Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Indiana Jones In Hand Pics

Great analogy! I remember trying to convince myself that the Pac-Man was not a piece of crap. He didn't even turn to eat the pellets!!! :slap

At least Atari somewhat redeemed themselves with Ms. Pac-Man. No such opportunity here. I would be shocked if they revisit Indy, unless they float a new sculpt that gets nearly uniform praise.

I pre-ordered for that piece of crap sight unseen.

I like it :rock but please nobody is able to take a good pic with a good pose and good lighting?
:impatient:

I'm happy with the sculpt :rock

297770_10150327769014671_650024670_8037246_1783752266_n.jpg

I'm sure Sideshow won't be too happy about this either. Lots of cancellations and impacted bad sales of their map room dio.

at the end of the day this is goin to look great on display! i, like everyone else, cant wait for OMG to post his pics. at this point it looks to be a crucifixion though...

im no judas

This picture shows what's bugging me so far- the lower lip looks like he got punched, and the sculpt itself is soft, like a poor casting. The mouth and nose are especially soft, and I'm not seeing the "mottled" look where hot toys varies pore pigment and creates a pore like texture that makes it look so much more real. This looks like a HT figure made 4 years ago, and for $250, that's absurd. :slap

I have to be honest that sculpt has bothered me a little. It gets a lot of love, but to be honest I see Ron Perlman and a bit of Tom Waits in that sculpt. I hate saying that as I don't like to be mean about people's customs. Anyway a lot of people like it including the owner, so that is all that matters

One issue with that sculpt (imo) is that it was 1/4 shrunk down to 1/6... I think during that process some of the features were slightly distorted compared to the original sculpt. I've never seen a paint-up of that head that looked as nice as a repainted PF.

I still think the best bet is a repainted 1/6 ROTLA sculpt.

I'm sure Sideshow won't be too happy about this either. Lots of cancellations and impacted bad sales of their map room dio.

Sends a good message though!

We are not just HT fan boys! We want quality!

I am also of the opinion that they thought in the end let's just get it out there and the suckers will buy it

1128866225-ac-1882xf10x0544x0408-m.jpg

Arnie Kim failure. That is awful, I can't imagine how many collector's cancelled this hideous thing.

looks like Ford to me..every person thats seen it (wife,friends) that do not collect 1/6 scale figures...say it looks like Ford to them :dunno

Sends a good message though!

We are not just HT fan boys! We want quality!

I am also of the opinion that they thought in the end let's just get it out there and the suckers will buy it

:exactly::goodpost::lecture
Unfortunately I was one of the fools who paid for this upfront, otherwise I would be cancelling. I hope other Indy fans speak with their wallets on our behalf!

I want to see more pictures- the full figure standing, and the head with hat on from the front and side.

Yeah me to & some nice poses to. The in hand pic's wouldn't flatter the best of figures out there. Still right now I'm planning on posing my Indy from behind & facing down, seems like the best angle at this point ;)

at the end of the day this is goin to look great on display! i, like everyone else, cant wait for OMG to post his pics. at this point it looks to be a crucifixion though...

im no judas

We are part of a small club my friend, and it's getting smaller by the minute.

Someone asked about HT FB and HTC FB. Everyone on HTC seems to be too interested in Superman to care. Reactions on HTC to the latest pic from MHC781 seem to be much more positive than negative.

Not that any of that matters, I'm certainly not out to convince anyone to like it, to each his own.

I'm not a HT fanboy, this is actually my first HT figure, but I am an Indy fanboy. I've passed on a lot of crap Indy stuff (I'm looking at you 12" Hasbro Indy and Diamond Select Indy) that was a lot cheaper than this. I am very happy with what we ahve seen so far, and can't wait to see more...and ultimately have my own in hand.

And no, I haven't paid for it yet, so I'm not jsut saying this to compensate for buyer's remorse.

Laughing at the people overreacting -again- to some bad photos... :lol

Waiting on OMG's photos...

:yess:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back