Hot Toys- Batman Begins:Batman Demon & Scarecrow spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my shipping confirmation from Toys2 today.

Oh yeahhhhhhhhhhh!

km_picture_new.jpg

We must all drink the Hot Toys Kool Aid.

i messaged the person i bought them from on ebay to see if he/she had shipped them out yet, but I haven't gotten a response...
*biting fingernails*

did anyone else buy theirs from kkk70869413...? he/she had like 3 listed at the time.

I figured it wasn't worth the hassle, considering the potential savings involved. Not only are you likely gonna get less than $200 for Batman, but you're gonna have to eat eBay/Paypal fees as well as wasting time shipping it.

The waffle guy listed a $250 shipped Scarecrow today (after having raised it for several days when I was actually ready to buy). Decent deal IMO, given current prices. And good feedback:

https://cgi.ebay.com/HOT-TOYS-SCARE...758?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a62b9bc86

Hmmm... so very tempting...

No, I'm not saying don't get it, I mean beware of scammers from HK taking advantage of your emotions. They've all come out for this one. Don't order from a guy with 37 feedback or numbers for a name just to save $20. You're spending over $200 for a figure...what's another $10-20 to get it from a reliable source?

Oh, yeah. No doubt, I would steer clear of the guys without much feedback. I paid an extra $15-20 and ordered from the man with the plan from waffleland because he seemed legit.

No, I'm not saying don't get it, I mean beware of scammers from HK taking advantage of your emotions. They've all come out for this one. Don't order from a guy with 37 feedback or numbers for a name just to save $20. You're spending over $200 for a figure...what's another $10-20 to get it from a reliable source?

Yeah, but if you use Paypal, you're covered in the eventuality of coming across a scammer.

You might have to open a case in case anything happens, and you have to stay on top of things enough to do so within 45 days of purchase, but it's not all that much of a hassle. Given that it's just as likely to not even happen in the first place, I'd argue it's worth $10-20. But then again, I try to be thrifty with my hobbies.

Not saying don't be careful - but there is such a thing as too paranoid. Be smart, be cautious, but don't be afraid of saving a few bucks if you know you're covered.

Use credit card funds when paying through Paypal, and buy through eBay directly. That way, you've got 3 levels of security--1) eBay buyer protection; 2) Paypal's dispute resolution; and if necessary, 3) file a complaint with your credit card company directly.

I have to manually select the credit card option to avoid having a bank draft through Paypal. I automatically send any Paypal funds into the bank, btw, which keeps me from using that for payments, but also restricts Paypal's ability to arbitrarily put a hold on my funds for any wacky reason (since I've heard horror stories).

i messaged the person i bought them from on ebay to see if he/she had shipped them out yet, but I haven't gotten a response...
*biting fingernails*

did anyone else buy theirs from kkk70869413...? he/she had like 3 listed at the time.

I got one from him also. I messaged him and he said he got really busy this week and should be shipping today. I'm a little anxious myself.

3) file a complaint with your credit card company directly.

Even though thats good but sadly what I've read from the hate/sucks Paypal forums, that has lead a lot of people to deactivated/banned Paypal accounts.

Apparently Paypal hates it when you take it up with your credit card company rather than through them. Yet it's the worst of two evils. As many are aware how long and slow it can take Paypal to resolve something when it goes sour even if it does get resolved.

Even though thats good but sadly what I've read from the hate/sucks Paypal forums, that has lead a lot of people to deactivated/banned Paypal accounts.

Apparently Paypal hates it when you take it up with your credit card company rather than through them. Yet it's the worst of two evils. As many are aware how long and slow it can take Paypal to resolve something when it goes sour even if it does get resolved.

yup :lecture

you can choose either one actually. if you choose to file a claim via credit card, paypal no longer backs you up in case ____ happens.

It's too bad none of the more reputable, stateside retailers where able to get a hold of some of these...BBTS, etc.
I don't have the $$$ right now for this set, but if I did, some of the ebay shenanigans going on out there would be enough to compell me to pay more for a seller I trusted.

Back