Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989 NON-JOKER Discussion Thread

Indy ok, but sparrow?
That figure was the second best looking hot toys figure after the new joker, but i understand :cool:

From the very beginning and up to today, I still don't get why the Sparrow is a DX and why it is $240. It's a great figure, but even if his outfit is very complex, it is only one outfit. I feel like they are just stuffing him with trinkets to help make the price seem worth it and while the wheel is a cool addition, it's not something I really want and it'll look silly unless that smiling sculpt is really included. I love Jack Sparrow, but it's hard to justify that price.

From the very beginning and up to today, I still don't get why the Sparrow is a DX and why it is $240. It's a great figure, but even if his outfit is very complex, it is only one outfit. I feel like they are just stuffing him with trinkets to help make the price seem worth it and while the wheel is a cool addition, it's not something I really want and it'll look silly unless that smiling sculpt is really included. I love Jack Sparrow, but it's hard to justify that price.

prices go up on everything....look at movie prices over the past few years, look at food prices...people want to make a buck and we'll pay it. look at what you get charged for beer at a baseball/football game...no difference here.

I think Sparrow costs what he does partly because it's Disney, but also, it's a very in demand character so they can charge what they want and get it, and also, even though it's not part of the figure, the wheel is paint work and all, we also get 2 PERS faces which you don't get in every DX set. It's a bit pricey but I don't think he's MMS being sold at DX price, I see him as a DX. There's also rumor the sword is actually metal.

I think Sparrow costs what he does partly because it's Disney, but also, it's a very in demand character so they can charge what they want and get it, and also, even though it's not part of the figure, the wheel is paint work and all, we also get 2 PERS faces which you don't get in every DX set. It's a bit pricey but I don't think he's MMS being sold at DX price, I see him as a DX. There's also rumor the sword is actually metal.

not that im happy paying what Jack costs, but at least he is coming with a ___t ton of accessories...and the tailoring on the clothes is amazing, the likeness (maybe 2 i hope) the wheel, it adds up. cant wait for this guy.

If anything, I think Keaton Batman might feel like a weaker DX than Jack. They can include a suit and head to make a Wayne, but unless they include a body, there is no way to make Wayne out of the box, you won't be able to take the Batman suit off. Batman only has like 3 weapon accessories to come with, the grapple gun, the batarang and the thing from the museum. After that, it's hands, maybe swap out mouth plates. I don't see them doing a beat up cowl head for the end of the movie. I think people are going to feel he doesn't come with enough and is overpriced, love to see HT really load the set up though and surprise us.

If anything, I think Keaton Batman might feel like a weaker DX than Jack. They can include a suit and head to make a Wayne, but unless they include a body, there is no way to make Wayne out of the box, you won't be able to take the Batman suit off. Batman only has like 3 weapon accessories to come with, the grapple gun, the batarang and the thing from the museum. After that, it's hands, maybe swap out mouth plates. I don't see them doing a beat up cowl head for the end of the movie. I think people are going to feel he doesn't come with enough and is overpriced, love to see HT really load the set up though and surprise us.

what im hoping is for a black non rubber body suit with the armor attached, and more of a hard plasticy rubber like in the movie along with the handles that would allow a latex, or faux leather cape to be extended.
batman-2_480_poster.jpg

Someone told me the first HT Begins Batman was constructed similarly to the actual 89 suit, but I have a feeling Hot Toys will just use a full body rubber setup lik their other Batmans. Sure it's not film accurrate, but much easier to work out the production on.

Someone told me the first HT Begins Batman was constructed similarly to the actual 89 suit, but I have a feeling Hot Toys will just use a full body rubber setup lik their other Batmans. Sure it's not film accurrate, but much easier to work out the production on.

I'd prefer less rubber as well, but HT will make a rubber body to minimize cost and maximize profits. :(

im sure your correct...ugh...full rubber suits scare me :horror

I'd prefer less rubber as well, but HT will make a rubber body to minimize cost and maximize profits. :(

I agree with no rubber for 2 reasons. 1) Minimize risk of a DX02 incident again, though I think even the Demon Bats was free of that so hopefully a one time thing, and 2) you'd have even better posability and less risk of tears and damage if it wasn't all a solid piece of rubber.

However, I'd be stunned if HT did anything but make it like all the TDK Batman figures.

You guys think it'd be possible to switch out the head sculpts on the Bale and Keaton Batmans? Put Keaton's head on Bale suit and Bale's head on Keaton's body?

You guys think it'd be possible to switch out the head sculpts on the Bale and Keaton Batmans? Put Keaton's head on Bale suit and Bale's head on Keaton's body?

Probably, unless something about the size of the necks and all doesn't work out.

As far as Keaton Batman, if it's DX with PERS, my guess is it'll be like the Begins cowl with a DX02 neck style, magnetic neck to attach, with the full cowl as a solid piece connected to it and they'll just give you another lever to reach up into the head to move the PERS around.

For some reason I am really doubting we will get a Keaton head sculpt. I think it will be just his expression under the mask with a few different mouth pieces.

I think he should come with an interchangeable BD Bat-symbol, along with the bloody face, I think that there's a good chance, seeing as how Jack is from the parade/final battle.

I think he should come with an interchangeable BD Bat-symbol, along with the bloody face, I think that there's a good chance, seeing as how Jack is from the parade/final battle.

that would be very cool.

That'd be better than nothing, but the whole cowl should be banged up, not just the symbol and his mouth. I'd say if they were only going to do that much, just do the bloody mouth, it'd look odd for the bat logo to be damaged and everything around it be pristine, he could have a bloody face without damage to the cowl.

I hope they dont screw up the cape like they did with all the previous batmans. If they do, the figure will look so goofy. I think it will be very hard finding the right material for a custom cape if they indeed screw up.

Well, I think since it has to be a leather or leatherlike material, they'll be forced to be more accurrate because it's not like slapping any piece of cloth on and saying it's fine, cloth will just lay, leather won't, which has been the problem with a lot of custom Keatons.

The best 89 Bats cape I've seen came on my ElPapaDavis (I think that's his name) custom. It laid really weel but unfortunitely it had a cloth backing on the inside. I'm going to put it on my SS Bats pretty soon and I'll take pics then.

It gives me hope that HT can find a suitable material though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back