Hot Toys Batman V. Superman Dawn of Justice Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harley would be a good option for sculpted hair being pig tails, means little hinderance to moving the head unlike the looks of Thor

Baby Doll from Sucker Punch had pigtails and they were rooted so i'm guessing Harely's will be too.

Howard must be super-confident that the BvS and Suicide Squad stuff will sell like hot cakes, because I know there are probably a few fans who are literally blowing a gasket over the sheer amount of Iron Man stuff they're pumping out for Ani-Com.:lol

Howard must be super-confident that the BvS and Suicide Squad stuff will sell like hot cakes.

Where is there an indication of this? They haven't even announced that they have the Suicide Squad license.

Hot Toys will never be as expansive with their DC line like they have with Marvel. They're never going to do as many. All the variants of Batman, Joker, Superman, Robin, Gordon and Jor-El doesn't even amount to everything Iron Man/Stark related they've done. That's not even counting the likes of Captain America that has an impressive amount of figures to his name. That's only a couple of figures!

image.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
I'd say that it's a given when you factor in their relationship with DC and that the Suicide Squad merchandise would "specifically target adult and high end collectors." Keep in mind that we've already seen three Batman suits, alone, we've got an entire team of Supervillains, and we've got DC movies up through 2020, including an the Green Lantern Corps. And Cyborg, who will, most likely, go through a bunch of upgrades. Suffice it to say, though, that's besides the point. I'm just saying that their SDCC showing this year could've been a placard with a DC logo and a statement saying "**** you all. See you next year!" and it wouldn't have been much different.:lol

****, I don't even know what "Shotgun" looks like. Out of that line up, I doubt I could even pick out the original 7 if they weren't in order.

Shotgun is actually somewhat distinctive, as opposed to about 75% of the others. Big ass visor reminds me of Teen Titan associate "Red Star"

YdBKkHi.jpg

IiyIH70.jpg

If he was blue he would make a terrific "Scuba Attack Iron Man"

I'd say that it's a given when you factor in their relationship with DC and that the Suicide Squad merchandise would "specifically target adult and high end collectors." Keep in mind that we've already seen three Batman suits, alone, we've got an entire team of Supervillains, and we've got DC movies up through 2020, including an the Green Lantern Corps. And Cyborg, who will, most likely, go through a bunch of upgrades. Suffice it to say, though, that's besides the point. I'm just saying that their SDCC showing this year could've been a placard with a DC logo and a statement saying "**** you all. See you next year!" and it wouldn't have been much different.:lol

They're also going to be neck deep in Disney products with Civil War and Force Awakens. Keep that in mind.

- Iron Man (multiple suits)
- Stark
- Captain America (multiple looks most likely)
- Falcon
- Scarlet Witch
- Black Widow
- Winter Soldier/Bucky
- Hawkeye
- Antman
- Cross Bones
- Hydra soldiers

That's about the output of their Age of Ultron line, their biggest line of in succession figures yet. As for Star Wars they're obviously going all out for the Original trilogy and sequel trilogy. They're debuting a new character at the show next week.

- Empire characters (mentioned by Jack Bauer who confirmed the ANH onslaught)
- Jedi characters (same as above)
- Kylo Ren
- Stormtrooper
- Rey
- Finn
- Poe
- Phasma
- Han
- Chewbacca

That's massive. In the past year there have been 50 releases, over half of which were dominantly Marvel and Star Wars. It'll no doubt be the same again since they seem to be under Disney's thumb. In comparison to the above, Hot Toys have skimped out on Batman Begins, Watchmen, Superman: The Movie, Batman Returns, Batman '66, Man of Steel, and zero Green Lantern. The Dark Knight movies got their attention, but mostly for Batman and Joker variations. You really think they're going to tackle the entire Suicide Squad when they haven't even shown Quicksilver or Drax to finish the Marvel teams.

