1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I'm still here. And last I saw Jaxon looks to be trying to do Unreal capes now. If people refuse to see it, that's not really my problem.

That kryptonite spear argument was put to rest because when the final prototype was released that people were defending, it was pretty pale in comparison to the Tony Mei spear in terms of paint design on the kryptonite spear head AND the dull spike on the other end.

In terms of your aerospace sealant theory all I'm asking about was if you applied it to your other figures.

It's interesting that you're being hostile and super defensive about it. But oh well. No worries on my part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I'm still here. And last I saw Jaxon looks to be trying to do Unreal capes now. If people refuse to see it, that's not really my problem.

That kryptonite spear argument was put to rest because when the final prototype was released that people were defending, it was pretty pale in comparison to the Tony Mei spear in terms of paint design on the kryptonite spear head AND the dull spike on the other end.

In terms of your aerospace sealant theory all I'm asking about was if you applied it to your other figures.

It's interesting that you're being hostile and super defensive about it. But oh well. No worries on my part.

I just know from seeing it first hand that you are an argumentive hostile member who has had major problems in the past with others, and I dont want to talk to you.

I just know from seeing it first hand that you are an argumentive hostile member who has had major problems in the past with others, and I dont want to talk to you.

I'm not the one arguing with you but if that's what your eyes and head are telling you. Nothing I can do about it. I'm sure others will wonder about that aerospace sealant you're trying to promote applying on their figures.
Anyway, real life beckons...
[emoji1365]

eea9257aa93001a54a61b069ef8ebaa1.jpg

Mine has that same colouring around the legs, pretty sure that's meant to be there.

Is yours as light grey as it looks or just an effect of lighting? That's how the suit should look but mine is much darker. If I stand back a few feet I can barely make out the bat symbol on this chest, it just blends in where it should stand out against a lighter grey suit.

I wish it looked like that all the time. I took the pic near a sun filled window. I find the less ambient light the darker his suit looks (complete with brown and gold hues and all)

I like it better when the grey (and gold and brown) pop - need to work on my detolf lighting.

Can I please implore this group to please get along? We are a divided country on so many fronts let's please not argue

Else I might as well go into living room and sit with my wife.

I'm not the one arguing with you but if that's what your eyes and head are telling you. Nothing I can do about it. I'm sure others will wonder about that aerospace sealant you're trying to promote applying on their figures.
Anyway, real life beckons...
[emoji1365]

Ive used aerospace protectant on my older avengers figure on the pleather areas and so far no damage but there are figures that havent been treated that have no damage. ive seen some peeling Nick Fury coats and cracking Hawkeye tops also im hoping to prolong the pleather but dont kniw 100% it its working though.

I would personally never spray any foreign substance on my figures.

From what I can tell, the integrity of the suits on each one of my figures in my collection seem to be holding up fine. I always wash my hands prior to handling them in any way, never sprayed or applied any foreign substances on them, don't do overly dynamic poses with ones that have rubber or pleather suits, don't constantly change poses (some I've never changed the pose on) and don't constantly handle them, and try to make sure they're shielded from any sort of sunlight.

Seems to have worked okay so far. The only issue I've ever had with a few figures is the dye on clothing having a chemical reaction with paint apps on sculpts of bodies and leaving a bit of staining.

With the way I handle (or don't, rather) and care for the figures in my collection, if something ends up happening to any particular figure, it's something that was likely unavoidable in my opinion, as I wouldn't be sure what else to do to preserve them other than simply not ever take them out of the box.

From what I can tell, the integrity of the suits on each one of my figures in my collection seem to be holding up fine. I always wash my hands prior to handling them in any way, never sprayed or applied any foreign substances on them, don't do overly dynamic poses with ones that have rubber or pleather suits, don't constantly change poses (some I've never changed the pose on) and don't constantly handle them, and try to make sure they're shielded from any sort of sunlight.

Seems to have worked okay so far. The only issue I've ever had with a few figures is the dye on clothing having a chemical reaction with paint apps on sculpts of bodies and leaving a bit of staining.

