Hot Toys Christopher Reeve DX Superman petition.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Capedwonder:

" There's news going around that Hot Toys will be releasing an MMS 1/6th scale Christopher Reeve Superman figure. Their Batman looks excellent. SideShowCollectors.com's forum discusses the Reeve figure here and here. "

Saucy!

I remember when I was after a Superman figure back in the late 80's. They were so hard to get a hold of, the good ones.

christopher-reeve-superman-fas-a2b90.jpg

SupermanChristopherReeve.jpg

christreevesup6.jpg

Christopher_Superman_Reeve.jpg

:D

From Capedwonder:

" There's news going around that Hot Toys will be releasing an MMS 1/6th scale Christopher Reeve Superman figure. Their Batman looks excellent. SideShowCollectors.com's forum discusses the Reeve figure here and here. "

The 'news' they speak of could just be us here you know, seeing as they link here.

Hope not of course, but just saying.

Last edited:
The main thing is.......I hope Hot Toys is paying attention to us here. Otherwise it's all for nothing.

Over on Arnie Kim's blog, a fan asks Arnie whether he'll ever sculpt a 1/4 HD Christopher Reeve Superman like the new Bruce Lee statue. Arnie's friend, the wonderful painter Lalla, responds on Arnie's behalf that Enterbay can't do one because "Hot toys already announced that they are supposed to make it in this year." I don't think Lalla means Hot Toys is venturing into 1:4 scale. It seems that news travels from Hong Kong to Korea faster than it does across the Pacific and through the language barrier. I'd not give up on Hot Toys. Their latest newsletter ends, "More licenses announcement is coming. Hold your breath and expect some more surprises from us in 2010-11!"

On Arnie's blog Lalla adds, "However I am expecting that Arnie makes it as his personal working ver. Christopher Reeves' Superman!!" At this point Arnie himself chimes in to add, "Superman is my FFFFFavorite movie. l will open sculpt soon."

Not sure if by "open" Arnie means "reveal" or "begin," but this can only inspire Hot Toys to excel.

Bummer not seeing a figure, or even a Superman shield as part of the HT catalog. Still, it hasn't been dis confirmed and its always possible they're saving it for a different reveal.

My dates are all messed up - is the Hong Kong show after the Japanese one? Has it been and gone? And if not, it might make sense that such an anticipated product would be announced on "home soil" (HT is a Hong Kong company, right?)

Or am I talking through my butt again?

I'm assuming you all saw your Hot Toys news letter...

New License ahead

Amid fans' expectation, we are now proud to present the new licenses for the second half year of 2010!

The Expendables, Tron Legacy, Resident Evil: Afterlife, Michael Jackson: Smooth Criminal, and last but not least, Spider-man 3!

Stay tuned with us for the collectibles! More licenses announcement is coming. Hold your breath and expect some more surprises from us in 2010-11!

No Superman this year. :(

But my wallet says: :banana

I'm assuming you all saw your Hot Toys news letter...

No Superman this year. :(

But my wallet says: :banana

Just saw this on my e-mail. Absolutely LAME.

Although, notice the absence of PLATTON announcement, yet the figure has been shown. Perhaps Supes will be at SDCC and still fly out of HK this year. HOPE! HOPE!
(Hope can drive a man insane)

Last edited:
It's with a heavy heart that I now believe this figure is not going to happen :monkey2

Same here. Much like the promise of classic Tron from HT, I'm going to assume this will end up being a mistranslation or mis-quote situation, and no Reeve Superman is forthcoming. It's been too long since this was leaked to not even have an official announcement by now.

Just because it's not in a newsletter doesn't mean anything. I expect to see him and more at SDCC. Hoping for Spidey.

Well, I'm among the pessimistic ones now...

Obviously, Superman is too good for HT. They prefer crap licences like Platoon or MJ...

Sure, after all, who needs a Superman when you can just whore out the Iron Man line and make money with it...

I'm disappointed....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back