Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the 1/4 EB Bats. That's why I'm selling mine. It's the definitive Original Suit that I want in my collection. So I've got no need for the TF Begins Suit any more.

sure, though its tough to spot here:
6AC708BE-909B-4C8F-923E-92ACE1FC07F7-900-0000006DA155B50F.jpg

D5160C4B-2EEF-420E-8B02-99DE2F76AD66-900-0000006D9DEDEFFD.jpg

look close at the tip. it's partially flat

I use to have this... I'd purchase it but I wouldn't pay the going rates for it. I'd rather have TDK version although I do love this one.

The only real downfall I find with this compared to the dx12 is the rubber suit. Makes for pore posing options and the worry of the rubber deteriorating. Though again. I've had the OC since release and its always been fine (touch wood). Just can't pose it in anywhere near as many options as the dx12. Nature of the design though I suppose. A shame as I love the begins suit.

Yeah, I agree I don't get why these have such high prices. I honest.y thought, after this version came out that both this and the OC would drop in price. But it appears not. Strange.

The rubber used is thin and flat and yucky- compared to the beautiful rubber EB used on their 1/4 Bats...

I have one MIB and see it goes for $400 and up on Ebay..tempted to sell it to get that much cash but it's my only one..feel I might regret it later...tough choice..wish HT would do a new DX of it with quality rubber!

Nature of the beast. These shouldn't go for the prices they do but they do. Good on you if you're able to get the price, but all in all I wouldn't pay that money for the risk.

While I think the idea of another dx batman is pretty overkill I do think a new version with decent rubber, if that's even possible, would be great. With an improved head sculpt too, the reuse of the OC head for this was a pretty lazy idea. They should have corrected that long neck when they had the chance.

Nature of the beast. These shouldn't go for the prices they do but they do. Good on you if you're able to get the price, but all in all I wouldn't pay that money for the risk.

Agree, I don't think those prices are worth the risk for something that might fall apart. Glad I got both this and the OC for retail.

While I think the idea of another dx batman is pretty overkill I do think a new version with decent rubber, if that's even possible, would be great. With an improved head sculpt too, the reuse of the OC head for this was a pretty lazy idea. They should have corrected that long neck when they had the chance.

Don't you think the PERS in the cowl on this figure would be pretty effective?? One big selling point if they do do a DX...but that rubber they used has got to go...:slap

Don't you think the PERS in the cowl on this figure would be pretty effective?? One big selling point if they do do a DX...but that rubber they used has got to go...:slap

If they can do the pers well enough and not have it look like it has big weird eyes then yeah, could be great. To be honest though I'm fine with painted eyes in general. I usually find that pers makes me worried to even use it in case it breaks. But yeah, if they can pull it off and make it look good then yeah, it could be cool too. My only real want though would be a better proportioned cowl and better material for the suit. They could probably reuse the dx12 belt and grapnel gun.

Agree, I don't think those prices are worth the risk for something that might fall apart. Glad I got both this and the OC for retail.

I had the TF Bats (we're in the TF OC Bats thread, so yeah haha) and sold it once the abdomen and rubber issues came up. I loved it, but just couldn't justify holding on to something that won't last.

I'll like get DX12 Batman, but I'm waiting for a little more time to pass to see if they hold up.

I think maybe if I hadnt had them to begin with and heard all the worries about the rubber it might have put me off. Having the OC for years and not having any issues with it at all it never bothered me, just a shame you're restricted in posing options. So when the toy fairs version came out I assumed the rubber wouldn't be an issue.
Same with the dx02. Bought that when it was released and later heard all the reports of oil leaking. But if I had waited and then heard the worries I probably would have been more reluctant to buy it.

This is why I have such apprehension about purchasing the DX12. Will this have similar issues? Whats going to be the fallout? All valid concerns.

Yeah, I get what you mean. You'd think with the fabric under suit it may hold up well. It does feel a lot more safe and secure. But I guess only time will tell.

Back