Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checking in and wanted to know...

WHERE

TF

IS THIS?!

Hot Toys' response ......

1239883735_goodfellas_-_joe_pesci.gif

Yep grew up on the Burton Batman films. The '89 Batmobile is still the benchmark design although the tumbler has grown on me a lot.

Btw has it ever been explained why Bale sounds like he lisps in TDK? Man sounds stupid

His "American" accent has a lisp (Same as Gerard Butler). I guess everybody in Gotham who runs into Batman is an idiot because he and Bruce both share said speech impediment. :huh

His "American" accent has a lisp (Same as Gerard Butler). I guess everybody in Gotham who runs into Batman is an idiot because he and Bruce both share said speech impediment. :huh

I dont remember hearing a lisp and if he does it must be scene specific. Does anyone have a link to a youtube video or something showing this, Im curious now. Maybe as Batman when he is doing that gravely voice. I dont have a big issue with that voice like everyone else seems to. At first I did but I got used to it. Besides doesnt anyone read in the comics, he disguises his voice. I dont remember what story line or writer but I remember it being described as dead weight being dragged through gravel. And other characters always comment on his "gruff" voice sometime evens making fun of it. Thats irony for ya:lol

I dont remember hearing a lisp and if he does it must be scene specific. Does anyone have a link to a youtube video or something showing this, Im curious now. Maybe as Batman when he is doing that gravely voice. I dont have a big issue with that voice like everyone else seems to. At first I did but I got used to it. Besides doesnt anyone read in the comics, he disguises his voice. I dont remember what story line or writer but I remember it being described as dead weight being dragged through gravel. And other characters always comment on his "gruff" voice sometime evens making fun of it. Thats irony for ya:lol

Just YouTube any role he's every played with an American accent. The lisp is there. :cuckoo:

I always liked Keaton's Batman voice - I imagine he would have had trouble shouting though. How do you shout in a kind of whisper?

Being a huge fan of both Batman film eras i'd say Bale is the better Batman and Bruce Wayne. Lisp or not he's more convincing and suitable to the role imo. It doesn't (at all) take away from how much I loved Keaton as Bats and as Wayne too.

I agree with that. Bale is the best Batman/Wayne combo. Keaton had a good Batman and a meh Wayne. Kilmer had a decent Batman and a good Wayne. Clooney shockingly sucked all around.

Being a huge fan of both Batman film eras i'd say Bale is the better Batman and Bruce Wayne. Lisp or not he's more convincing and suitable to the role imo. It doesn't (at all) take away from how much I loved Keaton as Bats and as Wayne too.

I agree with you on that , Me being a kid from the 80's , thats all i knew was 89 Batman and Keaton portrayal of him , the Bruce Wayne smartass type i liked , his Batman was kind of an ass hole . which i loved him like that.

But Bales Batman/BW is on a whole different level , what Nolan has done to bring these characters to life in a way that is believable and realistic is top notch work and i tip my hat to him .

If i had to pick a Batman , i would pick Bale's :exactly:

Keaton's Batman was perfect for its time. Kilmer was just method-acting Keaton's performances so his performance doesn't really count as unique. Clooney looked perfect, just didn't take it seriously and unfortunately, neither did anybody else. Bales is the perfect Batman for this point in time. I like both Keaton and Bale equally for entirely different reasons. I've no doubt that in the coming decade, we'll see someone else fill the cowl (outside of this Batman series) and he'll be just as good for that upcoming point in time.

Yeah, both of them are great actors, and it all just comes down to a personal preference (if any preference at all). When I was a little kid, I saw the Tim Burton Batman movies, and I always associated Batman with Keaton. I also like the Batman Animated series, which influenced by the Burton movies -- most noticeably the music.

Bale Batman is much better Batman/Bruce Wayne than Michael Keaton version.

Keaton's Bruce Wayne was a lot more intense and dynamic than Bale's has become over two movies. Bale's Keaton was a monotone, smug dullard by The Dark Knight who rued the demise of Harvey Dent more than Rachel Dawes. He just became a foil of normalcy for Ledger's Joker to play off of.

Keaton's Batman was perfect for its time.
:exactly: we're talking about a 10+ year difference, personally I really enjoyed Keaton as batman I was only born in 91 but I grew up watching the 89 batman movie and that's what got me hooked onto collecting, not to say that bale did a bad job he is a great batman I look at bale as Keaton in the 20th century lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back