Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly? I don't think there IS a difference, it's the same head. The "tweaks" that folks have been attributing to the 'Cairo head' are just a matter or different quality light from different angles casting shadows in different direction across the head (which is 2/3 concealed on the Cairo outfit) of a figure that's been photographed from different angles at different shows. Oh, and the eyes have been re-aligned due to the PERS ability. All the fundamental features of the sculpt remain the same between 'regular' Indy and 'Cairo' Indy. The shape of the lips, the nasolabial folds, the shape of the nose, the furrows of the brow - all the same. If there is a refined head sculpt, it hasn't been shown off publicly yet. Aside from the off-the-mark sculpted Ford likeness, my other major concern with this figure is how the damned hat perches atop Indy's head; it's the main element of the costume that reeeaaalllly throws a monkey-wrench in the likeness of Ford as Indy. Two days ago, I went from a thread with photos showcasing the new HT Sweeney Todd to this thread and a picture of Indy with the too-small hat, looking very non-Indy...it was a bummer. Still holding on to hope, though! :pray::pray::pray:

:goodpost::exactly::exactly:

$250 is still insanely too much for this figure... i wish it didn't have all the crap i will never use with it... Maproom clothes (seriously, who cares?) and the idol base would still probably not get used.

Therefore, i feel i still have to pass and i am sure i will regret it later if it's tweaked and look amazing... but i just can't drop that much cash on a "maybe."

M.

Only in your eyes !!!

You seem to have a lot to say about almost everything but never really look at the facts.

Here they are!!!

1. Hot Toys release prototype of Indiana Jones in Dec 2010

2. Big out cry from fans not happy with head sculpt and etc.

3. Jan/ Feb 2011 Arnie Kim tells forum that sculpt is till being worked on and is not Final.

4. People contact Hot Toys and get emails replying " Not Final product there will be changes and tweaks.

5. Comic Con 2011 the same prototypes are shown with two different head sculpts.

6. People panic and contact Hot Toys. Same reply once again " Not Final product there will be changes and tweaks."

7. Ani - com once again the same prototypes are shown with two different head sculpts.

8. This week Toyhunter confirms what some of us could see but were shot down that there is two prototype heads sculpts and they are not the final and he is sold out!!

So there we go they are the actual stages and facts.

If i have missed anything please anyone correct me.

So all the other rubbish that we are going to see a new head sculpt every week and Hot Toys have not addressed this situation.

Most of all this thread has been people's vivid imagination.

Well said mate, but it looks like minds are made up. Anybody who says that Cairo head looks rubbish, might as well not even bother getting excited for this figure.

By the way to people who says it's light, it was confirmed there are two head sculpts, if you think different then you might as well say that the source of the information is a lie

They both look the same to me, difference in picture quality and direction of the eyes aside. :dunno

Honestly? I don't think there IS a difference, it's the same head. The "tweaks" that folks have been attributing to the 'Cairo head' are just a matter or different quality light from different angles casting shadows in different direction across the head (which is 2/3 concealed on the Cairo outfit) of a figure that's been photographed from different angles at different shows. Oh, and the eyes have been re-aligned due to the PERS ability. All the fundamental features of the sculpt remain the same between 'regular' Indy and 'Cairo' Indy. The shape of the lips, the nasolabial folds, the shape of the nose, the furrows of the brow - all the same. If there is a refined head sculpt, it hasn't been shown off publicly yet. Aside from the off-the-mark sculpted Ford likeness, my other major concern with this figure is how the damned hat perches atop Indy's head; it's the main element of the costume that reeeaaalllly throws a monkey-wrench in the likeness of Ford as Indy. Two days ago, I went from a thread with photos showcasing the new HT Sweeney Todd to this thread and a picture of Indy with the too-small hat, looking very non-Indy...it was a bummer. Still holding on to hope, though! :pray::pray::pray:

Read Stanmores post page 406!!!!!

You might want to read and do some homework on the 410 pages of pages of information on this subject. Two head sculpts have been confirmed. If you can't see it no problem but once again it has been confirmed .

So those of us who can see it and are happy with it and this is not even the final sculpt which again has been confirmed

We only see that as a bonus !!!:yess::yess:

:slap:slap:slap

Last edited:
Read Stanmores post page 406!!!!!

You might want to read and do some homework on the 410 pages of pages of information on this subject. Two head sculpts have been confirmed. If you can't see it no problem but once again it has been confirmed .

So those of us who can see it and are happy with it and this is not even the final sculpt which again has been confirmed

We only see that as a bonus !!!:yess::yess:

:slap:slap:slap
I think we understand that two headsculpts have been confirmed.

They are almost identical and both substandard likenesses of Ford.

:slap:slap:slap:slap

Thats what i think of when i Read some postings (lyrics from sweeney Todd):

Easy now.
Hush, love, hush.
Don't distress yourself,
What's your rush?
Keep your thoughts
Nice and lush.
Wait.

