Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's all this?

They are all great films!!

What's all this Last crusade was a bad film?

It was the highest grossing film of 1989 behind Batman.

I saw all of the films in the cinemas.

I was very young when I saw Raiders but i will never forget the reaction of all age groups loving crusade and people going to see it more than once again and again.

The tank chase scene is one of the best.

And seriously Short Round he was painful then and he is even more now.

What's all this?

I was very young when I saw Raiders but i will never forget the reaction of all age groups loving crusade and people going to see it more than once again and again.

Short Round painful??????

You no say bad thing about Short Round. In Hong Kong, we call Temple Of Doom "The Amazing adventures of Short Round ft. Doctor Jones".

I don't see anyone saying LAST CRUSADE is a bad movie. It's not. It and KOTCS are just the weakest links in the series, very far off from RAIDERS. A lot of us put TOD #2 because it's wholly unique and does more than just attempt to ape the RAIDERS formula.

And you can like CRUSADE more than RAIDERS. That's fine. No accounting for taste. But if you truly believe it's a better made film you may actually be clinically insane.

What's all this?

Three Men and Baby was the highest grossing film of 1987 (try to watch it today - I dare you.) High B.O. does not = good film.

I actually enjoyed LC in the theater, can't say the same for KOTCS. People rag on KOTCS, but it WAS cringe-inducing - LC was not (for the most part.) HF still cut an iconic figure in LC.

I find that LC is a bit like the Ewok thing - didn't love it at the time, but compared to what came later, meesa liking it now.

TOD has much stronger visuals though, despite aforementioned Shorty and Willie. It attempted to take Indy in a new direction (despite this not being wholly successful.)

I don't think TLC was a far cry from Raiders. It had its own feel and I like it as much as the others. The father/son chemistry really made it. As long as Indy has someone to play off of, it's great.

Last Crusade was i the theaters for about four weeks before I decided to see it. To be honest nothing in the trailer excited me. Keep in mind I was in grade 9. One day a few friends and I had our parents drop us off to watch it. I was completely blown away.

Short Round was awesome in TOD. Looking back I always thought..."isn't that what a best supporting character nomination should be"! He was not Shia Labouf in a Indiana Jones movie...he was Short Round

To this day I still quote him...

"Dr. Jones no time for love"
"speaking chinese the ...OK you ask for it" (car chase at the beginning)
"Playing with you not fair..you cheat..you big I very very small"
"You call him Dr. Jones doll"

Also if you notice KOTCS had no theme song.

Last Crusade was i the theaters for about four weeks before I decided to see it. To be honest nothing in the trailer excited me. Keep in mind I was in grade 9. One day a few friends and I had our parents drop us off to watch it. I was completely blown away.

Short Round was awesome in TOD. Looking back I always thought..."isn't that what a best supporting character nomination should be"! He was not Shia Labouf in a Indiana Jones movie...he was Short Round

To this day I still quote him...

"Dr. Jones no time for love"
"speaking chinese the ...OK you ask for it" (car chase at the beginning)
"Playing with you not fair..you cheat..you big I very very small"
"You call him Dr. Jones doll"

Also if you notice KOTCS had no theme song.

I loved all the TOD themes, great job from Williams.

My rank:
1. Raiders -10 out of 10! Perfect movie!
2. Temple - 9 out of 10! Very fun yet dark movie!
3. Last Crusade - 8 out of 10 Really good but a level below the others.

No rank for KOTC since it was so bad. 0 out of 10. What the hell were they thinking?!?!?

And you can like CRUSADE more than RAIDERS. That's fine. No accounting for taste. But if you truly believe it's a better made film you may actually be clinically insane.

Better than Temple of Doom, yeah, but who the ____ thinks Last Crusade is better than Raiders?

I loved all the TOD themes, great job from Williams.

My rank:
1. Raiders -10 out of 10! Perfect movie!
2. Temple - 9 out of 10! Very fun yet dark movie!
3. Last Crusade - 8 out of 10 Really good but a level below the others.

No rank for KOTC since it was so bad. 0 out of 10. What the hell were they thinking?!?!?

Right...on the money but I'd give KOTCS some points. Sans the stupid-ass gopher/Marcus' head falling off his statue in the beginning KOTCS doesn't really start falling apart until right after the graveyard scene when Indy doesn't use his gun...just part time. :lol I want an

What Indy film you like best has everything to do with what age you were when you saw it (especially in the theater). Seems like anywhere between 14 and 19 is a very magical age for male film viewing because most everyone's favorite films generally come out of this period. It seems to set the base for all other comparison.

So if your first Indy experience in the theater was Crusade, chances are you like that best (even if you recognize that Raiders is better filmmaking). I grew up with the first one, so all others pale by comparison. Doom comes second for me because it is a completely different adventure...when they were planning Indy as a Bond series type thing with wholly new locales and girls and villains with each sequel. That didn't last long before they ran back to 'formula' to try and cash in.

What I liked about LC aside from being a great movie is how it and Raiders mirrored Star Wars (A New Hope) and Return of the Jedi in a couple ways.

The iconic villan

Nazi’s in first and third movie - Death Star in first and third

The return Home

University (teaching in classroom) in first and third movie
Back Home on Tatooine in first and third movie

Both TOD and Empire stepped away form the original movies giving us something entirely different. Then the third picture brought back elements from the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back