Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now officially available for France:
https://www.eaglemoss.com/fr-fr/maquettes/construire-votre-delorean-de-retour-vers-le-futur-1/

Is it possible to start an Eaglemoss DeLorean thread? Sirdoctor?

I guess so. I have now started an eaglemoss thread. not sure if its in the correct part of the forum but at least there is now a thread for it.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/general-collectibles-statues-props-etc-/176824-eaglemoss-1-8th-scale-build-delorean-partwork-magazine.html

Finally got a case over it. Survived two cats for about 6 months ;)

Delorean_Display01.jpg

Damn you! Now they can't travel back in time and continue investing in Kitty Litter stocks!

anyone know if the 2nd one coming out?

Thats the 1 million dollar question really isn't it?. They teased it at comic con 2015 and 2016 but have had no update since. Much like the BVS Batmobile that was recently displayed at Tokyo Comic Con i'll believe it when i see the pre-order go up.

Their vehicle tease/release track record indeed sucks but based on nothing but a hunch I think the part 2 version will go up for preorder when the figures release later 2017. Part 2 car is easy money for HT with most of the hard work already done. Expect a long wait and a scary price tag.

Their vehicle tease/release track record indeed sucks but based on nothing but a hunch I think the part 2 version will go up for preorder when the figures release later 2017. Part 2 car is easy money for HT with most of the hard work already done. Expect a long wait and a scary price tag.

I expect the PO will happen if sales of the figures is good. All ive seen is people moan they arent POing Doc cos he looks nothing like him, so it doesnt look hopeful for the car to happen

Seems to be the same argument the 66 Batmobile is facing. Figure sales were slow with them eventually hitting the bargain bin before selling out. Many speculated reasons were made for no 66 Batmobile, but ya can't help but think it has something to do with poor/slow figure sales.

Seems to be the same argument the 66 Batmobile is facing. Figure sales were slow with them eventually hitting the bargain bin before selling out. Many speculated reasons were made for no 66 Batmobile, but ya can't help but think it has something to do with poor/slow figure sales.

But in fairness i think the Back to the Future franchise is a lot more popular then the 66 Batman series.

No argument from me. Just my perspective as to what could contribute to a possible no-show of the Flying D. Examples exist of this pattern; 66 Batmobile being the one that comes to mind.

Theres a higher chance the flying delorean could happen more than the 66 batmobile ever had as all the tooling etc exists and therefore would be a bigger profit margin than before (even more so as it will be at least $100 more expensive too). I still think it hinders on the sales of marty and doc though

Also, as I pointed out earlier - when I took the DeLorean apart, there's all the fixings in place for the hover conversion - lights etc, and the folding wheels are easy to do. So, it's not a leap to do the hover version. Like sirdoctor points out too, all the tooling is done. They clearly built the first with the second one in mind.

I wonder what their return rate was like with all the scratched paintwork etc. Mine has a few tiny parts that they touched up with silver paint at the factory. I guess it really depends on what the profit and loss was like on the first version.

Do you guys think this clicking door mechanism will stand the test of time being up for very long periods of time? I feel like if I left it up permanently, it would sag eventually. The real DeLorean did this, but it was hydraulic I believe.

No i dont think it will cos of the way its designed. My door has been up since i got it when it released and is still up now.

On the real car there is a torsion bar that takes the weight of the door and a simple gas strut is what keeps the door up. When the door starts to droop, replace the strut and it will stay up

Back