Hot Toys: Batman 85 Years Announcement Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
COOOOOOOOL pic 💙💚👏
1000027694.jpg

I can see Howard doing a Pfeiffer Catwoman prototype out of sheer spite to Jazzinc.
Which they will never deliver on.

Other than that
- a weird funky coloured Batsuit or mashup no one would really want
- Maybe they will finally release their Arkham Nightwing for order
- a few more teases that go nowehere, maybe something like Arkham Mr Freeze
- and one genuinely exciting/interesting release that stops us all from writing this company off forever! Maybe Neeson as Ra's Al Ghul or a BB Scarecrow 2.0 with a Cillian Murphy sculpt.

Last edited:
I wish I could just haunt Howard Chan like a Dickensian ghost and be like “bro, do you have any idea how much money you’re actively LOSING by not making comic DC figures? Seriously. Whole ass lines at $200 a pop. We’re talking Alex Ross. We’re talking Jose Luis-García Lopez.”

I’m sorry, but I feel like this could sell like hot cakes:

IMG_7377.jpeg

…or a Ross Justice line in 1/6th:

IMG_8424.jpeg

I don’t think they realize how many people are comic fans and actively *want* this stuff and what I can’t understand, even more than that, is how they don’t recognize the precedent. MAFEX has basically created their own cult with the comic/artist based stuff and, in the case of Ross, you have third parties like SSR Toys making it in 1/6th, licensed companies like Gong Toys making 1/12th Kingdom Come figs, and, within a year, both Iron Studios and Prime 1 making Justice statues in larger scales.

I wish they’d take note like they did when Prime1 went all-in on Arkham Knight in 1/3rd scale and we got that ramping up of video game figures (at least, until we get to Nightwing), but I doubt it.

L5QJnUD.jpg

DEm92hdXUAA1zTT.jpg

absolute_justice.jpg

I wish I could just haunt Howard Chan like a Dickensian ghost and be like “bro, do you have any idea how much money you’re actively LOSING by not making comic DC figures? Seriously. Whole ass lines at $200 a pop. We’re talking Alex Ross. We’re talking Jose Luis-García Lopez.”

I’m sorry, but I feel like this could sell like hot cakes:

View attachment 725951

…or a Ross Justice line in 1/6th:

View attachment 725952

I don’t think they realize how many people are comic fans and actively *want* this stuff and what I can’t understand, even more than that, is how they don’t recognize the precedent. MAFEX has basically created their own cult with the comic/artist based stuff and, in the case of Ross, you have third parties like SSR Toys making it in 1/6th, licensed companies like Gong Toys making 1/12th Kingdom Come figs, and, within a year, both Iron Studios and Prime 1 making Justice statues in larger scales.

I wish they’d take note like they did when Prime1 went all-in on Arkham Knight in 1/3rd scale and we got that ramping up of video game figures (at least, until we get to Nightwing), but I doubt it.
A legit Silver-Bronze Age Garcia Lopez Super-Powers Style guide / Alex Ross Justice, themed line would be fantastic.
Not many registered his "Secret Origins" prelude to Justice, were near recreations of the mini-origins presented in the Super-Powers carrying case.
So yeah the two lines are inexorably linked.
93kqi6.jpg

93kqd3.jpg

Last edited:
While Kenner/Hasbro once had the license, they often went into some of the most outrageous Batman repaints and variants territory,
From every theme and color variant, every 90s eXtreme roided-up gimmick and nonsensical accessory, Shatter Blade, Lava Fury, Neural Claw, Jungle Rage, to Night-Force Day-Glow Ninjas! Which made absolutely no sense, yet would actually make any kid's head explode with wonderment!

There was however a line, which to the shame of many "serious" collectors, that somehow did appeal to me.
And Hot Toys needs to go full in on the (recognizably outrageous), off-brand period-themed, Batman Legends Line.
Which I recognize is completely anachronistic, yet somehow made perfect thematic sense for me as a Batman toy line:

"-battling crime throughout time!-"
4bqdb4.gif
3ucz30.gif

6B3ccXp.jpg

I' would buy most of these reimagined in 1:6 scale.
My favorite Dark Rider Batman with whip and sword!
Batman wants to be Zorro so bad here, it's embarrassing! :lol

Last edited:
Comic lovers have something to be hopeful for. Just watched bigbredas stream from Friday and he showed a video with the HT post on Chinese social media. It was a set of animated snippets showcasing different eras of batman comics and artists. My guess is Hono DC.

Beyond pathetic. And I'm a huge fan of the game. This has nothing to do with anything, just a previous figure painted in a scheme that has no bearing whatsoever to the aesthetic of the source material.

Wtf at this point they should give us AK Nightwing and New Batman batsuit like Batman Noel, or Neal Adam's Batsuit.

God I've been waiting for that Nightwing since the second they announced him.

I'm not a fan of the AK suit they gave him and the domino mask, but might be the only licensed Nightwing we'll ever get from HT.

Back