Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For all those on this eternal thread who are dismayed/horrified by this figure, for those that abhor it, hate it, are disappointed by it, or merely unsure about it, then the answer is simple:

DON'T _____KIN' BUY IT.

The rest of us are very happy to have the closest 1/6th Indy yet produced with loads of great accessories and are not concerned that it isn't actually a miniaturised living, breathing, Indiana Jones. It's a sculpt, an artwork and on top of that it's a TOY! Something to pose and put on a shelf!
It's not cheap, but then not much is in the latter part of 2011. You get what you pay for and let's face it $200 is a reasonable dinner with a decent bottle of wine! When someone can produce a better Harrison Ford sculpt I will be happy. I have one premium format Han Solo and four 1/6th and this is the best Ford sculpt BY FAR!

I am sick of the moaning, just accept that a lot of people have put an awful lot of work into this and all you armchair critics can do is despise....if you don't like it then don't buy it! SIMPLE!

I'll drink to that, brother! :duff

For all those on this eternal thread who are dismayed/horrified by this figure, for those that abhor it, hate it, are disappointed by it, or merely unsure about it, then the answer is simple:

DON'T _____KIN' BUY IT.

The rest of us are very happy to have the closest 1/6th Indy yet produced with loads of great accessories and are not concerned that it isn't actually a miniaturised living, breathing, Indiana Jones. It's a sculpt, an artwork and on top of that it's a TOY! Something to pose and put on a shelf!
It's not cheap, but then not much is in the latter part of 2011. You get what you pay for and let's face it $200 is a reasonable dinner with a decent bottle of wine! When someone can produce a better Harrison Ford sculpt I will be happy. I have one premium format Han Solo and four 1/6th and this is the best Ford sculpt BY FAR!

I am sick of the moaning, just accept that a lot of people have put an awful lot of work into this and all you armchair critics can do is despise....if you don't like it then don't buy it! SIMPLE!

Relax, Francis.

Can't wait for the whining to begin when those who didn't buy the figure or cancelled,only to come back later,realizing that this will be a great figure in hand, and then end up paying more for it when the figure dries up in the market.

I really doubt that's going to happen much, if at all.

DON'T _____KIN' BUY IT.

If they hate it, let them hate it. Does not mean we have to agree. It works the other way too. I am looking forward to having it my collection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaeDVyKwiDY&feature=feedu

FEATURES
- PERS
- Translucent Iris
- Authentic likeness of Harryson Ford as Indiana Jones
- Detailed paint apps

trmeter.jpg

The wig seam is VERY noticable on the second hair piece.

True, but it'll be covered by the hat when that wig is in use.

It definitely looks better in the video--I guess less chance to scrutinize it when the figure is moving around. Still not good enough to warrant such a high price, and for it to be a Hot Toys 2011 figure, IMO.

I think people have a right to complain or bemoan what they feel is disappointing, just as people who like what they see have a right to sing it's praises.

DON'T _____KIN' BUY IT.

I think that's the problem - some people have actually bought it. I'm fine with this sculpt - and the rest - not being worth the money to me 'cause I haven't committed any money towards it. If you're happy with the figure good for you. When others aren't, some whining is to be expected within the first 24 hours of the reveal.

For all those on this eternal thread who are dismayed/horrified by this figure,
for those that abhor it, hate it, are disappointed by it, or merely unsure about it, then the answer is simple:

DON'T _____KIN' BUY IT.
So you hate ppl who sayin' what they thinkin' about worldwide release? Then...

jzw68h.jpg

Looks really good to me from the video. Alot better with the hat. He looks a bit pinheaded without it.

Truth of the matter is Superman and Indy needed to be grand slams for most people to be happy. IMO both appear to be a solo home run thus a lot of indifference. Personally, I am satisfied with both but I can understand the tittybabies whining and complaining as I can see areas lacking in both sculpts.

On a side note, what is up with the hair piece? I hope it was just the dude's impatience that looked nasty.

Really guys-best Indy sculpt in 1/6 to me! Video shows it better in realistic lighting- looks great to me-
the HAIR SEAM line looks distracting until the hat is put on! The hair may be the feature throwing off the sculpt.
The jacket looks good in the video- close up lens distortion in one pic makes it look big and long. The final jacket looks better and not so thick and toylike as proto pics. Futz it around and give it some wrinkles!
It's an artist's interpretation of an actor's face- not a computer scanned product. The sculpt is a matter of personal taste. It's a man's heat wearing a Fedora- not alot of UMPPHHH there to ooogle over.

Re: Hot Toys Indiana Jones In Hand Pics

I have made this experiment. Only I put the hat and have retouched the levels and shadows projected by the hat on his face

indyhottoyswithhat.jpg

I see Harrison as Indy here :dunno

YES!!! A great pic- get this in hand and I think we have it! THX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back