Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I already said I wasn't.

What?

I agree with you on JAWS!

:slap

sorry.. "this look that HT's is going for 'from raiders' is it 'for me'! 'this' ROTLA jones is truly apart of my holy grail in 1/6 collectables.

me speak better than me type. :peace

There is a pretty simple solution to this. JUST DONT BUY IT. :dunno I dunno, but it seems to be a pretty good solution if you ask me. If you dont like it, no one is forcing you to buy it. Let those that do enjoy the figure buy it and enjoy it.

EDIT: I see you have said you arent buying. Cool. Good for you. :) Now why continue to come in here if you have no interest in buying?

I usually don't get into the photoshop business, but it's easier this way in Indy's case.

Here's what I see as wrong and was hoping to see improvements on:

breakIndydown.jpg

The brevity of my comments might not explain everything; like that the holster is also too large and the wrong shape, or that the shoes didn't really have that large white stitching on top, or that a real braided whip as an idea is cool but the scale makes it look toyish...

I'm fine with the pants and the shirt (which I didn't mention). That's about it really. Everything else, even if you feel it's good enough, is simply inaccurate.

So it isn't JUST the sculpt here. It's a whole array of issues that keep this figure from getting to the level of Sparrow or Joker or Captain American or Superman or Bale Batman...

Even IF they fix the sculpt, this guy still has a lot of 'nits' to pick on.

There is a pretty simple solution to this. JUST DONT BUY IT. :dunno I dunno, but it seems to be a pretty good solution if you ask me. If you dont like it, no one is forcing you to buy it. Let those that do enjoy the figure buy it and enjoy it.

EDIT: I see you have said you arent buying. Cool. Good for you. :) Now why continue to come in here if you have no interest in buying?

i dont like to speak for others.. but i do like to try. im sure he would love to buy it if it was to "blow" him away. so maybe he is here hoping for 2 things..

1- pictures of supposed improvements. :monkey2

2- maybe someone will convince him that this dx isnt as bad as he thinks. :hi5:

he comes here cause he wants to buy this figure like we all do.

savvy?! :lecture

i dont like to speak for others.. but i do like to try. im sure he would love to buy it if it was to "blow" him away. so maybe he is here hoping for 2 things..

1- pictures of supposed improvements. :monkey2

2- maybe someone will convince him that this dx isnt as bad as he thinks. :hi5:

he comes here cause he wants to buy this figure like we all do.

savvy?! :lecture

Understandable, but as he points out this is far from "worth buying" to him, so he should just move along.

I think some you are missing worgor's point. If they could fix most of what's wrong with this figure many, and I do mean many, would buy it.

I think some you are missing worgor's point. If they could fix most of what's wrong with this figure many, and I do mean many, would buy it.

I really dont see them completing overhauling the whole figure just to make the ____ retentives happy. Especially this late in the game.

I can see the fixing/tweaking of the head sculpt and thats about it. Those complaining about the color of his belt....I mean...Really?? Some people need to get out of the house more. I dont think anyone...And I MEAN ANYONE is going to come over to that persons house, look at his collection and say "Shiat man, you got this here Indiana Jones figure and HIS BELT IS THE WRONG COLOR, YOURE LAME."

Seriously, some people need to let go a little bit.

I MEAN ANYONE is going to come over to that persons house, look at his collection and say "Shiat man, you got this here Indiana Jones figure and HIS BELT IS THE WRONG COLOR, YOURE LAME."

if they dont fix it and i go over to his house and see it in his living room.. your damn right im goin to call him out on it!! not just the belt either.

Now why continue to come in here if you have no interest in buying?

Seriously? That's your response. Don't make a comment if you don't like it.

Do you see my avatar? I'm a big Raiders fan, much bigger than you I can assure you. And I've been a huge supporter of this entire Indy section. But I gotta call 'em like I see 'em.

Again, one man's opinion. But isn't that what the internet is? Opinions.

I'm keeping my eye on you. You say one frickin' thing that's a differing opinion anywhere and I'm gonna be on you like ____.

:gun by the way this (to the right) is a better likeness than the SS jones. must be the paint job ;)

Seriously? That's your response. Don't make a comment if you don't like it.

Do you see my avatar? I'm a big Raiders fan, much bigger than you I can assure you. And I've been a huge supporter of this entire Indy section. But I gotta call 'em like I see 'em.

Again, one man's opinion. But isn't that what the internet is? Opinions.

I'm keeping my eye on you. You say one frickin' thing that's a differing opinion anywhere and I'm gonna be on you like ____.

i just read this while looking at your pic. kind of scary actually :horror

The sculpt, hat and jacket are the things I'm most concerned with, as they are the most important components of the character IMO.

And to those that suggest "then don't buy it." We won't, I'm not planning to, but that doesn't address the fact that I desperately want a quality (in terms of accuracy) 1/6 representation of Indiana Jones in my collection. I always thought that if HT got the license it would be an almost guaranteed home run, and to my utter disappointment I was wrong.

I am a huge Indiana Jones fan, and I reserve the right to _____ about this enormously squandered opportunity until my heart's content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back