Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it is since it not only appeals to Batman fans and fans of the TV show, but car and movie vehicle collectors as well. I think there are more people interested in collecting the vehicle than dolls of the actors, at least...

Good point, I never thought of it like that.

Article said "Other" batman vehicles. Nothing was mentioned specifically of the 1966 version or previously announced vehicles.

I think we got duped by Hot Toys. Why put an iconic car like this 1 on SDCC 2012 if now they probably won't make it. The people were more interested in the car rather than the figures. I mean it's good to have both, but the car would've sold out more quickly than the figures. Sideshow now has Batman on waitlist and they still have Robin available. I got a question for you guys. What's more iconic, the 1966 Batmobile or the Back To the Future Delorean?

I think that may depend on your age. When you were exposed to each vs. when you were most impressionable to such things.

That said, I own a Delorean... But I can't wait for this 66 batmobile to go up for sale!

I contend that when they got to actual manufacturing, that super gloss paint job was way more expensive - and way more prone to quality issues - than they anticipated, and that's what's caused the real issue.

The red stripes on the black gloss alone would be nuts in production I'm sure. I don't see how you'd avoid some bleeds.

The red stripes on the black gloss alone would be nuts in production I'm sure. I don't see how you'd avoid some bleeds.

Just a matter of letting paint dry properly and using correct tape to mask car to paint stripes. Not super difficult if you use proper tape and let it cure before you remove it.

I think that may depend on your age. When you were exposed to each vs. when you were most impressionable to such things.

That said, I own a Delorean... But I can't wait for this 66 batmobile to go up for sale!

1966 Batmobile for me more and others I am sure iconic because it appeals to comic fans and hot rod fans like me who are both. Delorean less iconic because they used the disaster in sales Delorean. Car guys always remember the Delorean as one of the top car production and sales failures from the 80's and anyone who is a car lover or comic lover will say the Barris Batmobile is just plain bad ass cool. Can not go wrong with black and red either. BTW, Dlorean is my 2nd most iconic car after 66 batmobile and then following 3rd 89 Batmobile. HOT TOYS BETTER MAKE IT!! Then watch all the 66 bats and robins get bought. I bought an extra set for around 250.00 delivered when sideshow had the big sale.

in all honesty i cannot see how anyone could argue that the 66 batmobile isn't the most iconic pop culture vehicle of all time?

1/ 66 batmobile
2/ millenium falcon

nothing else comes close for me.

Starsky & Hutch Gran Torino > General Lee

Points for style but that thing couldn't jump 3 feet off the ground! The General Lee defied gravity and physics while the Dukes shot dynamite strapped to arrows out the windows. [emoji12]

Points for style but that thing couldn't jump 3 feet off the ground! The General Lee defied gravity and physics while the Dukes shot dynamite strapped to arrows out the windows. [emoji12]

Absolutely no arguments there :lol

I must've been the only kid in the school who hated that show.

Back