Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

Told you no way the new episode could live up to the premiere. Pure filler.

How is it "filler"? Events are moving forward with a specific goal in mind, that's all I will say to avoid spoilers on release-day.

We now know some stuff, including that traveling out of hyperspace is a pretty bad idea for more than one reason.

We now know that this New Republic is a pretty serious PITA.

This season seems to be upping Mando's bad-assitude cred significantly. What's not to love about that?! This guy is not to be trifled with! He is gonna give Fett a hell of a fight.

Evidently this kid is planning on eating his way across the parsec: if its not nailed down, kiddo will eat it. He dont even think twice, he just noshes on down. He's a mini-Galactus! Kid is so adorable I am fighting the impulse to order the 1:1 scale version. I already HAVE a baby Yoda, I dont need two...!

I enjoyed the episode and at least it was not Mando rallying the local townsfolk to defeat an imminent threat, AGAIN. I have no complaints.

Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

I believe what most of us have a hard time dealing with is the slow pace. In the end though, it is sort of a given in that format. Compared to a Star Wars movie where the goal must be achieved in the span of two hours, a series will take its time to setup the characters and go deeper in order to really flesh them out along the way.

Sure, i'd like the action to be less repetitive, we've already seen Mando being ambushed by villains or repairing damages on his ship following a skirmish, and the stakes getting bigger more rapidly but, in the end, i'm really enjoying the ride. After all, the experience is also about finding out what a bounty hunting Mando's life is.

In a lot of ways, the series narrative is very reminiscent of the Rebels anim?. Starting very slow, in a quiet corner of the universe and gradually opening up. I really think our patience will pay off. Clearly, we can't wait for Din to confront the big names of the Star Wars universe and there is no doubt it's coming. For now, i'll just enjoy the more quiet times and remember it's always great to get to discover new characters climbing the stairs to iconic status.

I thought the episode was visually stunning...but not very engaging from a narrative standpoint.

yeah I agree it wasn't THE best episode but as mentioned above there were many pieces of info given in this episode. I have a feeling as well that things that happened in this episode will tie in later to make it a better episode in retrospect. I have a feeling we could see X-wing pilot "Trapper Wolf" again.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Trapper_Wolf

mando with frozen armor with DX acce for the egg container and spider critters incoming

Ha yeah. Hot Toys would not blink an eyelid going for a 5th Mandalorian + child figure.

No doubt they'll release the Mando + Speeder bike version next week.

Look in all seriousness a Mando displayed like this would look stunning. I suppose it's too much to ask that they do 1/4 scale accessory pack with all these parts in.

newFile-4.jpg

Look in all seriousness a Mando displayed like this would look stunning. I suppose it's too much to ask that they do 1/4 scale accessory pack with all these parts in.

View attachment 499098

Hot Toys is proud to present The Mandalorian & Child with destroyed Swoop Bike set. Only $485USD.

Hot Toys is proud to present The Mandalorian & Child with destroyed Swoop Bike set. Only $485USD.

Do you have an official SS link for that? ;-)

Ha yeah. Hot Toys would not blink an eyelid going for a 5th Mandalorian + child figure.

No doubt they'll release the Mando + Speeder bike version next week.

It better have the Fett armor. And Cobb Vanth better be the release for the following Monday.

I believe what most of us have a hard time dealing with is the slow pace. In the end though, it is sort of a given in that format. Compared to a Star Wars movie where the goal must be achieved in the span of two hours, a series will take its time to setup the characters and go deeper in order to really flesh them out along the way.

Sure, i'd like the action to be less repetitive, we've already seen Mando being ambushed by villains or repairing damages on his ship following a skirmish, and the stakes getting bigger more rapidly but, in the end, i'm really enjoying the ride. After all, the experience is also about finding out what a bounty hunting Mando's life is.

In a lot of ways, the series narrative is very reminiscent of the Rebels anim?. Starting very slow, in a quiet corner of the universe and gradually opening up. I really think our patience will pay off. Clearly, we can't wait for Din to confront the big names of the Star Wars universe and there is no doubt it's coming. For now, i'll just enjoy the more quiet times and remember it's always great to get to discover new characters climbing the stairs to iconic status.

