Hot Toys- Batman Begins:Batman Demon & Scarecrow spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my set today..... I love them both, I thought Batman Demon was so-so but when I saw it and put the cape on, I instantly fell in love... no way in hell I am parting with Bats.

I'm sure thats going to happen to me when my set comes in

jizz-in-my-pants-andy-samberg1.jpg

Got my set today..... I love them both, I thought Batman Demon was so-so but when I saw it and put the cape on, I instantly fell in love... no way in hell I am parting with Bats.

I left my Batman in the package, but I agree he looks 100% better with the cape on. Scarecrow is just awesome though. He looks so good on the shelf to me and is probablly in my top 5.

Well, there are two definitions of "fair."

There's "fair market price," as in "My buddy is offering to sell this to me for X dollars, is that fair?" By that, the question of "fair" is whether or not that's the going market price. And that's how I answered the question of "fair." Scarecrow is going for $250, so it's a "fair" price in the sense that's close to the average. It's a little more than half the price of the two-pack average price (around $400) and is the more popular half, so it's fair in that sense too.

The other definition of "fair" is how much it "should" cost. Which is based on how much it costs to make and distribute, and how much other comparable figures have sold for (meaning all of Hot Toys' figures and other 1/6 scale companies' figures).

And by that definition, no, $250 is not a "fair" price. It includes no accessories, whereas a comparable Hot Toys figure would include accessories and sell for considerably less than $200. By that same definition, $400 is also not a "fair" price for the 2-pack.

If someone offers to sell this for $250, I'd say that's a fair price, based on the first definition, but not based on the second.

The fact that Hot Toys is refusing to sell to retailers at a wholesale price is NOT "fair," however, and leads to the poor price point we're seeing. So I agree with you on that point.

Fair price!! The fair price is the amount the seller is willing to sell it for and the buyer is willing to pay. If both parties are happy, it was a fair price.

Old Grandpa

PS: Mine arrives tomorrow

It's out of production now, but you should be able to pick up one on ebay.

General Ursus got booted off this one, so Crane could ride high in the saddle. ;)

Back