Hot Toys- Batman Begins:Batman Demon & Scarecrow spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just sold my Demon Bats so I ended up "only" paying about $175 for my Scarecrow figure. I actually really like it, even if the accessories are limited. I say if youre on the fence, go for it...

No. I haven't seen one Demon Bat sell for $150. Average price of those is a bit over $200.

One just ended for about $200 dollars plus $30-$40 shipping.

If I do go through with this plan of mine, I'll probably ask $200-$210 free shipping anyway, which would be about the asking price on ebay from asian sellers, though probably a little less. Pretty ideal for some in the US considering I wouldn't ship overseas. I'll definitely get what I can out of that straight jacket and boots though.

https://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-toys-12-Ba...625?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a62b82d91

Like I said I just recalled seeing this being offered as BIN. Also it's not like anyone here has ever said DemonBat was worth more than $150?

I have been referring to $150 as in excluding S/H as mentioned before as it was in reference to what you get back from selling it so shipping cost should not be considered something that contributes to your recoup.
Besides I am merely going of all the comments of $150 and not more from this thread. Give it a few more days and more ppl parting the bat out here in NA and the shipped price will drop further. Just trying to be realistic here

:borg:

I have been referring to $150 as in excluding S/H as mentioned before as it was in reference to what you get back from selling it so shipping cost should not be considered something that contributes to your recoup.
Besides I am merely going of all the comments of $150 and not more from this thread. Give it a few more days and more ppl parting the bat out here in NA and the shipped price will drop further. Just trying to be realistic here

:borg:

Oh, I see. As far as recouping the cost, yeah, that's a more realistic assessment.

Thanks again for your help.

I was lucky enough to get a batpod and tumbler last year when I first started to collect HT, but I don't have any Batman figures yet! I like the Original costume the best but it is pricey.

I like the Scarecrow more than the Demon, but knowing my completist mindset, I will probably get both.

Some of the figures (OC Batman, DX Joker and Batman) are becoming hard to find. But the good news is, you've got the two really expensive items taken care of already!

Anyone get theirs from toys2 yet? Mine is coming (hopefully) tomorrow, but I'd love to see some pics!

I have decided to just get scarecrow don't know what i would do with DB.
from the pictures Ive seen he doesn't even look like demon batman.
also so he is in the movie for about three seconds.

That's $190, not $150.

And yes, I'd say the DemonBatman is worth around $200. That's the market price. Whether it's worth that to any given individual is up to them.

So does that mean you think the new $250 prices is a bargain with all the accessories?

So does that mean you think the new $250 prices is a bargain with all the accessories?

$250 for what? For both of them? Yes, that would be a bargain.

For a either Scarecrow or Bat-Demon individually? No, it's not a bargain.

I'd say $250 is a somewhat fair price for a Scarecrow and a bit high (by about $20 or so) for a Bat-Demon.

I wouldn't pay that much for either of them myself, but that's because I'm interested in both, so I'd probably prefer to grab two for around $400.

For a either Scarecrow or Bat-Demon individually? No, it's not a bargain.

I'd say $250 is a somewhat fair price for a Scarecrow and a bit high (by about $20 or so) for a Bat-Demon.

I wouldn't pay that much for either of them myself, but that's because I'm interested in both, so I'd probably prefer to grab two for around $400.

Why is 250 bucks a somewhat fair price for Scarecrow? And 230 bucks for Demon Bats? Just about every HT figure I can think of that's been released in the past 12 months - with a couple of obvious exceptions - has been anywhere from 120-180.

Granted this set is a so-called 'exclusive'... but really, the day when 250 bucks for a single non-accessorised figure is a 'fair price' is still a long way off for me.

I was fine with paying $250 for Scarecrow. Saves me the hassle of trying to sell the Demon.

Why is 250 bucks a somewhat fair price for Scarecrow? And 230 bucks for Demon Bats? Just about every HT figure I can think of that's been released in the past 12 months - with a couple of obvious exceptions - has been anywhere from 120-180.

Granted this set is a so-called 'exclusive'... but really, the day when 250 bucks for a single non-accessorised figure is a 'fair price' is still a long way off for me.

Well, there are two definitions of "fair."

There's "fair market price," as in "My buddy is offering to sell this to me for X dollars, is that fair?" By that, the question of "fair" is whether or not that's the going market price. And that's how I answered the question of "fair." Scarecrow is going for $250, so it's a "fair" price in the sense that's close to the average. It's a little more than half the price of the two-pack average price (around $400) and is the more popular half, so it's fair in that sense too.

The other definition of "fair" is how much it "should" cost. Which is based on how much it costs to make and distribute, and how much other comparable figures have sold for (meaning all of Hot Toys' figures and other 1/6 scale companies' figures).

And by that definition, no, $250 is not a "fair" price. It includes no accessories, whereas a comparable Hot Toys figure would include accessories and sell for considerably less than $200. By that same definition, $400 is also not a "fair" price for the 2-pack.

If someone offers to sell this for $250, I'd say that's a fair price, based on the first definition, but not based on the second.

The fact that Hot Toys is refusing to sell to retailers at a wholesale price is NOT "fair," however, and leads to the poor price point we're seeing. So I agree with you on that point.

I was referring to it as an example of the new DX figure prices that are going. You seem to think $200 was a bargain for a regular figure with just hands for accessories. Regardless of the exclusive tag, a figure that should have been no more than $120 - $140.

So if you're that happy paying $200 for a MMS figure that only has a few hands. $250+ must be a bargain to you for new figures coming on the market which is packed with accessories.

Hot Toys just sees this as people will pony up no matter what they set or what very little it comes with. Hence why the prices are increasing as it is. Yet too few seems to bat an eyelid to it. Shell out, shell out, shell out...

Back