Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

These guys are sold out at SSC???
I believe so. I had to purchase mine through a site that rhymes with replay. When I was in the market, I did notice that BBTS had a 4-pack available, but it didn't last long.

Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

These guys are sold out at SSC???

Both versions seem to be sold out with USA sellers and international sellers have very limited quantities.

I'm trying to buy 22 of the HPP HOA Bays and none of the ebay sellers can handle that order

Last edited:

Someone was selling the 7 pack on here at the beginning of the month for a little below retail. I missed out on it by a couple days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah this is depressing. I was horsing my reward points to bring the 7 set down to $400 and use a payment plan to ease the cost. Guess that won't happen...

Maybe eBay will be nice to me... Buy 1 each month over 7 months would work... Currently don't have the space :lol

Hi All,

I have been working on a custom shelf to hold the Hall of Armor, and - finally - I am finished with the shelf and have a few pictures to show. What do you think? One thing I noticed is that the lighting in these things seems much dimmer than I thought it would be. And, the walls are not evenly lit by the lights (three distinct spots get more brightly lit than the others).

Please take a look at these pics, and let me know what you think (interested in whether you think my halls are too dim). I'm not using any batteries for the lighting, by the way. I am using a 4.5v 1.0a power adapter. I wired each wall together and also to the jack for the base lighting on the back of the halls (9 wires) and spliced in the power adapter, too. Picture 10 bare wires (one from each of the 8 walls, one for base lighting, and the power adapter) wire-nutted together.

Edit: looking back at pics of some of your halls in this thread, my lighting levels seem consistent with what I'm seeing. What do you think? The first picture below is most representative of the actual brightness level I observe in my lobby.

17171787771_0fccf5443b_c.jpg

17162303712_5bddfee3ac_c.jpg

17172379085_395721a3f0_c.jpg

17172379705_694a11d517_c.jpg

16984635448_8d06990fa7_c.jpg

17170778252_18f5a6900c_c.jpg

Attachments

• 17171787771_0fccf5443b_s.jpg
    17171787771_0fccf5443b_s.jpg
    6.4 KB
Last edited:

I need a set of seven :lol still salty it sold out at SSC without warning

Nice setup :clap
Thanks man. I need to get the lobby cleaned up but I still have more Hot Toys "furniture" I'm thinking of building.

I need a set of seven :lol still salty it sold out at SSC without warning
I missed out, too, since I got into these way too late. I ended up finding what I felt were decent deals for two sets of 4 on eBay.

Hi All,

I have been working on a custom shelf to hold the Hall of Armor, and - finally - I am finished with the shelf and have a few pictures to show. What do you think? One thing I noticed is that the lighting in these things seems much dimmer than I thought it would be. And, the walls are not evenly lit by the lights (three distinct spots get more brightly lit than the others).

Please take a look at these pics, and let me know what you think (interested in whether you think my halls are too dim). I'm not using any batteries for the lighting, by the way. I am using a 4.5v 1.0a power adapter. I wired each wall together and also to the jack for the base lighting on the back of the halls (9 wires) and spliced in the power adapter, too. Picture 10 bare wires (one from each of the 8 walls, one for base lighting, and the power adapter) wire-nutted together.

Edit: looking back at pics of some of your halls in this thread, my lighting levels seem consistent with what I'm seeing. What do you think? The first picture below is most representative of the actual brightness level I observe in my lobby.

View attachment 179743

View attachment 179744

View attachment 179745

View attachment 179746

View attachment 179747

View attachment 179748

Wow, that's a killer layout! I see you have a 1:1 suit hiding away back there :clap. Very, very nice start

It's hard to judge from the pic and with the area being so dim, but I do kind of feel that mine is brighter using batteries.

But look closely through this thread before you decide to do something to up the juice. Someone early on used to much power and blew their set of seven. (I'm wiring-illiterate so I can't give you specifics)

Thanks man. I need to get the lobby cleaned up but I still have more Hot Toys "furniture" I'm thinking of building.

I missed out, too, since I got into these way too late. I ended up finding what I felt were decent deals for two sets of 4 on eBay.
Your set does look great and it just pushes me to get the 7 to finish my IM3 display. What are the shelves you have for the HPP suits?

Yeah only need 7, dont wanna be stuck with an extra. Ugh so irritating. I've been following eBay prices, they have been dropping so I might be able to follow suit in the next couple months.

Wow, that's a killer layout! I see you have a 1:1 suit hiding away back there :clap. Very, very nice start

It's hard to judge from the pic and with the area being so dim, but I do kind of feel that mine is brighter using batteries.

But look closely through this thread before you decide to do something to up the juice. Someone early on used to much power and blew their set of seven. (I'm wiring-illiterate so I can't give you specifics)
Thanks! Yes, I have a 1:1 Mark VI in the other corner. I have pics of it, as well as the rest of the theater, in the link in my signature block.

I definitely will not be trying to up the voltage; I have read this thread and saw that some burned out their units that way. I am also keeping up with the custom hall of armor projects thread, too. In case anyone is interested, I described exactly how I wired them in this post. I'm hoping someone can validate that I'm not dropping voltage somewhere.

The lobby is dimmer than a normal room; I don't have a ton of lighting down there by design, since it's a dedicated theater lobby and a little darkness tends to increase the "effect" I was going for. That may contribute to the perception of the Halls of Armor appearing dim...

Your set does look great and it just pushes me to get the 7 to finish my IM3 display. What are the shelves you have for the HPP suits?
Thank you! I made the shelves myself, using 1/2" sanded plywood, because I couldn't find any pre-made shelving that worked in my lobby. I can elaborate, if anyone is interested. The top of the shelf holds the Hall of Armor, and the bottom part is the HPP shelf.

Yeah only need 7, dont wanna be stuck with an extra. Ugh so irritating. I've been following eBay prices, they have been dropping so I might be able to follow suit in the next couple months.
I felt that way about the 8th too, but I might try to find a way to incorporate it into my lobby display. Maybe put it on a small wall shelf and put a Mark 45 in it or something. Or, I may just try to sell it if I change my mind.

Thank you! I made the shelves myself, using 1/2" sanded plywood, because I couldn't find any pre-made shelving that worked in my lobby. I can elaborate, if anyone is interested. The top of the shelf holds the Hall of Armor, and the bottom part is the HPP shelf.

I felt that way about the 8th too, but I might try to find a way to incorporate it into my lobby display. Maybe put it on a small wall shelf and put a Mark 45 in it or something. Or, I may just try to sell it if I change my mind.

Wow nice workmanship there.bive berm thinking about building my own but I don't have the time

Looks awesome! Did you custom build and sink the other display into the wall?

you mean automistake, thats what I call it :lol

:lol yeah.. I had no idea that I posted that.

Has there been any negative qualities about these? I've been so caught up in getting a set I never bothered to look if there were any negative feedback

I think the only negative is the curvature size. It's so massive that it's hard to display all seven, (or eight if you bought two four-packs).

Yeah I heard about the size and curve but it's hard to actually critique that because that how it is in the movie :lol

Back