Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No new pictures EVER !!!!. :mad:

ETC, ETC! You get NOTHING! Good day, sir.

tumblr_lc5wh11ULP1qzq4qro1_400.png

People want new pictures, but the figure is delayed. That tells me it's not ready yet, so no new pictures.
Where is Jack's smiling sculpt? That's right it's not ready yet.
Pics will come, just before release day. If you think it won't look any better than it does now, then you should cancel it now.

just cos this comes out in japan november doesn't mean it won't come out in hong kong earlier. the ht japan website says the spiderman 3 goblin will come out in october yet it was released in august in hong kong.

just cos this comes out in japan november doesn't mean it won't come out in hong kong earlier. the ht japan website says the spiderman 3 goblin will come out in october yet it was released in august in hong kong.

Goodshipped was told a month ago that Indy was delayed
Anyway I just checked a Goblin never had a change of sale time, it just came out earlier than expected

Man I really want a Wonka figure. I watched Young Frankstein and World's Greatest Lover this weekend and Gene Wilder is such a great actor.

I'm sure you will get the chance soon but a Depp Wonka ;) I'm with you though, Wilder is a legend!!

Those terrible scenes wouldn't have been any better with 80's special effects.

The way I see it though, they wouldn't have even tried it in the 80's, and the movie would have been spared those embarrassing scenes. Sometimes I wish directors were still limited special effects wise...

The way I see it though, they wouldn't have even tried it in the 80's, and the movie would have been spared those embarrassing scenes. Sometimes I wish directors were still limited special effects wise...

^^ exactly what i was gonna say.. :rotfl you beat me to it.

In The Complete Making of Indiana Jones, it talks about a lot of the hair brained ideas Lucas had for the original films, but Spielberg kind of reigned him in. Apparently he let the reigns loose with KOTCS, because in reading a lot of that stuff, KOTCS all of a sudden made sense. Hopefully if there's an Indy 5 Spielberg will take more interest in it.

Unfortuantely Spielberg has always lost interest fast when it comes to sequels. He's no Cameron in that sense. Lost World suffered the same fate as Last Crusade. About the best sequel Steven ever made as director was Temple of Doom, 30 years ago, and even that was a far cry from the original material. I have no faith in a 5th sequel by these guys.

Unfortuantely Spielberg has always lost interest fast when it comes to sequels. He's no Cameron in that sense. Lost World suffered the same fate as Last Crusade. About the best sequel Steven ever made as director was Temple of Doom, 30 years ago, and even that was a far cry from the original material. I have no faith in a 5th sequel by these guys.

My understanding is that a lot of the dark stuff in Temple was because of Lucas.

RAIDERS stands alone, and always will... but TEMPLE OF DOOM is so much better than LAST CRUSADE. I love that it's the most unashamedly pulpy of all of the INDY films.

My understanding is that a lot of the dark stuff in Temple was because of Lucas.

Yeah, he was going through his divorce at the time. A lot of that worked its way into the tone of the movie, obviously. And some not so subtle... it features a dude literally getting his heart ripped out of his chest for crying out loud. That might be slightly symbolic. :lol

RAIDERS stands alone, and always will... but TEMPLE OF DOOM is so much better than LAST CRUSADE. I love that it's the most unashamedly pulpy of all of the INDY films.

:goodpost::exactly::exactly::goodpost:

Every Indy film seems to have a different tone. Temple was the dark, 30's pulp stuff with an exotic villain, a stoic hero, a damsel in distress, etc. Raiders has that 40's adventure serial vibe to it, even capturing some of the propaganda aspects with Indy fighting Nazi's. I think the problem with Last Crusade is that it had too many of the same aspects as Raiders, and it couldn't hold up to the quality of it's predecessor.

I admire them for trying to follow the same theme with Kingdom of the Crystal Skull , as they tried to capture the classic sci-fi/Anti-Red stuff from the 50's, but they failed to capture the essence of Indy in the process. KOTCS was a good idea, but it was poorly executed.

Doom > Crusade IMO

If you can get past Kate's annoying performance. Yeah, I know her character was supposed to be annoying, but it was too annoying.

As Wor-Gar said earlier, Raiders was a perfect popcorn Movie. It may never be surpassed the way things are today. All credit to Larry Kasdan, he wrote 2 of the greatest popcorn Movies in History (along with ESB). I rate Die Hard too, as a perfect 80s film as did most everyone else (it got like a 95 on Rotten Tomatoes). Jeb Stuart, who adapted Roderick Thorpe's book "Nothing Lasts Forever", was also asked by Lucas to cobble together the 1st draft of Indy4 called "Saucer Men From Mars".

Those were the days!

Last edited:
Okay, you're right. James Bond, John Rhys Davies, Nazis, and the holy grail are in no way better than a whiny little kid, a shreiking bimbo, Indian cultists and some glowing rocks. :cuckoo:

Yeah Donovan kicks Mola Ram's a## any day of the week.

And I, like Indy, had no idea Donovan was even the bad guy! It was those white shoes, you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back