Hot Toys: Batman 85 Years Announcement Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like cillian murphy's scarecrow is coming, with HT's halloween themed event?
I keep hearing people saying this rumour - any idea where this is coming from, any reliable sources?
I would be delighted for it to be true, but part of me thinks it might just be hopium following the disappointing 85 anniversary announcements [and lack thereof]

I've recently started collecting statues, myself. But, the 1:4 and 1:3 stuff is huge by comparison to a 1:6 figure.

I think unless you have a lot of real-estate to work with, a venture into statue collecting might end soon after it begins.
I personally don't have a ton of display space, but statues bring about a less if more approach for me unlike the smaller scale that invites buying more and more, especially characters I may not have as strong of an attachment to just to complete a certain line up. Statues ideally make one think more on the purchase since they aren't as easily sold off as figures. I know that I will currently sell off nearly all my 1/6 before I let my statues go.

Both scales have their pros and cons though.

Last edited:
Where’s this?
I keep hearing people saying this rumour - any idea where this is coming from, any reliable sources?
I would be delighted for it to be true, but part of me thinks it might just be hopium following the disappointing 85 anniversary announcements [and lack thereof]
Yep, a lot of overseas social media posts are discussing
There is a reliable source poster from overseas social media, who often gets correct on upcoming figures.

Just for some clarification, the overseas poster that was mentioned posted this back early I think this year. I tried a automatic translation and it goes as the following: (Note: this a automatic translation, so some might not be translated correctly)

tomhardy, harleyquinn rooted hair, scarecrow with cillian murphy headsculpt, mk80, garfield, 92 keaton, arkham batman beyond, arkham batgirl color change, samurai predator, don't know true or not.

So far a lot of it has been correct??

Attachments

• nam.png
    nam.png
    60.8 KB
Last edited:
Really need ‘97 Batman and Robin to go up for preorder. They’re the type of figures Hot Toys would totally end up putting in Hot Toys unreleased prototype purgatory.

I personally don't have a ton of display space, but statues bring about a less if more approach for me unlike the smaller scale that invites buying more and more, especially characters I may not have as strong of an attachment to just to complete a certain line up. Statues ideally make one think more on the purchase since they aren't as easily sold off as figures. I know that I will currently sell off nearly all my 1/6 before I let my statues go.

Both scales have their pros and cons though.

I feel the same way about my statues as well, and it's nice to have just a select number of pieces that have a presence to them. I also like the idea of having limited runs, with numbered releases. Hot Toys can probably learn from that, but I think their business model encourages and feeds OCD tendencies - to the point where people will chase the perfect rendtion of the same character for years on end, only to be continually disappointed.

There are some 1/6 releases that still catch my interest now and again, but I've found myself largely skipping out on figures that I would've bought years before.

Back