Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989 NON-JOKER Discussion Thread

You guys do see the "it's fake" part at the bottom, right?

I do, but after the DX02 issues, I am a bit concerned about getting another Batman from Hot Toys. I know Demon bats came out and I think without issues, but the DX02 issue was so ugly and frustrating, I don't want to go through it again.

I do, but after the DX02 issues, I am a bit concerned about getting another Batman from Hot Toys. I know Demon bats came out and I think without issues, but the DX02 issue was so ugly and frustrating, I don't want to go through it again.

You can't talk your way out of this one, noob. :lol

2598683087_9985afdd9a.jpg

Batman-Keaton.jpg

I hope HT does the ears curving inward instead of straight and flaired out, unfortunately both ways are accurrate for the movie but I think the flared out looks silly and don't like the customs that have done it, it's one of my favorite features on the Sovereign Batman.

I hope HT does the ears curving inward instead of straight and flaired out, unfortunately both ways are accurrate for the movie but I think the flared out looks silly and don't like the customs that have done it, it's one of my favorite features on the Sovereign Batman.

Explain?

I hate the way that the ears curve in on the Begins suit. Looks terrible but I've never seen the same thing on the 1989 suit. I'm guessing the difference is so minute it doesn't matter but I'd hate to think it'll look like the Begins suit *shudders*

Explain?

I hate the way that the ears curve in on the Begins suit. Looks terrible but I've never seen the same thing on the 1989 suit. I'm guessing the difference is so minute it doesn't matter but I'd hate to think it'll look like the Begins suit *shudders*

The picture on the left is my ideal look to the '89 cowl, there's a nice curve from his face to the top of the ear moving slightly inward, but because of the quality of the mask, sometimes the ears would be more straight up or even point outward slightly, and I just think it looks ugly, the curved look seems more like he's a bat creature, the straight look has more of a mask feel to it for me. One of the things I like about the Nolan Batman maskes is that from a front view, the outside follows a similar curve.

89BAT.jpg

Later batsuits stuck with the straight up and out look and it just doesn't work for me.

BatmanGeorgeClooney.jpg

This custom is about perfect to me, left ear a little too bent, and neck a tad too thin, but that's the shape I like.

DSC02639.jpg

I don't like the ears like this, even though there are times they looked this way in the movie.

IMG_7179.jpg

I'd prefer HT to just sculpt them how I like, but if not, hopefully it would just be a matter of heating the ears and bending them and how the flow into the sides of his head won't look strange.

Funny how they always use motorbike gear. Remember Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey at the end? Sidi Motocross boots.

Weren't the '89 boots built up from Nikes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back