Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a guy who just flew in from Hong Kong, he said Arnie Kim's brother told him that Hot Toys would put up pics 4 days after his wife's 15th wedding anniversary.

Mark your calendars. It won't be long now.

Seriously people, get a grip. All it is, is people are assuming that the head is resculpted. . . and then there's assumptions that pictures will be taken of something that has assumed to have been done. There's like a 4% chance of seeing new pictures.

Sarcasm, nice! You kind of got my hopes up with the whole Arnie Kim's brother thing though. :(

no offense but I care about the quality of the sculpts he produces, not if he has any brothers.

Oh well, I've never really followed the Kim family tree.:wink1:

You should, it's quite fascinating. I've been to Korea, and EVERYONE is named Kim over there.

I had seen Arnie's old Indy sculpt (and always liked it) and, of course, his Bruce Lee sculpts but I was checking out his FB page and he has done a lot of really great work. His Rocky, Capt Miller (Tom Hanks), and Mr. Bean are awesome! While I am in the minority, and actually like the HT Indy, it is nowhere near as good as some of his other work...I wonder why?

HT reckon they did try initially go down the PERS route with Supes but that it didn't achieve an acceptable Reeve likeness. So we'll have painted eyes on Supes instead and it sounds like few people have a problem with it.

Was Kim just having an off day with this Indy sculpt, or does the PERS inevitably adversely impact on Ford's distinctive Indy squint? If it is the PERS and not Kim's errant sculpting knife, HT are surely not about to throw out the PERS on this figure and have painted eyes on Indy instead... or might they offer a second HS, one with PERS, one without?

My money is on a revised PERS HS. Speculation sure doesn't satisfy like an updated pic or two.

You should, it's quite fascinating. I've been to Korea, and EVERYONE is named Kim over there.

I had seen Arnie's old Indy sculpt (and always liked it) and, of course, his Bruce Lee sculpts but I was checking out his FB page and he has done a lot of really great work. His Rocky, Capt Miller (Tom Hanks), and Mr. Bean are awesome! While I am in the minority, and actually like the HT Indy, it is nowhere near as good as some of his other work...I wonder why?

...Was Kim just having an off day with this Indy sculpt, or does the PERS inevitably adversely impact on Ford's distinctive Indy squint? If it is the PERS and not Kim's errant sculpting knife, HT are surely not about to throw out the PERS on this figure and have painted eyes on Indy instead... or might they offer a second HS, one with PERS, one without?

My money is on a revised PERS HS. Speculation sure doesn't satisfy like an updated pic or two.

Do you think it could be a different Arnie Kim ?

btw Lejuan good point

HT reckon they did try initially go down the PERS route with Supes but that it didn't achieve an acceptable Reeve likeness. So we'll have painted eyes on Supes instead and it sounds like few people have a problem with it.

Was Kim just having an off day with this Indy sculpt, or does the PERS inevitably adversely impact on Ford's distinctive Indy squint? If it is the PERS and not Kim's errant sculpting knife, HT are surely not about to throw out the PERS on this figure and have painted eyes on Indy instead... or might they offer a second HS, one with PERS, one without?

I definitely agree with you... I wish this Indy didn't have PERS now that I look at it, whereas PERS are perfect for figures like Jack Sparrow and Joker IMO.

Got it on preorder eventhough the first sculpt wasn't too impressive, the accessoires and look of the clothing look briliant.

are there any new pics out there yet??? do you think indy is the only figure they will do from the indy movies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back