so a friend came to the rescue.
DSC06556.jpg

DSC06560.jpg

1d44f5100c772f1eb9f340602d54819d.jpg
56f42c9fdb775c0d4ffc5c574cf86895.jpg
e11530880cad0ae56d11f375eebe0f06.jpg
. This is my setup so far. Thanks again sirdoctor for sending me out the paperwork. Looks fantastic!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Back