Dunno about most of us tho I see a fair amount of comments seeming to want a one and done movie pace vs. more of the serial or series pace Favreau said this would be. I've seen enough and feel confident in Favreau and Filoni's work that I know the end will be great. Meanwhile am settled in to completely enjoy the ride. Also, I have no strong interest in seeing Din D'jarin mesh with the "big names in Star Wars". IMO the constant film focus on Skywalker was a bit tired. I would have been happy if in the end, there was no other known character except maybe a small quiet meeting with Luke Skywalker, or something like that.

Lucas built a world and by default there was other stuff going on in that world; IMO it's a huge attraction of the show that it's set in the Outer Rim and we are getting new characters. I know a lot of folks do want a lot of OT brought in; but for me luv this other slice of the galaxy - where the Force may just be a story; we get a new dark character with unknown motivations; nobody so far is royalty, and so on, is fantastic. For me, those first Season 1 Episode 1 frames of Mando with the tracker were a breath of fresh air.

And there's small stuff I appreciate with the characters like Mandos's more easy-going approach with droids and Babys's obvious bond with Din D'jarin. That's a world away from when Mando would kind of hold him out at arm's length. Tells me the writers are paying attention to their character arcs.

Haven't been this happy since the MCU really got into gear. :bounce

It better have the Fett armor. And Cobb Vanth better be the release for the following Monday.

Yeah, I'll just as HT corporate if I can direct deposit.

Sideshow just randomly dropped a Reward Code COBBVANTH, a tease maybe?

I personally don't see any viable candidates from the last two episodes getting the figure treatment, obviously with the exception of already shown Beskar Mando + the child on speeder bike.

I personally don't see any viable candidates from the last two episodes getting the figure treatment, obviously with the exception of already shown Beskar Mando + the child on speeder bike.

You really don't think Olyphant's character has a shot at a figure? The biggest problem I see is that he takes the helmet off a lot and HT wouldn't want to sculpt him.

As for the second episode, nothing too engaging for me.

The ambush fight at the beginning of the episode was by far the best part. And I know it's scifi and I can stretch realism, but the Razor Crest would be in NO condition to even take off, let along fly through space after taking all that damage.

Dunno about most of us tho I see a fair amount of comments seeming to want a one and done movie pace vs. more of the serial or series pace Favreau said this would be. I've seen enough and feel confident in Favreau and Filoni's work that I know the end will be great. Meanwhile am settled in to completely enjoy the ride. Also, I have no strong interest in seeing Din D'jarin mesh with the "big names in Star Wars". IMO the constant film focus on Skywalker was a bit tired. I would have been happy if in the end, there was no other known character except maybe a small quiet meeting with Luke Skywalker, or something like that.

Lucas built a world and by default there was other stuff going on in that world; IMO it's a huge attraction of the show that it's set in the Outer Rim and we are getting new characters. I know a lot of folks do want a lot of OT brought in; but for me luv this other slice of the galaxy - where the Force may just be a story; we get a new dark character with unknown motivations; nobody so far is royalty, and so on, is fantastic. For me, those first Season 1 Episode 1 frames of Mando with the tracker were a breath of fresh air.

And there's small stuff I appreciate with the characters like Mandos's more easy-going approach with droids and Babys's obvious bond with Din D'jarin. That's a world away from when Mando would kind of hold him out at arm's length. Tells me the writers are paying attention to their character arcs.

Haven't been this happy since the MCU really got into gear. :bounce

It doesn't get any better than this. More character development, more world building, more lore. It's excellent.

Captain Trips also mentioned somewhere that imagine in the not too distant future (i.e next year 2021) when we are getting potentially a Boba Fett show S1 before Mando S3. Then in 2022 Cassian S1, Kenobi, Fett S2 and Mando S4 !!!!

Who needs movies ?

(P.S of course we need movies, but not ST type movies)

https://deadline.com/2020/11/the-ma...sting-disney-plus-sophie-thatcher-1234609860/

You dont think HT will want to make a Cobb Vanth figure when he rocking Boba Fetts armour? That Mandalorian armour sells toys.

You dont think HT will want to make a Cobb Vanth figure when he rocking Boba Fetts armour? That Mandalorian armour sells toys.

As much as I'd totally love a Cobb Vanth, I have a feeling Hot Toys have a lot of face sculpt figures to do at the moment. Cara Dune, Greef Karga, Moff Gideon, Ahsoka, others ? And figures with human sculpts tend to be main characters. Maybe Cobb Vanth will show up again ?

Prove me wrong Hot Toys and show us a Cobb Vanth next week !!

They said new characters from s2 would be coming. It would be great to see Cobb but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back