Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, you've noticed that too? I thought I was the only one.
Why wouldn't people be? Hot Toys, in a lot of people opinions, does the best 1/6 movie figures out there. Look no further then Platoon. I have the 3 main figures from SST and was happy with them. Now after seeing how HT did with Chris I'm not so happy with them anymore. Expect to receive my HT Chris soon, have Barnes on pre-order and will get Elias. HT is just that much better. I do think Soldier Stories military figs are comparable though.

ETA I may have misunderstood post. Still though, I imagine some people may pic up a figure that HT is doing because they know HT will do the figure justice.

Last edited:
Please God, no...

cinemaquette_indiana_jones_figure__1_.jpg

I think I misunderstood your post, Josh. Yes, Hot Toys will give you more interest in a certain franchise, for sure. Sideshow Indy was one of my first 1/6 scale figures, and I like the character and films a lot, but I'm not a big enough fan to buy or pay attention to any Indy-related collectible out there. Similarly, I love the Star Wars films, but I'm not interested in the background characters and troops so much that Sideshow seems to be focusing on nowadays, so I've stayed out of those threads. Hot Toys means 1/6 scale excellence, and personally, that's gonna get my attention if they do a license I'm remotely interested in.

Folks who have an interest in the character or series will have an interest. I was saying folks who really know nothing of the character are all over this just because Hot Toys is doing it. Thats what I was getting at.

As far as the quality of HT stuff. You won't get an argument from me they make damn good stuff. Like I said yesterday they specialize in the ridiculous. :lol

They're quite expensive yeah. If the likeness was better it would be awesome.

Yeah I like that apart from the Likeness. Has there ever been a good likeness on those cinemaquettes?!

Yeah I like that apart from the Likeness. Has there ever been a good likeness on those cinemaquettes?!

Non Humans,their Predator is very nice,but when it comes to humans is a total disaster.The latest one, Superman he looks sick or something.:slap

Folks who have an interest in the character or series will have an interest. I was saying folks who really know nothing of the character are all over this just because Hot Toys is doing it. Thats what I was getting at.
I hadn't noticed that, but it would not surprise me if people bought anything Hot Toys just because Hot Toys made it. I suppose it is like people who buy designer vinyl dolls, or even those Drafthouse posters to some extent. Some people just like the types of product a company produces, no matter what the specific design or license.

I hadn't noticed that, but it would not surprise me if people bought anything Hot Toys just because Hot Toys made it. I suppose it is like people who buy designer vinyl dolls, or even those Drafthouse posters to some extent. Some people just like the types of product a company produces, no matter what the specific design or license.

I noticed cause I was seeing names I don't recall ever seeing in the Indy section before. Hell, even to trash SS stuff till HT said they would be doing it. I like the Drafthouse posters they're pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back