I think we'll definitely see,

- Batman
- Armored Batman
- Superman
- Wonder Woman
- Joker
- Harley Quinn

Beyond that? I doubt many more non-Batman/Joker figures. Look at all the DC figures that seemed like no brainers at the time that they haven't eleased. Rorschach, Nite Owl, Clark Kent, Stamp Zod, Hackman Luthor, MoS Black suited Superman, Faora, black suited Zod, Mob Joker, Museum Joker, Returns Penguin, Returns Catwoman, Ra's Al Ghul, a variant Bane, 66' Batmobile, 66' Joker, '66 Catwoman, '66 Batgirl, '66 Riddler, and 66 Penguin. If they didn't get figures, even during times of hype and merchandising, what chance do these guys have?

image.jpg

Shotgun is actually somewhat distinctive, as opposed to about 75% of the others. Big ass visor reminds me of Teen Titan associate "Red Star"

YdBKkHi.jpg

IiyIH70.jpg

Oh, no wonder that just popped up today too! I thought you were kidding, I had only seen Pepper w/ armor this morning. That visual checklist of Iron Man/Stark/Armors is already obsolete. :lol

EDIT:

And Mark XLV!

Last edited:
Where is there an indication of this? They haven't even announced that they have the Suicide Squad license.

Hot Toys will never be as expansive with their DC line like they have with Marvel. They're never going to do as many. All the variants of Batman, Joker, Superman, Robin, Gordon and Jor-El doesn't even amount to everything Iron Man/Stark related they've done. That's not even counting the likes of Captain America that has an impressive amount of figures to his name. That's only a couple of figures!

View attachment 198878
View attachment 198879
View attachment 198886

And why is it hot toys fault that DC has been lagging in th theater?

Those DC movies are almost all (save 2) pre iron man 1. Where as all the marvel movies (im1,2,3 Cap 1,2 Avengers 1,2 Thor 1,2) are newer. That's one of the largest factors. Hot toys is pulling from sources they don't for marvel to get DC stuff out. But that source material had nearly zero current market visibility.

I didn't say it was Hot Toys' fault? I stated that their DC lines will never be as expansive as their Marvel ones.

There is no questioning the MCU's revalency, I'd never question that. They literally have more films. Also Watchmen, Green Lantern, The Dark Knight Rises, and Man of Steel were are all WB/DC movie licenses that Hot Toys acquired after Iron Man 1. Watchmen received a measly two figure offering, Green Lantern got zero, at the time TDKR got three and old, reused vehicles, and Man of Steel got three as well. That doesn't bode too well for the entire Suicide Squad or any BvS character that isn't Batman, Superman or Wonder Woman does it?

And while they may not have had a current movie or event to their name lets not forget that Hot Toys pursued Superman: The Movie, Batman 1989, Batman Returns, the Batman Arkham game and Batman '66 (which we could argue was/is just as relevant as Iron Man 3 given the push since the recent Blu Ray and merchandising deals since 2013) well after 2010. None of those are particularly well rounded in terms of selection compared to other lines.

That is all I was stating.

Last edited:
I didn't say it was Hot Toys' fault? I stated that their DC lines will never be as expansive as their Marvel ones.

There is no questioning the MCU's revalency, I'd never question that. They literally have more films. Also Watchmen, Green Lantern, The Dark Knight Rises, and Man of Steel were are all WB/DC movie licenses that Hot Toys acquired after Iron Man 1. Watchmen received a measly two figure offering, Green Lantern got zero, at the time TDKR got three and old, reused vehicles, and Man of Steel got three as well. That doesn't bode too well for the entire Suicide Squad or any BvS character that isn't Batman, Superman or Wonder Woman does it?

And while they may not have had a current movie or event to their name lets not forget that Hot Toys pursued Superman: The Movie, Batman 1989, Batman Returns, the Batman Arkham game and Batman '66 (which we could argue was/is just as relevant as Iron Man 3 given the push since the recent Blu Ray and merchandising deals since 2013) well after 2010. None of those are particularly well rounded in terms of selection compared to other lines.

That is all I was stating.

