Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
God, I really want this guy, but with all of the other stuff ('89, Begins, Supes) I don't know if I can swing it. My only worry is that, with the already hefty $250 pricetag, he'll be a _____ on the secondary market. Another issue is that it'd ruin my whole DC exclusive aesthetic. Indy is the hardest to miss out on, though. He's just such an awesome character, and the fact that this is from Raider's and is a DX only makes it that much more painful.

Whattado, whattado, whattado...:gah::gah::gah::thud:

Do you think it's possible that HT has thrown in the towel on this figure?

Been saying this for quite some time (out of aggravated fear that its true mostly).

If they haven't thrown in the towel, then this is the most strangely neglected figure on HT's DX list. I mean, look at all the pics they are throwing around for '89 Batman and Joker.

When they got something good, they know it and they show it.

This one, seems like its been a 'weird little secret' since the first reveal: some vague talk about revisions but nothing clear, no new pics in forever, same old figures at shows... does that really smell right to you?

Anyway, same old same old. We'll know soon enough when those first in-hand pics come out of asia. Until then, we're all just speculating.

Arnie Kim can do better than this prototype sculpt. Just look at his updated Superman sculpt.

Hot Toys are just playing games with all these ____ty prototype sculpts they keep showing us.

I bet they have a 100% Indy sculpt they will pull out for Hot Toys Indy 2.0 or 3.0

They're just trolling us as usual.

Been saying this for quite some time (out of aggravated fear that its true mostly).

If they haven't thrown in the towel, then this is the most strangely neglected figure on HT's DX list. I mean, look at all the pics they are throwing around for '89 Batman and Joker.

When they got something good, they know it and they show it.

This one, seems like its been a 'weird little secret' since the first reveal: some vague talk about revisions but nothing clear, no new pics in forever, same old figures at shows... does that really smell right to you?

Anyway, same old same old. We'll know soon enough when those first in-hand pics come out of asia. Until then, we're all just speculating.

:lecture

Look at Jack Sparrow, Joker, Keaton Bats, the new Begins bats, how much press they got, not just from hot toys themselves, from Milk, Plastic Enemies, they are letting everyone they can and their mother photograph those masterpeices from every imaginable angle and shove them down our throats to sell the ____ out of those figures.

Look at Indy. He's the half retarded step child hidden away in the attic in a crate or in a far more impressive polystone map room covered by an old beach towel to hide his shame.

:lecture

Look at Jack Sparrow, Joker, Keaton Bats, the new Begins bats, how much press they got, not just from hot toys themselves, from Milk, Plastic Enemies, they are letting everyone they can and their mother photograph those masterpeices from every imaginable angle and shove them down our throats to sell the ____ out of those figures.

Look at Indy. He's the half retarded step child hidden away in the attic in a crate or in a far more impressive polystone map room covered by an old beach towel to hide his shame.

Early on there was a lot of press from HT, Milk, and Plastic Enemies...it's just that, other than appearances at cons, we haven't seen much of anything since then.

Question is, is Hot Toys hiding Indy because of his bad sculpt and ignore it anyway just like Dastan.. or are they hiding it for a surprise when it's released, with an awesome sculpt revision?

But why surprise release when they can just reveal it now and attract more buyers.. sigh.

All signs point to a $h1tty release. Damn me for buying 2!

no damn you for being a fool who hasn't see anything and is doubting Hot toys.

Look at this forum, is there any other section with that many hits/threads?

Indy needs no help in sales. If you bought 2 your a freakin Genius.

You make a strong point. It's kind of crazy that Indiana jones has his own section here. Really upsetting for HT not to be calling yard on is one! But maybe that's it.. It's the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs and the bases loaded. HT is coming up to bat! Hopefully they are pointing to deep left field on this one. This will reflect just what kind of company HT is?! We will all find out I in the coming months.

Let me throw this out there.
Do ya think that current/recent/forthcoming movies or properties take a priority in getting the figures out while they are still fresh in the memory of movie goers / fans ? or in the case of forthcoming films with the anticipation of what looks (hopes) to be a good film ?
so... If I'm HT, I want to make sure I get Expendables, Inglorious Basterds, Sucker Punch out in time for the films release or at least DVd s release.
I thought the idea of licensed properties was to generate interest in the films

Where as with Indy, you are talking about an Iconic / Historic film character that appeals to folks who first saw him 30 yrs ago or 20 or 10. So it may not matter to HT if it comes out Dec 2010, Sept 2011, Dec 2011 or May 2011. It might be logical buissines sense to put it on the back burner in favor of something more current.

Is Assassin Creed gonna be as popular 30 years from now ?
Will people be looking for an Aldo Raine figure 5 years from now ?
Sucker Punch--- Well I don't even wanna think about

Let me throw this out there.
Do ya think that current/recent/forthcoming movies or properties take a priority in getting the figures out while they are still fresh in the memory of movie goers / fans ? or in the case of forthcoming films with the anticipation of what looks (hopes) to be a good film ?
so... If I'm HT, I want to make sure I get Expendables, Inglorious Basterds, Sucker Punch out in time for the films release or at least DVd s release.
I thought the idea of licensed properties was to generate interest in the films

Where as with Indy, you are talking about an Iconic / Historic film character that appeals to folks who first saw him 30 yrs ago or 20 or 10. So it may not matter to HT if it comes out Dec 2010, Sept 2011, Dec 2011 or May 2011. It might be logical buissines sense to put it on the back burner in favor of something more current.

Is Assassin Creed gonna be as popular 30 years from now ?
Will people be looking for an Aldo Raine figure 5 years from now ?
Sucker Punch--- Well I don't even wanna think about

I thought this was common knowledge? :lol

That would indeed seem to be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back