1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone who has the shiny skin version (or had it) like it better than the new version?

Had it..but had to exchange it because of the defective knee joint. I miss the shiny skin, but I do like the improved articulation on the shoulders more with this current second run more.

I thought and now having both and doing my usual extreme posing with both versions. I can honestly say the newer version makes extreme movement so much better and now instead of feeling the tightness with the shiny skin version around her shoulders, now..everything flows so much smoother and it seems like natural human movement..trust me. I wouldn’t go extreme posing on her if I knew she couldn’t handle it.

This pose made me in cringe with the shiny skin version because I felt some resistance with the shoulders. No more

This flows so much better

Had it..but had to exchange it because of the defective knee joint. I miss the shiny skin, but I do like the improved articulation on the shoulders more with this current second run more.

I thought and now having both and doing my usual extreme posing with both versions. I can honestly say the newer version makes extreme movement so much better and now instead of feeling the tightness with the shiny skin version around her shoulders, now..everything flows so much smoother and it seems like natural human movement..trust me. I wouldn’t go extreme posing on her if I knew she couldn’t handle it.

This pose made me in cringe with the shiny skin version because I felt some resistance with the shoulders. No more

Love that she can do that pose now but it doesn't really work without a more fierce looking sculpt IMO. I really wish HT would give each figure two sculpts.

Love that she can do that pose now but it doesn't really work without a more fierce looking sculpt IMO. I really wish HT would give each figure two sculpts.

I here ya, but it’s a minor nitpick ..the overall presence and design really makes this top notch among female figures IMO. I think whenever the JL and WW film versions come out, it will make the figure complete.

I'm jealous. I wish I had both versions so I could compare and contrast. I wonder how much more valuable the LE shiny skin version will be later on down the road?

I'm jealous. I wish I had both versions so I could compare and contrast. I wonder how much more valuable the LE shiny skin version will be later on down the road?

Side by side comparison would be interesting. As for "value" later on down the road? I don't think there is much chance that it will hold some special value for being "rare" down the road. Actually, I wouldn't count on any of these figures having long term escalated value, or even hold there value, way down the line. I think in the short game figures can rise in value, but future collectors will move on to the next thing in years to come and when we all (or our families) begin to unload our collections in the future there will be plenty of them around, and most likely in good condition from being kept by collectors. At some point the scarcity we all feel when something sells, out or is even a few years old and "rare" because the people who bought them are holding on to them" will turn around and the after market will completely change. Just my take, but I wouldn't collect these as an investment. I collect them to enjoy them.

It wasn’t that a significant difference that you feel you missed out. It just look like she was sweating . I will say , that the hair on the shine body was more of a mess to work with

I have plenty pics of V1

That loose defective knee joint on V1 was such a pain, I had no choice but to get it replaced ..don’t regret my decision one bit.:lecture

Last edited:
Normally I would take better aesthetics over better articulation any day of the week and twice on Sunday, but I don't see that vast of a difference between the first batch with the slightly shinier skin and the second batch with the seemingly improved articulation and a less amount of a creasing problem. I'd go for the second batch if possible.

Normally I would take better aesthetics over better articulation any day of the week and twice on Sunday, but I don't see that vast of a difference between the first batch with the slightly shinier skin and the second batch with the seemingly improved articulation and a less amount of a creasing problem. I'd go for the second batch if possible.

:exactly:

I contacted both Hot Toys and Sideshow asking for feedback on how to properly care for and prevent damage to the seamless WW body. I didn't hear back from Hot Toys which was no surprise because I didn't purchase directly from them. But Sideshow, who IMO has phenomenal customer service practices, did respond (text is below with names omitted). They provided basic common sense guidelines. But I'm still very happy they replied. FYI on how to care for and maintain integrity of your Hot Toys Wonder Woman's seamless body.
Sideshow Support
to me
18 hours agoDetails
- - - - - - - - - Please Reply Above This Line - - - - - - - - -

sideshow.com

D. Y*** (Sideshow)
Sep 28, 2:52 PM PDT

Hello J*****,

For items with rubberized skin like this, repeated friction can cause these kinds of issues. For instance, posing her head in different directions enough times will cause the head's material to grind against the rubber, which could possibly exacerbate the existing defect. To avoid this, I would suggest, removing Wonder Woman's head first before replacing it in your desired position. The same idea also applies to her hands and feet.

Additionally, make sure to keep your figure in a relatively cool environment and out of direct sunlight, as this can also shorten the item's lifetime and cause degradation.

I hope this helped. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

Also G1, thanks for your feedback about the shiny body figure. I bought an extra authentic HTS WW head sculpt from a China based ebay store. And I wonder if it's from the shiny body batch because the hair on it is much more corse and difficult to tame vs. the hair on the boxed figure (second batch) I received from Sideshow.

My Trinity with the SS Batman. I'm really happy with the way that this display turned out.

I'll post a few more pictures of Batman in the thread dedicated to that product.

ht_trilogy__2017_10_15-1.jpg

I contacted both Hot Toys and Sideshow asking for feedback on how to properly care for and prevent damage to the seamless WW body. I didn't hear back from Hot Toys which was no surprise because I didn't purchase directly from them. But Sideshow, who IMO has phenomenal customer service practices, did respond (text is below with names omitted). They provided basic common sense guidelines. But I'm still very happy they replied. FYI on how to care for and maintain integrity of your Hot Toys Wonder Woman's seamless body.
Sideshow Support
to me
18 hours agoDetails
- - - - - - - - - Please Reply Above This Line - - - - - - - - -

sideshow.com

D. Y*** (Sideshow)
Sep 28, 2:52 PM PDT

Hello J*****,

For items with rubberized skin like this, repeated friction can cause these kinds of issues. For instance, posing her head in different directions enough times will cause the head's material to grind against the rubber, which could possibly exacerbate the existing defect. To avoid this, I would suggest, removing Wonder Woman's head first before replacing it in your desired position. The same idea also applies to her hands and feet.

Additionally, make sure to keep your figure in a relatively cool environment and out of direct sunlight, as this can also shorten the item's lifetime and cause degradation.

I hope this helped. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

There are other tips that will help as well per usual SSC has no clue about, but it’s nice they gave you some response, but it’s pretty much a sum of what the already prewritten instructions suggest :lol

Did Sideshow really tell you anything that you didn't know?

No. Absolutely they only provided common sense guidelines. But considering how much these cost (and defect occurred in less than 30 days), it is very much appreciated they responded. And more importantly, it's necessary they address these kinds of QC issues. I know everyone just wants to post about the fun factor, but the endurance factor(s) per figure are needed to know and understand in order to continue having fun with figure. I also believe it's necessary to hold manufacturers and distributors accountable for their product's performance.

So with the peeling, does it appear to be actual paint coming off, or just an outer layer of whatever HT uses to seal the bodies? Can't really tell from the pics...

Only from extreme posing there is very minimal peeling, it’s just a spot or two of the outer most layer of skin so to speak.

Think of when you get a bad sunburn..when you heal you see that the skin is peeling because it is being replaced underneath so it looks like shedding than the texture being damaged. The texture is still there, just looks like it’s flaking a bit. :lecture

No paint detroration at all

This is nothing IMO..i’ve seen so much worse on a Phicen that it’s tragic.

Back