Hush, love, hush.
Think it through.
Once it bubbles,
Then what's to do?
Watch it close.
Let it brew.
Wait.

I've been thinking, flowers--
Maybe daisies--
To brighten up the room.
Don't you think some flowers,
Pretty daisies,
Might relieve the gloom?
Ah, wait, love, wait.

Slow, love, slow.
Time's so fast.
Now goes quickly--
See, now it's past!
Soon will come.
Soon will last.
Wait.

Don't you know,
Silly man,
Half the fun is to
Plan the plan?
All good things come to
Those who can
Wait.

Gillyflowers, maybe,
'stead of daisies.

I'm wondering if the issue with the hat is that the "hat hair" isn't what we're seeing on the proto, thus leading to the hat sitting so high. To me that's the thing that really makes it kind of wonky looking.

In that side by side pic, it's obvious that his nose is shaped differently. It has that classic Ford bend to it now.

I dunno. This thread has just become a pissing match between people who have hope and believe what we've been told (by multiple sources), and people who just want to dislike this figure, regardless.

It really should have been locked by now.

So why did you pay up front for a product that you are obviously unhappy with ??? :slap :cuckoo:

Because it's a Hot Toys Indiana Jones. Something that I could not, not buy. And because I am still hoping for an improvement.

Remember back for a moment? When this was announced. A Hot Toys Jones, really? oh my god! Beyond some collectors wildest dreams ( me! ). But then the reality set in. This sculpt and outfit is substandard. And here we are, many months later. The majority of posts in this thread are negative. Now I know there are always going to be haters, but there are also a lot of fans in here, who like me were always going to buy this regardless.
Because of that, I believe I have every right imaginable to have issues with this sculpt. It's ok. Just ok. But what a wasted opportunity?

I hope like everyone else that this improves drastically on release. Because as protos go, it's one of the worst HT have ever released, and I don't care if that's 1,2 or 30 versions out there. They are not good enough IMO.

Because it's a Hot Toys Indiana Jones. Something that I could not, not buy. And because I am still hoping for an improvement.

Remember back for a moment? When this was announced. A Hot Toys Jones, really? oh my god! Beyond some collectors wildest dreams ( me! ). But then the reality set in. This sculpt and outfit is substandard. And here we are, many months later. The majority of posts in this thread are negative. Now I know there are always going to be haters, but there are also a lot of fans in here, who like me were always going to buy this regardless.
Because of that, I believe I have every right imaginable to have issues with this sculpt. It's ok. Just ok. But what a wasted opportunity?

I hope like everyone else that this improves drastically on release. Because as protos go, it's one of the worst HT have ever released, and I don't care if that's 1,2 or 30 versions out there. They are not good enough IMO.

Of course your are in tilted to your opinion!!! :peace

But what you are saying is that you are not hater of the figure but you want it to improve drastically than what you are seeing now.

Don't you think that is contradicting?

Anyway I'm quite happy with what I am seeing now and whatever changes are made as i said I only see as a bonus.

The crazing thing is that everyone is very nieve to think that Hot Toys and SS don't read or watch these threads.

It is the best marketing and research tool and we all banging away on all their products.

And it is costing them nothing!

Just remember..

GIANT FONT = THE TRUTH!!!!

Little font like this should be ignored.

BIG BIG FONT MEANS IT'S A FACT!!!!

:wave

The majority of posts in this thread are negative.

That's because it's the same 10 people posting OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER in this thread saying how bad the sculpt is.

Of course your are in tilted to your opinion!!! :peace

But what you are saying is that you are not hater of the figure but you want it to improve drastically than what you are seeing now.

Don't you think that is contradicting?

Anyway I'm quite happy with what I am seeing now and whatever changes are made as i said I only see as a bonus.

The crazing thing is that everyone is very nieve to think that Hot Toys and SS don't read or watch these threads.

It is the best marketing and research tool and we all banging away on all their products.

And it is costing them nothing!

I don't think Rorywan is contradicting himself. He's saying he WANTS a great, Hot Toys quality Indy, but is terribly disappointed that Hot Toys has let him (and many others) down.

I agree the Cairo disguise one is a bit of an improvement, but neither of those sculpts are great. If that is indeed the final sculpt, then that is still disappointing because it's still not as good as anything else Hot Toys has been doing in the past year.

We're all after the same thing. We want the perfect Indy that we THOUGHT Hot Toys could do. Maybe they'll get him right when they do a TOD Indy!

Yep, I canceled my preorder...the economy is tough right now, and there are too many new orders that will need to be placed in the future- Indy did not make the cut.

Lets hope Hot Toys can make this right (if not on this one, then another one). Oh and ____ you, Arnie Kim :moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back