Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Indiana Jones In Hand Pics

I am not an Indy fan, nor did I buy this figure. But, this head sculpt IMO is not bad at all. I see a young Harrison Ford Indiana Jones for the most part.:dunno However, I do agree that there should be more weathering on the jacket and slacks. I would also like to see the hat on his head to see if it was corrected to be worn lower.

See...after everyone's griping this is what happened...the old sculpt was way better than this crap! I would have been happy with the old sculpt.
I agree I liked the old sculpt better...I just had a problem with the hat sitting too high in pics. What I've seen this morning on the other hand is horrible. I'm canceling.

The only reason the price is so high is because of the stupid moving eyes. Every time people say Superman should have been a DX, I thank the 1/6 Gods that it wasn't

Ummm... And S priced ~like this DX.

317740_10150320917452344_58690437343_8303192_935166335_n.jpg

318434_10150320917367344_58690437343_8303190_278733521_n.jpg

From HT face book

I see a much better likeness in the HT

*snip*

than I see in this

indy2.png

I disagree. This sculpt is off through the eyes but I see Ford/Indy there even without the hat.

HT looks like Gregory Peck. And that's fine if your a fan of The Omen. Not so much if you're a fan of Indiana Jones.

Disappointed but I'm glad the nagging mystery is over.

Went the way I feared. I never wanted to be a nay-sayer, not on Indy for crying out loud, but I just never held out as much trust in HT as many of the newer members here. I've seen this sort of thing happen to all companies as they experience growing pains and ultimately bite off more than they can chew at some point.

I disagree. This sculpt is off through the eyes but I see Ford/Indy there even without the hat.

HT looks like Gregory Peck. And that's fine if your a fan of The Omen. Not so much if you're a fan of Indiana Jones.

I have to be honest that sculpt has bothered me a little. It gets a lot of love, but to be honest I see Ron Perlman and a bit of Tom Waits in that sculpt. I hate saying that as I don't like to be mean about people's customs. Anyway a lot of people like it including the owner, so that is all that matters

You see a figure, dressed in full Indy regalia, hat, whip, jacket, etc., with brown hair, and ANYONE will say that its supposed to be Indiana Jones. $250+ saved.

:lecture

This is HT worst effort in a good long while.

Glad I diden't pre-order anywhere.

Very disappointed , I was hoping that it would have a passing resemblance.At this point I'd kill to see a new 1/6 SS sculpt by Trevor. Similar to the sculpt on the TOD PF.

:lecture

This is HT worst effort in a good long while.

Glad I diden't pre-order anywhere.

Well, I definitely don't think it sucks but it is totally not worth the money. I am debating canceling my preorder now, but it is still the best Indiana jones so far but that isn't saying too much since the Sideshow versions are horrible even at 100 bucks. Hence why you see them on clearance for 50. This version is barely better than the Toys McCoy version which was made over ten years ago. Seriously not worth the money. Especially for "DX" quality. Ugh!!!!

Great analogy! I remember trying to convince myself that the Pac-Man was not a piece of crap. He didn't even turn to eat the pellets!!! :slap

At least Atari somewhat redeemed themselves with Ms. Pac-Man. No such opportunity here. I would be shocked if they revisit Indy, unless they float a new sculpt that gets nearly uniform praise.

:exactly::exactly::exactly:
When I was a kid I saved my allowance to buy Pac-Man on the Atari 2600.

I told myself it was good. After all, I paid for it. And it says Pac-Man. It must be good. Right?

Yeah, I'm also waiting for more pics before passing final judgement. Worst case I'll sell it if it's disappointing in hand.

Yes, I am starting a new thread, with in hand pics, how else can someone come in and find pics right away ...

How can Hot Toys make the best figure I have ever seen (Christopher Reeve Superman), then in the same day release this?

I am a huge Indiana Jones fan, and I'm not happy.

Why didn't they hire Trevor. What a mess ... if this looks like Harrison Ford then I look like Harrison Ford (and I don't).

photo-2.jpg

photo-3.jpg

photo-4.jpg

photo-5.jpg

photo-17.jpg

photo-22.jpg

Well i put this link in the other thread and i mys well put itt here to

And This is the indiana Jones theme song for this hot toys collectible (< Not Mine ................>)

Listen

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwL-9kUGbUs[/ame]

I know I must be delusional but, even though this still isn't the best of pics, this looks great to me:

1128866225-ac-1882xf10x0544x0408-m.jpg

at the end of the day this is goin to look great on display! i, like everyone else, cant wait for OMG to post his pics. at this point it looks to be a crucifixion though...

im no judas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back