Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
of course if I were there "partner" Sideshow Toys, I would be ticked off if it were'nt ready in time for the release of the Tanis map room. That is sceduled for 1st 1/4 2012

..and Indy's an iconic figure. He's a legend. If Hot Toys managed to sculpt him right and proud of it, I'm sure they'll put him everywhere like what they did with Batman n Joker 89.

They aren't proud with their Dastan figure, so they hide it, and release it, and now they forget about it. Same thing might goes to this Indy, because HT can always make a better headsculpt for Indy on his next release, "the Temple of Doom" DX. Who knows. All they care is money anyway. Sales, sales, sales. Hence Joker Ledger DX v2.0.

Last edited:
I have to admit, not having seen or heard anything new in such a long time and getting increasingly close to the (estimated) release date, I am getting very worried :(

All I want (and I'm sure many others with me) is for this figure to be awesome! :) Come on HT! Make it happen!

Not again, give it a rest on the sculpt. It is what it is - improved or not, buy it or don't. I have great faith with HT and yes I'm talking about Alioce, too.

I think I have more faith in Alice getting fixed (or that those new pics that surfaced are simply distorted) because it's so grotesquely bad. There's no way HT (or any self-respecting company) would release that.

Indy's sculpt is still a beautifully rendered face, it just doesn't look enough like Ford (to me and many others). As it is apparent here, this opinion seems to be subjective. And although it's certain they are making changes to the sculpt (Arnie has been quoted as saying so), it's a matter of how much of a change they will make. Will the changes be enough to make it look like Ford? Or did they think that the original sculpt was already good enough and they're just going to slightly touch up his upper lip or something minor like that?

I think I have more faith in Alice getting fixed (or that those new pics that surfaced are simply distorted) because it's so grotesquely bad. There's no way HT (or any self-respecting company) would release that.

Indy's sculpt is still a beautifully rendered face, it just doesn't look enough like Ford (to me and many others). As it is apparent here, this opinion seems to be subjective. And although it's certain they are making changes to the sculpt (Arnie has been quoted as saying so), it's a matter of how much of a change they will make. Will the changes be enough to make it look like Ford? Or did they think that the original sculpt was already good enough and they're just going to slightly touch up his upper lip or something minor like that?

Agreed- it will be great when released- HT has too much at stake to even be alittle short on this one. In hand pics first- then you can B**** guys!

You bring hope to my heart, Jim. :yess:

..and Indy's an iconic figure. He's a legend. If Hot Toys managed to sculpt him right and proud of it, I'm sure they'll put him everywhere like what they did with Batman n Joker 89.

They aren't proud with their Dastan figure, so they hide it, and release it, and now they forget about it. Same thing might goes to this Indy, because HT can always make a better headsculpt for Indy on his next release, "the Temple of Doom" DX. Who knows. All they care is money anyway. Sales, sales, sales. Hence Joker Ledger DX v2.0.

Like you said indy's a legand but Dastans not. That's my hope that HT go out there way to get this right because Indy's not going to fade away from our memory's like Dastan did.

Like you said indy's a legand but Dastans not. That's my hope that HT go out there way to get this right because Indy's not going to fade away from our memory's like Dastan did.

Makes sense. Well, Indy's close now. Let's just wait and see.. I really want to jump in happiness later when I see the released figure review.. "yeaaah! that's Indy!"

You look at how bad this hat is, and then you look at DX 89 Jokers hat and you wonder why people are kicking up a storm about it.

You look at how bad this hat is, and then you look at DX 89 Jokers hat and you wonder why people are kicking up a storm about it.

I can actually imagine Hot Toys actually getting up to 89 DX jokers by the time they've milked that property

I agree that the hat is the biggest issue on the figure. I am ok with the head sculpt but I do hope they pull a Blade on us and give us a new excellent head last minute.

I'm hoping that the earlier explaination that the hat was positioned high only for photographs so it would'nt obscure the eyes or cast a shadow is accurate. That seems like a reasonable explaination. If the hat is flexible and could be pulled down and/or repositioned I'd be ok. I also am not that bent out of shape over the sculpt. The hat is another story/

I'm hoping that the earlier explaination that the hat was positioned high only for photographs so it would'nt obscure the eyes or cast a shadow is accurate. That seems like a reasonable explaination. If the hat is flexible and could be pulled down and/or repositioned I'd be ok. I also am not that bent out of shape over the sculpt. The hat is another story/

Im in the same boat. I dont have a problem with the sculpt (never have), but I have always thought the hat sat high on the pics and Im hoping it can sit lower. Hell I just hope its removable with his hair still attached to his head. That way at least Id be able to cut it down some on the inside in case it doesnt sit lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back