Hot Toys Batman V. Superman Dawn of Justice Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm fine with him being that big because I'll be displaying him with Arkham Bats, who is also pretty large.

But yes, they did make the figure larger than most, which seems rather odd. However I don't think they'll make the same mistake with the BvS figures.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm fine with him being that big because I'll be displaying him with Arkham Bats, who is also pretty large.

But yes, they did make the figure larger than most, which seems rather odd. However I don't think they'll make the same mistake with the BvS figures.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Let's hope not. This really ticks me off about this fig. Hopefully the newer ones will be in proper scale.

There's always this solution...

IMG_0228.JPG

MoS is in scale with other figures alright. He's in scale with my HT Preds (that are undersized, btw).

Oh look! The banner above just hit the jackpot! Kaching kaching!

Just wait until Civil War and Infinity Wars!

I've been scanning through the pictures of the Hot Toys Marvel figures from the Toy Fair (Hong Kong is it?) and Iron Man aside, i'd love to know the sales figures for the Marvel figures compared to other lines.
Just seems to me that the Marvel market is saturated and I can't see them still selling big numbers. How many Captain America's do you need? How many Thors? Hot Toys figures are expensive and, whilst some people may have a lot of disposeable income, I'd guess the average collector has to think hard about HT purchases, as such I'm sure all but the richest of Marvel collectors will only buy one of each.
We've got Civil War coming soon – another one CA suit at least, a new Falcon, and god know's how many Iron Men suits! Add to that another SpiderMan and guarantee Ant-Man will have a new suit – as will all the heroes who appear.
I genuinely hope DC don't change characters costumes every film – so far looks like Batman's costume is the same in BvS and SS, plus Superman's has been tweaked, not overhauled... I doubt the general audience would even notice.

I actually thought about that. I'm sure collectors are losing on marvel figures, buying one figure from a movie then wanting the new one, I see a lot of people selling their figures from less of what they paid for it, I personally don't collect Marvel figures but I think that is happening. I'm starting to understand how many the marvel Iron man licensing cost and Marvel in general, but making the 43 suits seemed kind of stupid and a no brainer at the same time since most of them are just mix and match parts and not tooling needed at all. With that said DCCU figures market may not be as saturated as Marvels current line up.

I genuinely hope DC don't change characters costumes every film – so far looks like Batman's costume is the same in BvS and SS, plus Superman's has been tweaked, not overhauled... I doubt the general audience would even notice.

That's my hope as well. Frankly the DC costumes, particularly Batman's is remarkably close and accurate as is from a comic standpoint. Thus I hope it doesn't go through any drastic changes if any.

The only way I'd accept costume changes is if they were radically different. I know that there's absolutely no chance, but I would love Snyder/Affleck/whoever forever, if we got a blue and grey/yellow oval Batsuit in some form or another.

This costume is giving me some Collector Angst. I'm down for Returns Batman and was comfortable with that as my one representation, but the new suit for this film looks like a very nice contemporary take on the classic look. But I really don't want two Batmans. Oh, the humanity.

I actually thought about that. I'm sure collectors are losing on marvel figures, buying one figure from a movie then wanting the new one, I see a lot of people selling their figures from less of what they paid for it.

As a sometime seller in Ireland, with one strange exception, I've only ever lost money on Hot Toys figures that I've sold. It's just not profitable for me - and while I was never buying anything explicitly for future profit it nevertheless does make me strongly consider my purchases nowadays when being forced to sell is a possibility. I will always preference not buying something in the first place if I knew I would end up having to sell it.

image.jpg

Affleck really workout for the role! Will HT use the Arkham body/rubber for Batfleck?

The Arkham is really impressive but lacks movement.

If they make that fantastic looking suit rubber that will be a huge fail on their part.

Make it like the MoS Superman and Spider-Man figures or don't bother at all.

I keep seeing people suggest HT shouldn't make the Affleck suit out of rubber, but it looks like a suit that would be made of rubber imo. It doesn't look like a suit that would be made of fabric.

Superman's looks like it could be made out of rubber too, but it wasn't.

Yeah no rubber please.

I found these, sorry if they were posted before, but as you can see they can totally do Batman just like they did MoS Superman, I can imagine HT can make a way better job, not that these look bad though.

WeYiz84.jpg

mAy56k9.jpg

Back