Hot Toys Batman V. Superman Dawn of Justice Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I've got a feeling in this universe there's only been one Robin, **** Grayson, and he's been killed. I truly hope not, as being robbed of seeing a big screen Nightwing will be hugely disappointing to me. However, they may just want to streamline things and make all the Robins one character, so Graysons origin, with Jason Todd's death. Means we may get an Under the Red Hood live action adaption down the track, perhaps with Grayson as Red Hood instead of Jason.

Yeah I've got a feeling in this universe there's only been one Robin, **** Grayson, and he's been killed. I truly hope not, as being robbed of seeing a big screen Nightwing will be hugely disappointing to me. However, they may just want to streamline things and make all the Robins one character, so Graysons origin, with Jason Todd's death. Means we may get an Under the Red Hood live action adaption down the track, perhaps with Grayson as Red Hood instead of Jason.

I think that may happen too. Hopefully not though cause I want a live action Nightwing.

Yeh hopefully not, I want Grayson as Nightwing and Drake as Robin.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

I understand artistic license will always prevail, and directors like surprises for the audience, but i really hope they haven't messed with the Robin mythos too much. An ideal scenario for me would be grayson still operational as night wing, tim drake or carrie kelley as the current Robin and Jason todd as the deceased incarnation. As much as i love Batman 89 i cannot forgive the joker involvement in the murder of the waynes and the penguin's overly grotesque origin or even pa kents death in MOS. for me the beauty is in the books and i truly hope that this time the only liberty taken is the proximity of gotham to metropolis and the characters are left as we love them. There is plenty of room for character development without introducing unnecessary 'shock' twists to canon story lines.

Yeah I think if what you want is a carbon copy of comic canon your going to be disappointed with every CBM ever made. On top of with most comics. There is no true canon. It's been changed so many times and there's so much variation. There may be one you pick, but it's not "the" canon.

Personally hearing the same story over and over isn't that much fun.

Wonder Woman's look won me over in that trailer. As long as they don't do that rooted hair crap it'll be a definite buy for me.

HotToys may bleed me dry next year. Antman, Black Panther, Batman (armoured and regular, Supes and wonderwoman? :-O

Especially crazy since I only have the DX12 right now

Wonder Woman's look won me over in that trailer. As long as they don't do that rooted hair crap it'll be a definite buy for me.

HotToys may bleed me dry next year. Antman, Black Panther, Batman (armoured and regular, Supes and wonderwoman? :-O

I hear you. Between Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad and OT Star Wars stuff from Hot Toys, my wallet will have holes burnt in it. Can't wait though haha

I hear you. Between Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad and OT Star Wars stuff from Hot Toys, my wallet will have holes burnt in it. Can't wait though haha

Oh man I'm soo glad I'm not a huge star ware guy, cause I would need all of the new figures! They look fantastic!

I'm starting to like the look of armoured Bats better. Something looks off about the cowl in more recent pics I've seen and I can't put my finger on it

Supes looks like he has a receding hairline with his hair slicked way back in this movie .

I am right there with you. Batman(regular and armored), Black Panther, And Suicide Squad will be it for me.

I am debating getting Wonder Woman if they release her, or waiting until her solo of JL version. I already have MOS Superman, so I do not need the new look, as it is not all that different.

I am right there with you. Batman(regular and armored), Black Panther, And Suicide Squad will be it for me.

I am debating getting Wonder Woman if they release her, or waiting until her solo of JL version. I already have MOS Superman, so I do not need the new look, as it is not all that different.

I'm curious of the quality of the figures. Looking at the quality between the first Nolan Bats compared to the DX12 is massive.
Hopefully we get a quality and accurate peace the first time around.

I also wonder how they handle the new Joker and Harley. Not sure they can pull it off since they're both scantily dressed

Wonder Woman is my most anticipated figure for next year. I hope she doesn't have the dreaded dead stare or rubber arms prone to damage.

Harley Quinn is my second most anticipated and I hope they make her. :pray:

I wouldn't call them short-haired but the styles are such that sculpted was the best possible route to go. However long flowing hair affects articulation and it seems articulation is always favoured in these cases. I think there was one exception, Jessica Biel's character in Blade III but that was probably the one that convinced them to go with rooted hair on all future 'long flowing hair' female characters.

I wouldn't call them short-haired but the styles are such that sculpted was the best possible route to go. However long flowing hair affects articulation and it seems articulation is always favoured in these cases. I think there was one exception, Jessica Biel's character in Blade III but that was probably the one that convinced them to go with rooted hair on all future 'long flowing hair' female characters.
I don't know if that fully explains it, because Thor figures keep getting sculpted hair. I think it's just that, their default for females is to have the "real" hair. But if it's too short (e.g., Maria Hill, the Res. Evil woman), it probably wouldn't look good enough with "real" hair, so they go with sculpted instead.

I really really hope it's sculpted. Rooted hair looks like a Barbie doll. That Blade Jessica Beil looked great and accurate

Harley would be a good option for sculpted hair being pig tails, means little hinderance to moving the head unlike the looks of Thor

Back