Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This picture shows what's bugging me so far- the lower lip looks like he got punched, and the sculpt itself is soft, like a poor casting. The mouth and nose are especially soft, and I'm not seeing the "mottled" look where hot toys varies pore pigment and creates a pore like texture that makes it look so much more real. This looks like a HT figure made 4 years ago, and for $250, that's absurd. :slap

That's because the photo is all washed out.

We are part of a small club my friend, and it's getting smaller by the minute.

Someone asked about HT FB and HTC FB. Everyone on HTC seems to be too interested in Superman to care. Reactions on HTC to the latest pic from MHC781 seem to be much more positive than negative.

Not that any of that matters, I'm certainly not out to convince anyone to like it, to each his own.

I'm not a HT fanboy, this is actually my first HT figure, but I am an Indy fanboy. I've passed on a lot of crap Indy stuff (I'm looking at you 12" Hasbro Indy and Diamond Select Indy) that was a lot cheaper than this. I am very happy with what we ahve seen so far, and can't wait to see more...and ultimately have my own in hand.

And no, I haven't paid for it yet, so I'm not jsut saying this to compensate for buyer's remorse.

I used to be a part of the small group who really liked this figure...but that was with the old sculpt...this new sculpt...there's something cartoony and wrong about it...and looks like he just got lip implants....I dunno...I hope hope hope its just lousy pics, I really do.

It would be funny for Enterbay to now announce that there got the indiana Jones licence. That would make a refreshing change, EB giving HT the two fingers for a change.

I used to be a part of the small group who really liked this figure...but that was with the old sculpt...this new sculpt...there's something cartoony and wrong about it...and looks like he just got lip implants....I dunno...I hope hope hope its just lousy pics, I really do.

Me too, but I fear it's bad. That lip just looks way too big. :monkey4

Laughing at the people overreacting -again- to some bad photos... :lol

Waiting on OMG's photos...

:yess:

You need help Butter's.

So we should be laughed at for judging the proto.
So we should be laughed at for judging the new sculpt.
So we should be laughed at for judging the official new pics.
And we should be laughed at for judging inhand pics.

You should be laughed at for being unable to judge a head sculpt without first seeing one of the boards more talented photographers take pictures of it.
Unless OMG comes around to your house and lights/poses it for you everytime you want to look at it, I suggest you read the posts from people who have it inhand.. And hate it.
:rotfl:lol

Last edited:
I don´t like it, I don´t see Harrison Ford in this figure, I prefer the sideshow.

Yeah, Sideshow FTW! :wink1:

13.jpg

Laughing at the people overreacting -again- to some bad photos... :lol

Waiting on OMG's photos...

:yess:

Somehow when you're desperately holding out hope you sound even more like Butters in my head.

Good luck on the OMG photos. I hope you catch a lucky break.

I think part of it is the DX PERS system. The eyes tend to look bigger than they're supposed to be for whatever reason. I'm disappointed they haven't tried to improve PERS to minimize the odd uncanny valley effect the slightly larger eyes present.

I'm wondering if a lot of this could've been avoided had the HS been a regular sculpt...

I think part of it is the DX PERS system. The eyes tend to look bigger than they're supposed to be for whatever reason. I'm disappointed they haven't tried to improve PERS to minimize the odd uncanny valley effect the slightly larger eyes present.

I'm wondering if a lot of this could've been avoided had the HS been a regular sculpt...

:goodpost: them PERS are definitely not doing the sculpt any favours

I'm super close to canceling my preorder.

But I will wait until OMG's photos...I will laugh if his pics make it look awesome, then I end up wanting it again, lol.

This picture shows what's bugging me so far- the lower lip looks like he got punched, and the sculpt itself is soft, like a poor casting. The mouth and nose are especially soft, and I'm not seeing the "mottled" look where hot toys varies pore pigment and creates a pore like texture that makes it look so much more real. This looks like a HT figure made 4 years ago, and for $250, that's absurd. :slap

Because the flash blew out all the details.

Seriously?!?!?! We still haven't realized what flash does to pics nowadays?? We've only been suffering through this for the last 5 years.

The sculpt still isn't very good, but the pores and all that crap are still there.

:exactly::goodpost::lecture
Unfortunately I was one of the fools who paid for this upfront, otherwise I would be cancelling. I hope other Indy fans speak with their wallets on our behalf!

:lol Who are you trying to fool, you have absolutely no intention of buying this figure. You are just trolling...

The sculpt isn't anywhere near as bad as your titty-baby rants. They are bad. :rotfl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back