1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mafex is hit or miss sometimes. Figuarts has more consistency, but some of the new Mafex stuff looks ****ing incredible for the scale.

I'm glad we have options between the two companies for some figures. Can't wait to see what they can build upon with further competition!

Yeah SHF generally have nicer sculpts but that SS Joker doesn't quite make the cut. Mafex did better there. As long as they keep improving on their QC, i will probably keep buying. Excited to see JL figures from either companies, seeing as how Bandai has already fired the first round with those Batman pics.

The more in-hand pics I see, the more I like this WW. She looks great, and although at some angles the sculpt does seem off, it looks like most people are able to work around that. Very excited to have this one. Eventually.

The more in-hand pics I see, the more I like this WW. She looks great, and although at some angles the sculpt does seem off, it looks like most people are able to work around that. Very excited to have this one. Eventually.

It'll be worth the wait
c82e4d95f335c4c1b229f7a6acb3f612.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My sentiments also. I thnk overall, she turned out great. Extremely stoked to finally receive this soon. Right now my worst nightmare is finally receiving it and opening the box to a defective figure. :lol

Never received a figure though with any major defect and I hope this isn't the first.

Come on, guyver. More pics!

I just can't get myself to buy this figure. I think Gal is gorgeous and the protos for this and the training had more of her likeness. Thai figure has been Barbie'd and genericized to fit the image of Wonder Woman that DC wants to promote.
b1fe69971e81c5e9d8bc76107669def1.jpg

Wait, you think the proto sculpt for this figure had a better Gadot likeness? I personally still would have been happy with the proto myself, but the final sculpt bears way better of a likeness to me even with its minor faults.

The change was demonstrably for the better, in my opinion.

Wait, you think the proto sculpt for this figure had a better Gadot likeness? I personally would have been happy with it myself, but even with its minor faults, the final sculpt bears way better of a likeness to me.

The change was demonstrably for the better, in my opinion.

Yeah I agree. While it has it's shortcomings, it's certainly much much better than the prototypes. Not sure how anyone can say the prototype has better likeness than the final version.

Yeah I agree. While it has it's shortcomings, it's certainly much much better than the prototypes. Not sure how anyone can say the prototype has better likeness than the final version.

Same here. It's all in the eye of the beholder though, but still. It's really no contest to me. :duff

My sentiments also. I thnk overall, she turned out great. Extremely stoked to finally receive this soon. Right now my worst nightmare is finally receiving it and opening the box to a defective figure. :lol

Never received a figure though with any major defect and I hope this isn't the first.

Come on, guyver. More pics!

Good luck ! Hopefully u don't have the same problem I had on my 2nd Wonder Woman figure 🤣. I had to send that one back to Secret Base to have it exchanged.

There's a noticeable shine on the neck area on most if not all Wonder Woman figures left on there because of the plastic cling wrap that Hot Toys applies on their figures. When you take the plastic cling wrap off you see this...
c0c6e40924d283268e5fe29c47156650.png

My other WW figure had a similar shine but not to this extent.
Maybe the longer the plastic cling wrap is on the neck area, stored in the box, the more evident the shine.

1cb76a2d1560f93ffd873d544a883c23.png

Hopefully HT takes notice of the neck tape issue before they ship out the bulk.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

HT/ Ruining a $250 figure with a piece of plastic that does absolutely nothing to protect the figure. lol

Where's da Jesus facepalm

Isn't the plastic there so that the neck isn't damaged by the part of her head that lays against it? Granted, I think some other material or method should've been used.

Back