Hot Toys Bane Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll definitely get this version even if HT does do a DX or a V2 version. At least then you can have numerous posing and outfit options similar to what the Joker has :lecture :D

I'll definitely get this version even if HT does do a DX or a V2 version. At least then you can have numerous posing and outfit options similar to what the Joker has :lecture :D

justified.jpg

he's just not "cool" as a figure as is in my opinon. He really needs to kick ass in the movie for me to get excited about this. Otherwise I'm ok waiting for gohastings. And frankly, I'm a big fan of the 300 pound 'roid head with lucha libre mask and tubes. This guys looks a little too thin for me.

he's just not "cool" as a figure as is in my opinon. He really needs to kick ass in the movie for me to get excited about this. Otherwise I'm ok waiting for gohastings. And frankly, I'm a big fan of the 300 pound 'roid head with lucha libre mask and tubes. This guys looks a little too thin for me.

I'm really afraid to know what you do on Friday nights.....

FYI Nolan doesn't design the costumes. He directs and writes scripts (production too, I think?).

For example, the batstuit (both movies) was designed by Lindy Hemming.

FYI Nolan doesn't design the costumes. He directs and writes scripts (production too, I think?).

For example, the batstuit (both movies) was designed by Lindy Hemming.

Are you serious?

Nolan guides the costume designers by giving them his vision. He has to approve of EVERY fine detail, all of which are brought to him.

This is a man who is very clear and specific about his vision. Nolan has just as much responsibility for "designing" the costumes as Hemming does - though she's the expert as far as physically "creating" and sourcing the costumes.

Re: Hot Toys Bane

Does it look like something is in his left hand? Perhaps a radio? Detonator?

Do you mean "his" left or the one on the left side?

I thought he was holding something in "his" right hand (our left), like it was a pen at first, but upon closer inspection, it's just an overlay of some of the black "ink" from that blobby explosion to the left - he's not really holding anything.

I think his other hand is empty. It's curled, and the darkness of the image makes it look like maybe there's something, but I think it's empty.

Based on Hot Toys past and current practices you should not buy this on any kind of pre-order....How are you enjoying your V1 Joker?

Anyone who bought the v1 Joker (or TDK v1) at retail price was easily able to sell it, at a profit, after the v2's were announced - and in most cases, even after the v2s were released.

If you're worried about a v2 making your figure obsolete, then don't - as long as you paid no more than retail, and took good care of your figure, you should be fine, as you'll always be able to at least get your money back, if not more.

Or, you can buy it from Gohastings or Ebay for 50% off a few months after release.

This is a strong point, but it has nothing to do with Hot Toys policy or re-releases specifically. I have found that pre-ordering these figures is generally nonsensical. When they release, they don't sell out for at least a few months, during which they can be found at least as low as the pre-order price was.

But you often find special deals or coupons for on-line retailers during that time, meaning you can get the figure for LESS than the pre-order price if you have the patience to wait a few months. I got DX01 and DX02 that way, and I wish I had been smart enough to do the same for Scarecrow and Bat-Demon.

You can bet that I'll not be pre-ordering DX08 and DX09 (the Keaton and Nicholson figures), because I'll probably find a good on-line deal in the months after its release. And if not? I'll still be able to get them for retail, so I'll have lost nothing.

Im very curious to see how they are going to make the body. I hope they make a new body specifically for bane.

We should see full pics soon. Im guessing by next week or so.

Are you serious?

Nolan guides the costume designers by giving them his vision. He has to approve of EVERY fine detail, all of which are brought to him.

This is a man who is very clear and specific about his vision. Nolan has just as much responsibility for "designing" the costumes as Hemming does - though she's the expert as far as physically "creating" and sourcing the costumes.

While he may have gave direction to the overall vision for the costume, she did most of the R&D and fine details. She wasn't just a tool.

But of course, in the real world, everyone works within a group. Someone leads each department. She is credited in this department.

I'll probably try to pick it up, because, as Haytil said, you can generally get at least what you paid for it, as long as you didn't go over MSRP, but I kinda wish they'd let us see the DX 2.0 Joker, but the way HT has Bat-Fever lately, I wouldn't be surprised to see that in the next few weeks as well.

I'm not sure, but isn't there supposed to be 'drug Venom' pumped up version of Bane? They didn't show that yet.
I think this is regular version and there might be bigger, more bad-Arse, muscled up version planned after the movie release??
The trailer doesn't show much, so I'm just guessing based on comic book story/script.
Just the 'fact that they are releasing this before the movie' makes me wonder even more...

only my guess thou..

Naaa this bane wont be using venom. Chris loves realisim, and so I think the mask gives bane adrenaline so that he wont feel pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back