Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying they're better, but I would say Donovan and Ilsa stack up pretty well to Belloq and Toht. Donovan is just as greedy, vile, and slimey as Belloq or Toht...and Ilsa, well Indy's love interest turns out to be the enemy.

What Indy film you like best has everything to do with what age you were when you saw it (especially in the theater). Seems like anywhere between 14 and 19 is a very magical age for male film viewing because most everyone's favorite films generally come out of this period. It seems to set the base for all other comparison.

So if your first Indy experience in the theater was Crusade, chances are you like that best (even if you recognize that Raiders is better filmmaking). I grew up with the first one, so all others pale by comparison. Doom comes second for me because it is a completely different adventure...when they were planning Indy as a Bond series type thing with wholly new locales and girls and villains with each sequel. That didn't last long before they ran back to 'formula' to try and cash in.

Technically I saw TLC first but come on...ROTLA is the best. It's science!

Can't we get back to how bad this sculpt is? :monkey1

Your sculpt is bad! :(

Last Crusade has an iconic villain?

Anyone who says General Veers is a liar.

I would say Donovan and Ilsa stack up pretty well to Belloq and Toht.

:horror :horror :horror

Better -- than -- TOHT!? Toht? :mad:

Seriously, Donovan is about as lackluster a villain as you can get. No screen presence, no power, no threat, not a great costume, not a great voice, no weapon of choice, no sinister plot, no secret base...

I would say Donovan and Ilsa stack up pretty well to Belloq and Toht.

seriously???
Exploding_head.jpg

:horror :horror :horror

Better -- than -- TOHT!? Toht? :mad:

Seriously, Donovan is about as lackluster a villain as you can get. No screen presence, no power, no threat, not a great costume, not a great voice, no weapon of choice, no sinister plot, no secret base...

I said they're NOT better. Learn to read.

And yeah, I'm sticking to what I said. Stack up pretty well? Yes, I think so. Are they better or even as good? Definitely not.

If the German Mechanic isn't the very definition of an iconic villain then I have no idea why they have been reenacting the Flying Wing Fight with him every single day for the past 30 years at 2 of the world's largest theme parks.

Not to mention the Giant Chicken in Family Guy doubling for him in the Peter fight and all the other pop culture referances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back