Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's worse than that is people who refuse to understand that the way one person sees something isn't necessarily the same way someone else sees something. Like there's only one way of seeing something, their way. And then people get caught up in the mob mentality and start bashing the hell out of something to be part of the crowd... :lol

If you want to be taken seriously

Step 1: Change your username
Step 2: Change your Avatar
Step 3: Admit that this sculpt fails :lol

:1-1:
But honestly, if you're happy with it, great, good, be happy, enjoy the fig :wave

Because of some bad blury pics? You're a better man than I am then...

Bad blurry pics are not distorting the likeness

I will eat my hat if OMG's pictures do not make this worse.

Bad blurry pics will be doing this sculpt a favour :lol

Who are u talking to?

It goes the same for people who will defend this figure to no end. You have every right to like what you see, but there's no reason to take offense every time someone gives an opposite opinion.

I certainly see understand how people see things differently. I based my views on what I see with my own two eyes. I didn't just start collecting last week.

hdzZx.jpg

I'm not offended at all by others comments, I don't know why you would think that. I just think that most of the comments here are based on the bad blurry photos. If I don't like something, I'll say it, but I'm not going to start screaming fire based on the photos we have seen so far, that's all... :dunno Some of us have been around the block way too many times to believe everything people say on the internets.

I waited until I saw a couple in hand pics to make my mind up. I'm a huge Indy fan and usually by anything with the Indy logo on it. For $250.00 you shouldn't have to look at any figure a certain way or in a certain light, it should scream Indy from every angle. This simply doesn't meet that requirement. Hated to have do it, but I just called Sideshow and cancelled my order.

If you want to be taken seriously

Step 1: Change your username
Step 2: Change your Avatar
Step 3: Admit that this sculpt fails :lol

:1-1:
But honestly, if you're happy with it, great, good, be happy, enjoy the fig :wave

I could say the same things about 80% of the members here. :lol

I don't know if I'm happy with it or not yet!

Re: Hot Toys Indiana Jones In Hand Pics

looks like Ford to me..every person thats seen it (wife,friends) that do not collect 1/6 scale figures...say it looks like Ford to them :dunno

Same deal here. :dunno

I honestly don't think the sculpt is that bad. Sure its not a perfect likeness, but its still a cool looking figure. I can't wait to see OMG's pics and hopefully the hat looks better than on the Proto.

I bought Indiana Jones, not Harrison Ford. I bought it for the character, not the actor.

I'm not offended at all by others comments, I don't know why you would think that. I just think that most of the comments here are based on the bad blurry photos. If I don't like something, I'll say it, but I'm not going to start screaming fire based on the photos we have seen so far, that's all... :dunno Some of us have been around the block way too many times to believe everything people say on the internets.

You actually come off as taking offense a lot. You seem to need to respond every time someone makes a comment that doesn't put a positive spin on this figure. I've said a few time how I'd wait to see in hand pics before making a decision....and I have. I've never been part of a mob mentality and bashed this figure.

Maybe it is your user name and avatar.

I have made this experiment. Only I put the hat and have retouched the levels and shadows projected by the hat on his face

indyhottoyswithhat.jpg

I see Harrison as Indy here :dunno

Looks better in the video

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaeDVyKwiDY&feature=feedu[/ame]

You actually come off as taking offense a lot. You seem to need to respond every time someone makes a comment that doesn't put a positive spin on this figure. I've said a few time how I'd wait to see in hand pics before making a decision....and I have. I've never been part of a mob mentality and bashed this figure.

Maybe it is your user name and avatar.

That's just your perception, I think. I don't know what else to say. :dunno

Don't like it, don't buy it...

For all those on this eternal thread who are dismayed/horrified by this figure, for those that abhor it, hate it, are disappointed by it, or merely unsure about it, then the answer is simple:

DON'T _____KIN' BUY IT.

The rest of us are very happy to have the closest 1/6th Indy yet produced with loads of great accessories and are not concerned that it isn't actually a miniaturised living, breathing, Indiana Jones. It's a sculpt, an artwork and on top of that it's a TOY! Something to pose and put on a shelf!
It's not cheap, but then not much is in the latter part of 2011. You get what you pay for and let's face it $200 is a reasonable dinner with a decent bottle of wine! When someone can produce a better Harrison Ford sculpt I will be happy. I have one premium format Han Solo and four 1/6th and this is the best Ford sculpt BY FAR!

I am sick of the moaning, just accept that a lot of people have put an awful lot of work into this and all you armchair critics can do is despise....if you don't like it then don't buy it! SIMPLE!

And I have watched the video above and am even more stoked. It' s an excellent piece. So there!

Last edited:

If only the fedora would sit like that...would definitely help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back