Dark Knight Rises also got the Bat-Signal two-pack, but I see your point. I think it's fair to note how much better Marvel is doing in the box office, too. Dark Knight was a true blockbuster, and so we've got many "clown shapes" out of it. Dark Knight Rises didn't do as well as Avengers, partly because the repeat customers weren't there, and partly because of the real world events that surrounded its opening. But two Batmobiles, the Bat, and five figures is still pretty good for a movie with mixed reviews. Meanwhile, Marvel keeps release smash hit after smash hit. And even if a particular chapter doesn't make as much money as another in the series, it's in the same shared universe, so the fans are still there to buy the related merchandise.

If only DC had a smash hit with this new connected universe, we might see the same. However, copying Marvel hasn't really worked for the company in the past...

And add way too blue '66 repaint to that list, dammit!

Also, I'll chime in and say that I bet Suicide Squad won't have that many toys. Maybe Joker and Harley, and perhaps a Deadshot because of Will Smith's level of fame.

But it just won't do the same numbers as Batman v. Superman.

RG0BS1U.gif

I suspect we'll get Deadshot Smith, Harley, and Joker of course. But I wouldn't say that any of those are guarantees. I certainly wouldn't expect anything else.

I have no worries. They are making useless MCU figures they will get around to making useless DCEU figures. And we will all be complaining when they trot out the 5th Batman variant in 2 years.

Dark Knight Rises also got the Bat-Signal two-pack, but I see your point. I think it's fair to note how much better Marvel is doing in the box office, too. Dark Knight was a true blockbuster, and so we've got many "clown shapes" out of it. Dark Knight Rises didn't do as well as Avengers, partly because the repeat customers weren't there, and partly because of the real world events that surrounded its opening. But two Batmobiles, the Bat, and five figures is still pretty good for a movie with mixed reviews. Meanwhile, Marvel keeps release smash hit after smash hit. And even if a particular chapter doesn't make as much money as another in the series, it's in the same shared universe, so the fans are still there to buy the related merchandise.

If only DC had a smash hit with this new connected universe, we might see the same. However, copying Marvel hasn't really worked for the company in the past...

And add way too blue '66 repaint to that list, dammit!

You're right in as much as the MCU has far more figures than the DCEU will probably ever get... however over half of them are Iron Man variants! HT really (and unexpectedly) hit the jackpot with IM.
Also, re the number of figures per film/licence... the first Iron Man film only got 3 initial figures i'm sure – the Iron Monger figure was a retrospective release, after the success of the others. Again - how many figures did each individual film get? When you consider this MOS, BB, TDK and TDKR did ok.
BvS will give us a Batman (at least 2 variants), Superman and Wonder Woman. We may also get Cyborg and Aquaman. Suicide Squad - if HT even pick it up – we'll get Joker, Harley and probably Deadshot... further figures may come if the film is a success and the figures sell well.
Also I don't get the feeling the DCEU characters will have needless costume changes from film to film like the MCU.

And yet marvel didn't even get one DX

There didn't seem to be a real rhyme or reason to the DX line as time went on, so I don't know that that means much. If I had to guess, I would say those choices were based off of Chan's own personal preferences for figures that would benefit from the googly eyes and being a "special" release. The only reason we didn't get an Iron Man, I'm sure, is because Tony Stark with googly eyes would be pretty pointless.

Chan's own personal preferences? hm maybe, I'm sure fanboys would go crazy over a DX Tony no matter if it looks awful imo

And yet marvel didn't even get one DX

And yet the DX line is dead and buried and Iron Man is still going strong! Iron Man didn't need a "deluxe" moniker with movable eyes or a light up base to sell em'. Besides, Iron Man is in pretty much every other line subset category they've created. MMS, Die Cast, busts, Diorama, Power Pose, 1/4, you name it, he's in it.

Speaking of 1/4, like the DX line, I always assumed Hot Toys intention for that line was iconic characters spanning from different films. What happened to the teased QS Police Shootout T-800 from T1? Are they ever going to make a QS Keaton Batman like the announcement from 2012 stated? After QS baby Groot, 2 Iron Man figures and more Star Wars on the way I have a feeling the quarter scale series got hijacked and all we'll see is Disney licensed memorabilia now.

Last edited:
Back