Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They just play the "newb " card when they have nothing better to say... :lol

Well if I called you an attention seeking tard that probably breast fed on your mommy until you were 5 years old, I'd probably get an infraction. So I won't call you that.

As much as I want this figure, I can't justify $250 on something that looks a little off. Especially when compared to the other HT figures being show. But I'll still have some hope for a tweaked sculpt.

:lecture Let the fanboys spin it however they want. At the end of the day they're still spending $250 on something less than 100%

:lecture Let the fanboys spin it however they want. At the end of the day they're still spending $250 on something less than 100%

everything is less than 100% nothing is perfect. accepting imperfections is the way to :)

sometimes its better if you dont have to look to hard to find it is all.

Well if I called you an attention seeking tard that probably breast fed on your mommy until you were 5 years old, I'd probably get an infraction. So I won't call you that.

Awww...some people just can't play nice... And it was until I was 6 years old, but who's counting?

Anyway, I'm too hot to keep going around in circles. :duff

But going around in circles is what this thread is all about! :wink1:

Glad to see a little love for this figure at least, but why does everything have to turn into a battle between those who like something and those who don't? And why does it always have to degenerate into name calling and insults? Either you like it or you don't...why does everyone feel the need to get everyone to join "their side"? I mean, we have people saying "Vote with your wallets"...I am voting with mine, I POed him day one. I don't have $250 to drop on every figure that comes along, but this one I do. I don't expect others to feel the same way though. It personal preference. No one is going to convince me not to buy it, at the same time, I am not trying to convince anyone else that they should.

I usually don't get into the photoshop business, but it's easier this way in Indy's case.

Here's what I see as wrong and was hoping to see improvements on:

breakIndydown.jpg

The brevity of my comments might not explain everything; like that the holster is also too large and the wrong shape, or that the shoes didn't really have that large white stitching on top, or that a real braided whip as an idea is cool but the scale makes it look toyish...

I'm fine with the pants and the shirt (which I didn't mention). That's about it really. Everything else, even if you feel it's good enough, is simply inaccurate.

So it isn't JUST the sculpt here. It's a whole array of issues that keep this figure from getting to the level of Sparrow or Joker or Captain American or Superman or Bale Batman...

Even IF they fix the sculpt, this guy still has a lot of 'nits' to pick on.

Last edited:
Awww...some people just can't play nice... And it was until I was 6 years old, but who's counting?

But going around in circles is what this thread is all about! :wink1:

Glad to see a little love for this figure at least, but why does everything have to turn into a battle between those who like something and those who don't? And why does it always have to degenerate into name calling and insults? Either you like it or you don't...why does everyone feel the need to get everyone to join "their side"? I mean, we have people saying "Vote with your wallets"...I am voting with mine, I POed him day one. I don't have $250 to drop on every figure that comes along, but this one I do. I don't expect others to feel the same way though. It personal preference. No one is going to convince me not to buy it, at the same time, I am not trying to convince anyone else that they should.

There was no name calling, it was hypothetical

I usually don't get into the photoshop business, but it's easier this way in Indy's case.

breakIndydown.jpg

The brevity of my comments might not explain everything; like that the holster is also too large and the wrong shape, or that the shoes didn't really have that large white stitching on top, or that a real braided whip as an idea is cool but the scale makes it look toyish...

I'm fine with the pants and the shirt (which I didn't mention). That's about it really. Everything else, even if you feel it's good enough, is simply inaccurate.

So it isn't JUST the sculpt here. It's a whole array of issues that keep this figure from getting to the level of Sparrow or Joker or Captain American or Superman or Bale Batman...

I agree pretty much on all points, but wanted to add that I think the shirt's a problem as well--collar's too big and dammit button that sh-- up! It's not Guido Indy here! All he needs are some gold freaking chains!

You pretty much covered it Wor-Gar, except I would add that the jacket is the wrong color as well (IMO) which really bothers me. Should be a much darker brown, bordering on black.

breakIndydown.jpg

Here we go again!!:panic::panic:

Hey here's an idea!!

Don't buy it!!

also i know a lot of people are talking about waiting for a TOD jones. but of me ROTLA is the one true film that represents indiana jones. this look that HT is going for is it! ROTLA jones is truly apart of my in the holy grail of 1/6 collectables. (EDIT: "this look that HT's is going for 'from raiders' is it 'for me'! 'this' ROTLA jones is truly apart of my holy grail in 1/6 collectables.") 3 figures to represent my 3 fav films of all time. its this jones, a bespin luke and quint. now im pretty lucky cause soon i get two of them. flawed or not. subjective!

now if HT was ever to tackle jaws...

Last edited:
Not in Raiders...

Maybe just the Cairo scene without his jacket...

well ya but thats still raiders. also there is the poster from raiders with his shirt open. again that pic is from the cairo scene as well.

Last edited:
You know, now that I'm thinking about it, if yo really weathered this HT Jones alot -- I mean, like he was during the plane fight -- he might then work. He'd have to be really filthy though. That's the best way for him to be anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back