Hot Toys- Batman Begins:Batman Demon & Scarecrow spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm kinda half assed bidding on Scarecrow figures now... It really pisses me off that this wasn't a normal release.

Yeah, I probably won't get one for a long time because of it being a limited edition release.

Heck, I may never get one.

I'm kinda half assed bidding on Scarecrow figures now... It really pisses me off that this wasn't a normal release.
BUT. . .it was released. I really wanted this figure to round out my Dark Knight collection a couple years back, and now, I have the chance.

I keep coming back to this point, but our options probably weren't: a) making Scarecrow a regular release; or b) make Scarecrow an exclusive release.

But instead: a) make Scarecrow an exclusive release; or b) don't make Scarecrow at all. Particularly given the sales (or lack thereof) of Two-Face.

Same with Beat It MJ, since that "era" has been tackled by HT already.

Given all that, I'm willing to eat the extra costs to have an opportunity for owning an official Hot Toys Scarecrow figure. I do understand the frustration, but I'm not sure he had a chance for a mass release at all (assuming, of course, that mass release production numbers are much higher than 4,000, which is a fair-sized assumption).

What kind of outfit do you have on your TDK Scarecrow Void? I think that's the version I'm gonna go for.

It's the BR Joker suit which has been really dirtied to replicate the beat-up suit he wore in TDK.

Then i've got a brown shirt I found on ebay a while back.

Random boots found on ebay

Random black tie found on ebay - horrible quality, will replace with a better tie, preferably a brown one as that's what he had on in TDK.

DSC08136.JPG

DSC08139.JPG

DSC08142.JPG

Man... tried to convince myself I don't want this... but he really adds so much visually to the collection.

i am gonna try to get a scarecrow when I get a chance. I wonder if it would be cheaper to get the 2 and then sell of the Demon but I don't have the cash to do the set.
I figured it wasn't worth the hassle, considering the potential savings involved. Not only are you likely gonna get less than $200 for Batman, but you're gonna have to eat eBay/Paypal fees as well as wasting time shipping it.

The waffle guy listed a $250 shipped Scarecrow today (after having raised it for several days when I was actually ready to buy). Decent deal IMO, given current prices. And good feedback:

https://cgi.ebay.com/HOT-TOYS-SCARE...758?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a62b9bc86

Very nice custom.... nowonder everyone wanted Seb's Mask!

$396.00 is a great price. People seemed to have stopped the bid war crap. Last night I got one for $390 shipped and I didn't even have to snipe bid. I bid about 20 mins before it ended.

Hell, I'm sure if someone bid now they'd get it for less than $400.

I remember the days when you and a bunch of others insisted on $350 and no more! It's nice to be able to flipflop :lol

I figured it wasn't worth the hassle, considering the potential savings involved. Not only are you likely gonna get less than $200 for Batman, but you're gonna have to eat eBay/Paypal fees as well as wasting time shipping it.

The waffle guy listed a $250 shipped Scarecrow today (after having raised it for several days when I was actually ready to buy). Decent deal IMO, given current prices. And good feedback:

https://cgi.ebay.com/HOT-TOYS-SCARE...758?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a62b9bc86

Considering how much everyone paid for the customs $400 for the pair and $250 for Scarecrow is still within reason. It is always nice to have the option to safe $$ and keep it in your wallet for the next hurt but I do suspect that HT feared a general larger release may end up being another Two-Face. I m just glad it got released and we can get our hands on it cause for all the begging Seb did not intend to make more masks :monkey2

Back