Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So its been confirmed (or at least suggested) that Trevor is not involved?

That would be too bad... but at the same time the sculptors at HT are as good as it gets, so I'm confident we'll still get a killer figure.

Nothing on that front has been confirmed.

Oh, so more speculation being bantered about regarding a few sentences and an image :lol :lol :lol

These threads get pretty ridiculous fast these days... can someone wake me when we have some real details :lol

I don't know. Yes, character choices contributes to a line's longevity, but I don't think it was the main determinant in the Indy line. Sideshow gave us heavy hitters like Belloq, Toht, and Jones, Sr. I don't think any of those were mistakes (may have been a mistake giving us Belloq in a suit, but I don't think that would have made a huge difference). Mola Ram was very possibly cost prohibitive for Sideshow. I don't think Marion would have sold well, despite big fans wanting her, because she's just not all that interesting looking as a toy. And I'm not sure a Map Room Indy would have sold well, either, because he's not going to appeal to the less hardcore Jones fans out there.

Indy is an incredibly popular character and is going to sell if done right (every Sideshow Indy release had a flaw or drawback of some sort which held back his true selling potential, IMO), but I'm not sure the supporting cast has a great chance to succeed as collectibles, no matter what type of collectible you are referring to. I just don't think this license has that kind of appeal, so I don't think selection of this character over that one played the kind of role you are speaking of. Just my 2 cents.

Good points, but when you buy the main figures you would like something to accompany them on the shelf. Marion would look great next to Indy, especially in her bar outfit. Belloq and Toht were good choices, but Belloq in the white outfit? It should have been in the Jungle gear, or at least included it just so you could reenact the face off they had at the start of the movie.

I agree about the safari outfit. That's probably what has kept me from buying. Even though he only wore it for a few moments at the beginning of the film, it is much more memorable than the white suit he wore later on, and if the figure had that, you could probably tell who the character is supposed to be even if the sculpt was off (which it is). As it stands, it just looks like some generic guy in a white suit.

I think if ANY character is done well from this line (especially Star Wars), people will be wowed by it and get it. HT does that 95% of the time. :) I have faith in what they're planning.

This thread is getting really gay really quick, come on dudes. Kiss and make up Maglor & NAMmers. There is room enough for both of you, even though I agree with only one of you.

the think that killed sideshow indy line was the quality...
i tempted many times to buy an indy by sideshow when i saw the prototypes but when i saw the final result i ran away...
i am sure now that with hot toys superior quality and a succesful sculpt, indy will sell in notime and will became an instant classic...
indy, superman, t800, are of the most iconic heroes ever...
i have indy vs mola by sideshow and is great but to expencive. i have rotla premium but i had to repaint it...and now i have order tod that sideshow had the idea to remove the whip of indys hand (like you remove lightsaber from jedis) :)

also why not a complete line?
for me, simply i dont care....i only collect the most important and iconic character for these prices...
and final
i hope also to see a 007 line by hot toys
i would love to have some smokin bonds by hot toys...

also why not a complete line?
for me, simply i dont care....i only collect the most important and iconic character for these prices...
and final
i hope also to see a 007 line by hot toys
i would love to have some smokin bonds by hot toys...

:exactly:

Indy will be more than enough and display better as an icon on his own shelf.

Anybody else hoping for a weathered set of clothes and head sculpt?
indianaa.png

Anybody else hoping for a weathered set of clothes and head sculpt?

I have no doubts that the clothes will show a nice ammount of weathering. I don't know if they'd try to get a sweaty shirt but things will be dirty. I just hope we get a good portrait that can wear the hat and doesn't have cuts and things on it.

That's something I'm not sure will happen. Hot Toys always seem to favour the netural look. It would be cool if figure had it though

Oh I agree completely. I really do not see it happening, but it is what I would want most from the figure.

I don't know why anybody would think Trevor would do the Indy sculpt. This is a Hot Toys figure. Trevor is a Sideshow sculptor. We didn't get a Yulli sculpt on the Jack Sparrow PF, we didn't get a Sideshow sculpt on the MMS T-800.

Anybody that writes off the Indy DX simply because Trevor isn't doing the sculpt is being pig-headed.

Well, it's a collaborative project between Hot Toys and Sideshow, so it could be possible--not that it's necessary, Hot Toys has some great artists. And Sideshow artists have done work for other companies at the same time that they work for Sideshow.

To JIM's post, I think there were a combination of things, that include price, quality, character availability, and character selection.

Regarding the smirk, I'm fairly confident we'll be getting 2 head sculpts like we did with Bruce Lee--one smirking and one neutral/focused. Hopefully each will have switch out hair/hat(s)/map room wrap options and googly eyes. Would be nice if we got 2 non-neutral expressions (one smirking, and one horrified or even angry), since I've got a nicely repainted Sideshow head that I plan on keeping. But, I don't imagine this will be the case. Neutral head seems a lock.

577 speculative posts with not a single tidbit of verified information :lol

Speculation threads are worse than the crap petition threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back