With the way I handle (or don't, rather) and care for the figures in my collection, if something ends up happening to any particular figure, it's something that was likely unavoidable in my opinion, as I wouldn't be sure what else to do to preserve them other than simply not ever take them out of the box.
they degrade in the box. i bought an old A1 Hawkeye MISB that had cracking on the shoulder rubber area. i wont buy any rubber or pleather suited older figure that is MISB anymore.

they degrade in the box. i bought an old A1 Hawkeye MISB that had cracking on the shoulder rubber area. i wont buy any rubber or pleather suited older figure that is MISB anymore.

Of course. Keeping them MISB won't prevent it from having any issues. However, it does make you not privy of what the extent of the damage may be, being that you've never opened it. Ignorance is bliss. You can pretend that it's still pristine and still all nice and shiny inside.

Any of you guys store your figures with silica gel packets? Would they dry out the rubber? Hot Toys ships all of their figures with them.

I look after mine the same way as you describe and only ever handle them to briefly repose or switch postition to make room for a new figure etc. In terms of creating that trinity display I'm wondering if the Batman pose with the grenade gun held into his chest, both arms bent causing the suit to crease, might not so wise afterall. May just have have all three in fairly standard museum poses now.

When you talk about shielding them from sunlight do you simply mean behind glass in a case or completely blocking the sun from getting to them? I have mine in a glass case but facing a window that is about 10 feet away. Starting to wonder if I need additional UV protection on the glass for them.

I look after mine the same way as you describe and only ever handle them to briefly repose or switch postition to make room for a new figure etc. In terms of creating that trinity display I'm wondering if the Batman pose with the grenade gun held into his chest, both arms bent causing the suit to crease, might not so wise afterall. May just have have all three in fairly standard museum poses now.

When you talk about shielding them from sunlight do you simply mean behind glass in a case or completely blocking the sun from getting to them? I have mine in a glass case but facing a window that is about 10 feet away. Starting to wonder if I need additional UV protection on the glass for them.

Glass alone will not save them this is how I display mineKIMG0881.JPG

I have a Thermometer which shows humidity etc in the room. I'll use a dehumidifier if it gets too high, also watch temp. change.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking also. My Supes has already always been in a museum pose, so he's good. The only thing I'm worried about with him is the suit fusing at the arm pits, but I don't want to disrupt the pose he's in to look because I spent a lot of time making minor tweaks to it to get it exactly how I want. Last time I looked they were fine, so I assume they're good.

I may just have Batman holding the grenade launcher in one hand at his side, so the suit at the elbow isn't creased.

Keeping the sun from indirectly getting on them. I don't have any of my display cases in locations where direct sunlight hits them, but there's a brief moment in the morning based on the location of the sun where it hits a window and redirects onto one of my cases for about 10 mins. I just try and remember to place a blanket over the case to block it.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking also. My Supes has already always been in a museum pose, so he's good. The only thing I'm worried about with him is the suit fusing at the arm pits, but I don't want to disrupt the pose he's in to look because I spent a lot of time making minor tweaks to it to get it exactly how I want. Last time I looked they were fine, so I assume they're good.

I may just have Batman holding the grenade launcher in one hand at his side, so the suit at the elbow isn't creased.

Keeping the sun from indirectly getting on them. I don't have any of my display cases in locations where direct sunlight hits them, but there's a brief moment in the morning based on the location of the sun where it hits a window and redirects onto one of my cases for about 10 mins. I just try and remember to place a blanket over the case to block it.

I might have to think about using a blanket of some sort or UV filter on the windows. Probably OCD and over the top but I'm paranoid about them fading. :lol

I think I'll do the same regarding Batman holding his grenade launcher, not worth the risk of having him overly articulated for a long period of time.

Thats sad to spend all the money to stare at a pile of cardboard boxes. I have display case's and open shelf's. I 'd rather appreciate my collection and worry later about damage.

Back